Campral & Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral & Gas

I was having great success with the Campral. But I had the most embarrasing gas that was almost uncontrollable, every time I would eat a meal I had to go hide. I had to stop taking the med.

At first I didn't know what was causing the gas because I have a sensitive stomach any way to certain foods. I tried modifying what I ate, cut out all dairy which can give me gas some times and even started taking digestive enzymes. Nothing worked. Then it occured to me it was the Campral. I stoped taking it and my stomach settled right down. No more gas.

Now my problem is that I have a lot of changes going on in my life, good ones like a potential new relationship, a brand new GREAT job with big responsiblities, etc....and now the cravings are coming back. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I took the med for over one month, so that seems like it would be enough time for my system to adjust.

I was wondering if you had heard of anything that could counteract this reaction.

In the meantime, I'm going to step up my program again with the supplement, CD's and exercise...including Yoga to get through this rough patch.

Thanks in advance for your response!

JJ

Campral & Gas

Hi, JJ. Campral is known to sometimes cause GI problems, including gas, diarrhea and other symptoms. Enzymes can be helpful but if they didn't work for you, I would recommend an over the count probiotic (friendly bacteria) agent, which can reduce gas-related discomfort. There are many, many brands. Probiotics are foods or supplements that contain live microorganisms. They work by replacing the gas producing bacteria in your gut. You can also increase your intake of probiotic foods such as yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk or kiefer. If you don't get relief, seek the help of a naturopath who can recommend specific herbal therapies to help balance the flora in your lower intestines.

Sounds like you have a lot of positive change coming your way. Keep up the good work.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Campral & Gas

Campral

I think it would be worth a try again. The med really did help, I found that I have to add an element of support as well.

How soon could I start back on the med if I had a drinking eposide last night?

Comment

Working...
      X