Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaky today

Hi everyone
    I am going to stop drinking today. I drink wine all the time, and I feel horrible.I really want to stop, but as soon as there is an excuse to drink, I take it!!!How do I stop this horrible cycle???Does anyone have a way that might help???

shaky today

Hello Tiger and welcome,
    Please read about withdrawl symptoms etc.. Maybe you need medical care while you detox.. Please take precautions as your body could really react very seriously to quitting cold turkey... Just do take care and please do read what RJ wrote about withdrawls etc... You aren't alone There are so many of us that care about you.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

shaky today

It's hard but you can do it!

Tiger,

I am a big wine drinker (among other things) and found it easy to stop any drinking during the day but found it very difficult when 5pm came and I was about to cook dinner. I could easily go through two bottles in one night, and the next, and the next... Well, I decided to try 30 days AF with the help of the supplements. I take Kudzu, L-Glut, Sam-e, and at night I take Gaba (helps to sleep). I am now on day 26 AF and haven't felt this good in ages. It is like I have a whole new life. I want to be able to moderate and hope that I can but knew I needed to get the hardest 30 days behind me. Why don't you try to do the same? Even if you don't feel 30 days is doable try for one week. Hey, it's only one week right? After the first three to four days (to get over withdrawls and sleeplessness) you may begin to feel so good that you may want to go for two weeks. Also, stay on this sight when times are tough. The people here are great, non-judgemental, and are full of support. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water and be in the right frame of mind and you will succeed! Gabby.
      Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

shaky today

Hi tiger, I am the same, really don't feel much need int he day but 5pm and the bar is open in our house. Party time. Well I am on day 9, the first 4 days were a little rough, with a really nasty tongue and sore mouth and miniscule amount of sleep but after that things got so much better. I go to bed with joy in my heart looking forward to waking up and feeling even better than I did today. Initially though, was seriously grumpy, so be warned, the first few days could be grumpy but it is truly worth the hassle. Please give it a chance, and keep coming to MWO the people are really supportive, I come and read and read and read and have a little tap on the keyboard and it really helps. Come in the waters lovely!!!
        :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

shaky today

Excellent message there Skid Row - glad I read it.

And hi Tiger:welcome:

We're all in this together - read the book, get the supps, keep reading and posting everyday no matter what. A better life is waiting for all of us, it's the begining that's the hardest - getting through the withdrawals and changing habits and routines - but it can be done. There are many on this board who have proved it! Look forward to hearing more.....

wonder xx

Comment

shaky today

tiger wonder is right, you have to get the book and read it and follow the instructions with all that it says to get asap... then things are going to change for you asap. can you do that? you may have the desire to have the desire to stop drinking first and then you may simply desire to stop. then you may say you know what fuck this. i'm just going to really not want to do this. that's when you know you are really serious even when 5 pm. shows up bootsie is smiling with you.... you can do it...... we are all doing it....
            :welcome:

Comment

shaky today

stay here and read...we will get you through..great job on posting here...welcome...buckle

Comment

shaky today

Hi Everyone.
                I got through today so far,now I sleep,and hope I feel better than today. I have a really sore tongue and mouth...what does this mean???Also, I have gotten rosacea on my face. Is this from drinking too??? I really want to quit....it is thanksgiving this week....I ALWAYS use that as an excuse to drink!!!! How will I get through
                that??Thanks for all your help!!! Tiger

Comment

shaky today

:welcome: tiger

The advice you have been given already is spot on. Do not forget that the advice comes from people who feel/have felt like you and know what works, just so long as you really want to sort out your drinking.

Your body will protest at first-I had a sensitive tongue too when I went AF, felt like a (vitamin) deficiency of some sort, or a manifestation of an overly acidic system due to alcohol abuse. It's only when we stop drinking that we are more aware of specific health problems that were caused by the booze, especially if like me you were drinking for a long long time. Drinking can supress health issues.

Anyway! Just want to add my encouragement-I will reach 90 days AF on Saturday and I can tell you that I have never felt so good, so stick with this,you will be so proud of yourself if you do! Promise!

:h Anna:h
                  IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                  Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

shaky today

Welcome my darling,

New research seems to show that detox and doesn't last for what is considered the traditional five days. Rather
                    there seems to be a step by step drop down effect. In the first five days of AB we'd soon to encounter the notorious symptoms of alcohol withdrawal:

Shakes -involuntary muscular micro spasm
                    Sweats -the hyperactive hypothalamus activity
                    Elevated blood pressure -increased heart rate, constructive vascular flow, increased neurointensive activity
                    Mood swings -anxiety (fear, panic, racing thinking); depression (remorse, feelings of failure, abject sorrow)
                    Clarity shock -never mentioned as far as I can see. But it seems to involve the problem of realizing how badly you've screwed up your life, which of course will lead to all the above; which is why we alcoholics end up in a perpetual behavioural loop. From what I understand, reprogramming your brain requires that you deal with this last symptom of withdrawal above all others.

Withdrawal from alcohol lasts from 3 to 5 days. After the fifth day you are not going to get any more sober.

The drug has left your system and it's good riddance to old rubbish! But during those five days I do have some pointers:
                    • Physically isolate yourself as much as possible: in Australia, Britain and Canada most hospitals provide a free detox service. They are all non smoking but you will be given nicotine patches at no charge. In The US you'll probably have to pay for these services.
                    • After 24 hours of abstinence, take 10 mg of diazepam three times a day. Important: do not exceed the three day limit on diazepam. Its only effect is to reduce the psychological and physiological shock of withdrawal.
                    • After day three, diazepam is of no further use! Continued usage will only undermine your recovery.
                    • Drink as much water as you can possibly tolerate.
                    • Insist on a LFT blood sample, and to establish a baseline for your liver enzyme levels.After day three, insist on a blood glucose tolerance test: this will assess the damage you have done to your pancreas.Ensure that you are given a full broad spectrum intramuscular vitamin B.x shot.At day five you will be clear of alcohol physically. Mentally you will be enslaved to this disease for life.Accepting this is the hardest part beating this disease. Have a support system: never get bored, if you get lonely take up bowling/arm wrestling/whatever, try AA, be completely honest with at least one person in your life (priest, rabbi, doctor, husband/wife).
                    After this it's you're life to make of it what you will.:happy:

Love and Congrats for 1st Move,

LR :h
                    Long Road
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                    X