When does the AF irritability stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been AF for short spells before but forgot how angry it makes me. I'm on day 7 and feeling very irritable. How long before it typically subsides? Thx

Hey Peter Pan-
    Don't have 'THE' answer re: irritablitiy. But I do know that alot of people report a big shift on day 9 or 10. And then other shifts as more time AF accumulates. It will lift, though, eventually for sure. I guess everyone is different......

But I really just wanted to say well done on the 7 days. That's really awsome.

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later-
    wonder

Comment

Thanks for the response and encouragement, I'll anticipate more patients and calm in a couple days.

Comment

Better yet; I'm going to assume I simply had a bad day and be "over it" now... Ya, I like that better...

Comment

yeah -good plan

Comment

pan.

I am at day eight af and still not right but i am with you dude hang in there post often and chat helps as well!!!!

Comment

Thanks Cheech, back atcha... I'll follow your lead since you've got me by a day... Good luck

Comment

glad it's not just me!! I'm on day 4 and mrs snappy!!! was beginning to think i'd be better off with a relax and a glass (bottle+) of vino, but I'll see what day ten brings....if I can. Good luck all you, from Miss Miserably moody!

Comment

For what it's worth, the GABA really helps me.

Comment

Hang in there Micky! Congrats on making to day 4! The moods will pass, I promise.

You can do this! We are here for you.

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

THANKYOU THANKFUL! day 5 and felling realy good today( not like yesterday!)...been for a jog (apparrently exercise helps?) didn't enjoy it that much! but it should get better as I get fitter.

I love mornings, especially like this sunny one we have here in devon this morning. Makes me so glad to be sober and hangover free, I try to keep a hold of this feeling and remember it when it's 4pm through till about 8 when the desire for a drink is at its worst for me.

I love your quote that alcohol is simply the device between success and failure....when that voice of supposid reason is trying to convince you that actually it WOULD be a good idea and benificial to have just maybe 2 or 3 drinks (which is never the case!) i remind myself of that quote and the decision is made! it makes it so much easier to shut that voice up and stop even considering the idea of a drink.

Peter pan....how's the mood going? hope your feeling less grouchy too!

Comment

It will pass in time. You have to learn to live again and that takes time. Dont feel discouraged, it does come. we all have different times it clicks for us, but it is coming.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Very worried about this moodiess. Struggling with depression, and AF days did not clear it away -- made me feel worse. Going to start ADs as soon as insurance problems are taken care of.

Comment

after a period of years of al abuse (which artificially raises blood GABBA levels) sometimes the human brain is no longer capable of producing that and other neurotransmitters in sufficient quantities and therefor depression and other disorders seem to take longer to heal than we'd expect and prescribed drugs are needed sometimes. This is a complex subject but it's a fact that there are some supplements that most likely will provide some degree of relief...possibly total relief.

inositol powder (about 1/2 teaspoon in juice)
                            B12 sublingual (not in vitamin pills)
                            GABBA ( I like GABBA-Plus which is made by Twin Labs)
                            5HTP/Tryptophan (pharmaceutical grade)
                            magnesium
                            L-Glutamin (just because your AF you don't stop taking it...it's important for many functions)
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am getting this too - managed to get over it and beat my binging cycle back in rehab but am really finding it hard after a couple of relapses.

I get to day 4 and am so irritable and defensive. I end up snapping at someone close to me, feel bad, unable to apologise and sneak off for another drink. Once the episode is over I can see clearly again - including how much out of proportion I got everything. I can't work out if it's the bad feeling from being irritated or wanting a drink that is the cause or effect.

Starting again on Day 2 AF but dreading the anxiety and irritability that I know is due in approx. 2 days time.

Comment

Working...
                              X