Saturday, July 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, July 15

Hello to all my lovely neighbors in Absville!

Day 15! Congratulations to everyone on all of your abs days!!

We have such a great group of people - thanks to all of you for your contributions here. I love reading all the posts everyday, and there is so much I want to respond to, just gets me thinking about so many things. It's exciting, and daunting at the same time! Just wish I had more time... and could type faster...

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. He sounds like a great guy, and obviously he brought something very special into your life. I think you're fortunate to have known him. Hope you're not feeling too sad today.

Coming to terms with death and loss is not easy or fun. But at least we are now dealing with it instead of hiding, or dulling the experience with alcohol.

Jane, your grandmother sounds wonderful. Sorry to hear about her passing. You seem to be handling it well. It was painful reading your post, because she reminds me so much of my grandmother. I just don't know what the world will be like without her. She is so much a part of my everyday thoughts.

You never know which bodies those special souls will be in... the ones you connect with. I guess all we can do is recognize them and enjoy them while we have them around.

Matt, I hope your night out was AF and FUN as you predicted! I'm so pleasantly surprised at how soon we can begin to have fun again without alcohol, even if others around us are drinking. Because I'm secure in my decision to abstain, it doesn't pose a threat most of the time. Although, it can start to wear thin if I hang out too long!

I must admit that sometimes I relish the fact that I don't drink when I'm around others that do. I get that "I've got a -clean- little secret" feeling. And I'm proud to be able to match wits with them, and know none of it's artificially induced on my part. Hah!

Have a beautiful day everyone!
    :h
    Deirdre

Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary.

Eckhart Tolle

Saturday, July 15

Saturday 15. July

Hi all,
    am very busy, just wanted to check in to let you know that all is well. More from me tonight.
    Love Lori

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Re: Saturday 15. July

Good Mornin STAINERS (as cute lil ole Jane would say)
      I love your post Lori as its soundin like mine lately. Short and out of here....Sorry. lol

Susan, thanks for bein the anchor or whatever you guys are bein. Love the quotes. yesterdays I liked especially. Like to view life that way too. I am so sorry for your loss. So sad to see loved ones go away. I wish everyone well.
      Same to you Jane. Boy oh boy....95! How cool is that!! Livin that long. And to be healthy. My Grandma...Nana died at 91. Same with her...lived alone up to the end. God gave me the previledge of being with her when she died. Wow, that was an experience! She used to tell me so many cool stories that happened in her life. Good and bad. She always said the sadest thing was tho....losing one of her children. That that part in life was never supposed to happen. Your child's death was not supposed to come before yours.(thinking of you Chrysa) She said to me that loosing her husband was oh so hard. But not like her child. I was very close to her. I miss her tons. Her child that she lost.....was my cute little mom. Damm....I miss her too. So many sad things happen in life. Unbelievable.....even tho ya dont always see it, and there is so much pain, good somehow comes from it. Its how we learn and grow. Its whats meant to happen....and not always meant to understand. :c
      Anyway its neat to be able to say they lived a long complete life. Imagine all that we are learning about ourselves right now, and by the time we are that old....whew boy. How smart are we gonna be then. Thats why we really gotta work on gettin smart now so we ARE smart then. I tryin.
      Well.....I'm starting to ramble and I gotta get ready for work.
      Jane......Heres a BIG FAT 39 FOR YA! I am still with ya. But I still say I cant take full credit for it. Its the damm topa doin it. I still gotta finish my devil thoughts post that I have never finished. I'm gettin it straight in my head first. (Thats why I havent written you back Kathy). I am really doing some self evaluating about my drinking. Its not the survey kind, just the inside me kind. Its sad. I'll share as soon as I can get it in order. But I can shamefully say....I would not be able to do this without the topa. Makes me wonder how I'll do when I stop.
      Now for my Cheerie face....... Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!! (sure....after I go and depress ya all) lol
      (a true giggle...this proves I am dimented) gabby

Comment

Saturday, July 15

15!

Mornin' Absville!

Man I love that quote! "Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Ton O' Bricks anyone?

Dinner out last night was good. Everyone had wine except little old me. Sipped my bubbly water and lime. For some reason my hearing was acutely sharp and I kept hearing and noting what everyone around us was ordering to drink. How wierd is that?

I'm starting to fell better and more confident in my ability to simply not drink alcohol, even in its presence. I realize at day 25 I'm still a greenhorn at this but I'm looking forward to seeing it become just a "non-issue" in the future.

The only thing that bothered me last night was after dinner when my mother-in-law (who always pushes my buttons) said "I really enjoy having dinner with you when you're not drinking." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I know she meant well but how G-D patronizing can you get? Sorry, just a little venting.

Better go listen to the clearing cd today

Love ya all,
        Matt

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Re: 15!

Matt, I way bad dont blame ya.....that would bug me too!
          Gabby

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Pure fun

OK Gang,

This website is great and tons o fun. Paint like the master Jackson Pollock at

www.jacksonpollock.org

Just move the mouse around at different speeds and click to change the color.

Enjoy!

Matt

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Re: Pure fun

Hello Abbers!!

I just did a longggggg post to all of you and it dissaperared!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

Gabby are you behavin?

No time now ...will be back!

:d Nancy

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Yes.....I am Nancy.....didnt you see my BIG FAT 39 DAYS
                up there in anther post. I really am. Ask Jane. : ) gab

Comment

Saturday, July 15

WOW Matt! Thanks.

That's HEAPS of fun. I just did one of your mother-in-law!

Tawny

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Hey stainers,

Just checking in. YUP... Big fat 39 days... Just like Gabby.

Gawd, wouldn't it be great if you could just get the buzz without destroying your whole life in the process? Today, I'm missing the buzz... just a little... BUT I'm not drinking. Don't wanna.

Thanks for the condolences(sp?) ya'll. It feels like I've been on the phone with family non stop since Thursday night. We'll be having family come stay and then we'll all go out of town for the funeral next week. I'm not sure for how long, but I'll stay in touch. I like being accountable to y'all... ty

HUGZ... NOT HUNGOVER SATURDAY!

Comment

Saturday, July 15

see nancy

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Hi Guys,
                        Well I have been lurking, hovering & hoovering for a few weeks, soaking up all the wisdom and getting ready to start again. I was so disappointed in myself and started wondering if I could actually stop drinking and stay that way! Even though in the past few weeks I have been drinking on and off I still haven?t gone down as bad as I have previously (meaning drinking too much but not the out of the mind, no control and never enough way). I WANT MY LIFE BACK and I know I cannot do this without you guys! I did have a turning point when my doctor rang and asked if I was ok as I had missed an appointment, his caring really touched me. The next call was from my parents who decided to come up for the weekend to visit me. Wonderful! When I have people around me whom I love I simply don?t want to drink and the time out gave me strength to know I am going to start again. Started reading all the threads on abs and was blown away on how much wisdom and caring was there and realized I have missing out on all this support. I tend to isolate myself when I am not doing well, it?s as if I need to punish myself! So many people still doing well and so many new ones too!
                        Today is a new day! And I am so glad I am back!
                        Lots of love Shas
                        :h

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Hi Shaz,

Welcome back to Absville! How's the weekend with your folks going? Have them feed you well and stock you up with bubbly water and lots of fresh fruit. Do you have the vitamins and supplements yet?

Matt

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Saturday, July 15

Buggers!!!!!!!!!!!! It did it again!!!!!!! I give.

Good night!!

:d :d
                            Nancy

Comment

Saturday, July 15

Hello all,
                              Just wanted to check in and say Hi. Today is day 9 on tx and day 9 of abs for me. Feeling ok, just a little tired. I guess the good thing about this tx is that alcohol is the farthest thing from my mind. Hopefully after 6 months of this alcohol will only be a distant memory in my mind.

Sounds like everyone is doing well here.

Take care,
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X