I really want a drink - NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm at the 7.30 pm witching hour. And I'm in a really REALLY bad mood. The reason for my mood is that I've told myself I won't drink tonight and I feel really fed-up because I want to. I feel irritable, and tearful. If I can't drink ... where's the cut-off point between day and evening, childminding time and grown up time? I've wheeled a trolley round the supermarket, had the children since noon today (they get half days at school on Weds and Fridays), my husband who has just got in is going to play football in an hour, and there's nothing on telly but a bloody football match. Yes I'm being bolchy. I know. But I realise what a comfort wine provides, and I'm cross not to have it. I don't want to have a hot bath, read a book, ..... I want red wine!

Cookinghappy.....what can I say to you to help you? I have been in exactly the same situation as you! It all seems terribly boring to say ...have a cup of tea, but you have to be strong. just stay on-line and read lots of posts, thats what I did. I sent some PMs and got lots of support. you have support here and you can beat this. Be proud of yourself for saying no to that wine. My thoughts are with you. Bella xxxxx

Comment

Thanks Bella. It's nice to know you are out there, and amazing that someone's thinking of me.

Comment

Cooking - I hear you!! I'm not going to suggest a 'nice cup of tea'.... or anything.... I so remember the feeling...the where's the cut-off point....the ,quite honestly, lonliness of sitting there with the kids settled: the time for me I had wanted all day....and NOW BL**DY WHAT!?!?! Hubby out, kids settled, rubbish telly....and no wine?!?! WOT!

So, what did I do? I got at anything physical I could....daft things like cleaning the silver, someone told me about cleaning the bathroom with bleach and a toothbrush (never did it but had it up my sleeve!), I played the piano, paced the house, got on the internet BIG time, came here loads, ANYTHING to keep my hands busy.... I was tired so didn't watn to do high kicks and things but as long as my hands were busy....and my mind. Howz about watching the b....footy and picking holes in all the daft comentary, wooosy injuries, give the screen all your understandable irritation....on both counts! Copy out favourite recipes for us here? Plan things like face packs for an evening - I hate them but they took up a handy half hour of crazy craving...helped me to have something to plan for the evening... and I started loads of evening projects....took a bit of discipline bit it did help. It felt really odd moving around the house in the evening...compared to sitting on my bum with a glass all night!! But I got used to it...it's OK! But, boy, did I rant! Then it settled.

Stick here and rant, vent, ramble....we don't mind. And I am sure there'll be loads of ideas coming your way later on from here....JUST DON'T DRINK.

It DOES get better.....your feelings are natural and a sign of progress....

Now, shout at me and punch a cushion....it's OK!

Love FMS xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Sorry Bella! Nothing against your cup of tea! Honest! Cross posting here! There you go Cooking....your evening's going to be taken up with a Tea vs No Tea argument! Ready!?

Comment

Why is that amazing? I think its great that you are asking for help. Of course someone is thinking of you ....I've been there, desperate for a drink or 20 and will no doubt be there again! Its tough but worth it , just to feel normal again without the wine. You don't NEED it. X

Comment

Thanks. i'll go and put the kettle on and the children to bed. Deep breaths ........

Comment

HI! I'm new here, been reading messages for 3 days.....

:new: I have put at least bottle of red wine down my neck almost every night for the last 8 years and woke up monday morning feeling so worn out and ill and miserable then i found MWO and been obsessed with reading the boards ever since and have not had a drink for 2 nights! Cookinghappy can so identify with you. I went to sleep when I came back from the supermarket this afternoon to escape the feelings of desperado....I have 3 gorgoeous teenage girls and they have a very grumpy sleepy mother at the moment. And my hubby has just gone out to get some beers for the footy. I seem to be reasonably calm though and I am just so sick of suddenly feeling so old and ill. I may even go and paint the bathroom? I feel like I'm living in a wierd bubble just now, not sure who i am!! Have a great evening x

Comment

Thank you all. Well I've had supper, and am now having a yoghourt and a cup of tea. I am over the worst of tonights cravings. You got me there. On previous evenings I wouldn't even have posted because I didn't really want to help myself enough. Tonight, though it was touch and go for a while, I knew I could get through it with your help. Well done to all of you for having worked so hard yourselves that you are able to inspire me tonight. Thank you.

Comment

I'm feeling like a nasty bitch this PM. Holidays are very hard...everyone is having a few and I cannot. HELP me if you can. Today 3-4 lattes and then a diet coke, crackers and celery.

Munch.munch. Smoke.smoke.

Ripped & Pissie

Comment

Cooking,....you're going to feel SO good tomorrow and SO proud of yourself!

Well done, girl!:h
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Absolutely! Well done, Cooking,....be very proud of yourself!

(And BettyBlue and Ripple too)

Comment

Hi Cooking!
                          Thanks for your lovely letter the other day. Hope you got my reply. Maybe I was too upbeat at that point for you to reply??
                          As you know I've just started the program again and actually doing okay. But I really wondered if you had some sort of strategy in place? Hypno CDs? Supplements? They are all supposed to help you with those kinds of withdrawel attacks.
                          Also, remember that book I mentioned, Freedom from Addiction? It's got some really interesting things to say about withdrawel and how to deal with it. I'm reading it very slowly, but that's only because the kids take up so much of my time!
                          The Cds really are helpful though, very calming and I'm sure some of it sticks in those little grey cells and all these little things put together can really make a difference.

Do post again. Let me know what's going on! Glad to have found your post, I was wondering how you are doing.

Is that b******* match over now? Want to watch Neighbours :H
                          Lol, Pink

Comment

cooking...way to go!!! you must feel so much better now!! I am actually envious, because I remember being where you are now not too long ago...and soon after it got much better, but I let it all go and need to start again. You are doing so well!!! I really want to be on the "other side" with you again soon.

With Love,

Beth
                            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Cooking - there, you did it!! And got through. I was in a similar place last night. Truly knew the meaning of the word craving and just didn't know what to do with myself. Did a lot of stuff on the PC (client's work so at least I was earning money whilst feeling demented!!) and ate way too much dinner as compensation, then ran myself a bath (can't open a bottle when in the bath) and went to bed early. Took all my meds plus loads of Calm Fortes which really do seem to help me sleep. It was a struggle but I felt tons better about it this morning when I could fill in my drink tracker with a clear yellow patch!!!

I have a list of little jobs that need doing cos I don't seem to be able to think straight when crazing for a drink. I look at the jobs, discard them all as pants compared to drinking, realise that drinking isn't an option and re-visit jobs list and pick one or two out to focus on. Pretty random method of help but it works for me!!

Bessie xx

Comment

Working...
                              X