cold turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold turkey

I have been drinking heavy for tens. I'm sick of it. I was wondering if I can go cold turkey with out possibility of a seizure by taking topo. Thank you for your help also thank you for this website

linda

cold turkey

cold turkey

Yep, I would like to know the answer to this question too Dr Garcia.
    Thanks All
    MFM

Comment

cold turkey

Hello.

The program as outlined in the book does not support 'cold turkey' as a reasonable way for more serious drinkers to say good bye to alcohol. In addition to seizures, there is risk of racing heart, severe high blood pressure and hallucinations. If necessary, "detox" can be done over several days with medications substituting the alcohol and easing the transition.

The My Way Out program uses an integrated approach with vitamins, homeopathic/herbal remedies and brain specific amino acids to help during this initial phase. This provides support while the Topamax lessens the craving for alcohol. There is no abrupt cessation but a gradual loss of interest and decreased craving as the Topamax titrates up and the hypno CD messages kick in. The body is able to down regulate the receptors (the part of the brain that wants alcohol for the dopamine neuro high) so there is no withdrawal shock.

The brain is permanently changed by alcohol so don't forget these receptors have memory and can get turned on by a variety of situations, including alcohol. You will want to try and avoid Hunger, Anger, Loneliness and Tiredness: HALT.

Treat yourself gently during this transition as you rid alcohol or excessive drinking from your life.

Good for you for getting started!

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

cold turkey

14 DAYS INTO PROGRAM

i want to thank you for the time you put into this web site , iam in awe that there is a doctor that takes their time , besides the office vist , that has that human touch still . god bless youy and allways keep you close to us , i have 14 days now after a long 2 yrs . i was reading bills story yesterday during the cold and hot flashes, weather or not that is pre monopause or getting off the the bottle at this point i relly dont care . iam just hitting the bathroom floor more then i would like, i want to know, i was taking belladonna with the aloc, is there a withdraw from them , also valerian root . all are over the counter, please help. do i need to be doing anything besides keep praying and going to my 90 meetingts in 90 days ,. thank you for listening

Comment

Working...
        X