trying for moderation (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did AA this Summer.It's not for me. I can't do the religious overtones. Moved twice... Bad Landlord. Was doing good at moderation until a week ago. At the point now where there is a degree of self-loathing. Funny thing is that I usually enjoy sobriety more than a drink. I just hate alcohol having any control of me. So this is my shot at support since I'm a bit of a loner.:new:

Hi Lightpost, Welcome,
    You will find tons of valuable information and support here. Have you read the MWO book yet? That is really the starting point and the key to MWO.

MOD's is always very appealing when we arrive here. For me, it meant having my cake (booze) and eating it too. But, not many can MOD without at least a month AF. MOD's really means that we can honestly adapt a take it or leave it attitude. It means that we KNOW without a doubt that we are able to stop after one or two and it simply is not appealing to have more. For me it means being able to treat drinking alcohol the same as I would a glass of lemonade, I wouldn't dream of drinking lemonade until it made me sick! It wouldn't mean going into a panick wondering if I had enough lemonade on hand to get through the night! Yep! MOD's is tricky. That is why I am 7 days AF! I am simply not ready for MOD's, perhaps I never will be and that is OK with me!

Good Luck.....wishing you success on getting your life on track!
    KateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

This has been good for me to read. I have been struggling on and off with the mod and a/f.
      Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Welcome lightpost

Hi lightpost, :welcome:
        Ditto for the loner thing for me, but when fighting the booze demon this is the place to be. AA not for me either but hesitate to put Sh*t on them cos if they can help one single person?. then good. Didn?t really find them religious tho?, unless you call worshipping coffee and ciggies a God? Heeheehee . On a more serious note the booze demon is not, not, not. funny it has had me by the short and curlys? for too long. Am also a serial mover and know the joys of moving please read 100% sarcasm into those previous words. Keep reading and posting this site is a great place to be the help and support is fantastic.
        Cheers
        :baaah:

Comment

Working...
        X