When to take kudzu/milk thistle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if it is better to take kudzu on an empty stomach or with food? Same question for milk thistle.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

As they are supplements as opposed to drugs I guess it doesn't hurt to take them on an empty stomach?

Might even be more effective- sorry not sure really.

Comment

Marbella, I have taken milk thistle for four years, at any time of day on empty or full stomach. It has no side effects and all I know is that I used to have elevated liver functions (in the 60-75 range) , but since I started taking milk thistle and STOPPED ever taking tylenol or anything with acetaminophen I have had liver functions (AST and ALT) in the normal range (26 and 27, normal range is 0-40) for my last three physicals. Milk thistle was recommended to me by a friend with Hep C. I swear by it and will take it forever. and I will never take acetaminophen again unless it is an absolute emergency.

I take the kudzu with food at lunch and again at dinner, but I haven't really noticed an effect.
      And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum, & would like to be a part of this discussion. I started taking a product called
        Liv-A-New that I bought at Vitamin World when I started seeing some symptoms of liver disease that
        were quite unsettling.
        I stopped drinking, & am making it my goal to be alcohol free. Liv-A-New has both milkthistle &
        dandelion in it, which make it an amazing product. I discovered Kudzu when I was having cravings
        for alcohol. It helps, but I was concerned about any negative interaction between Kudzu & Liv-A-New.
        I take both with meals, 3 times a day, as recommended.
        Another product I stumbled on when reading another forum on liver care is Candida Liver Care, for-
        merly called, "Stay Sober", sold by Kroeger Herbs. It's something to consider.

Comment

Welcome Sober g. You may want to introduce yourself on a thread in General, but feel free to join any discussion. Sounds like you are doing well on restoring your liver.

Comment

Working...
          X