adrafinil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adrafinil

New to the program and felt mental clouding with Topamax. What can you tell me about adding adrafinil. ie. dosing, side effects? will it help? will it accellerate weight loss? I've read the book and been reading the board for some time now. Thank you for all of your help.

adrafinil

I sometimes recommend Provigil at 100 mg per day to my patients if they ask for additional support to help with fuzzy thinking. Adrafinil has also been used by individuals in this program and is said to help, but for those in the US, it is not approved by the FDA. Accelerated weight loss may be a result of Topamax, increased physical activity once you begin the MWO program, or a combination of the medications.

There's a lot of information about adrafinil on the internet. You may want to visit ?Dr. Bob's Psychobabble? site and search the substance abuse section. I don't know if we have linked it from our research area yet.

Thanks for the question. Please work closely with your health care provider when considering any new medications. These in particular may require a liver enzyme baseline and follow up.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X