Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. know anyone in or around olympia washington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also should I have m liver checked before I use topa?
    thank you for the help.
    carl

I would say get your liver checked. I ended up with some liver problems when I went to see my dr about topa, she said I couldn't take it because of that. You don't want to cause more health issues by taking medicine your body can't handle.

Marcie

Comment

Marice,
      How bad were your liver troubles? can they be fixed?
      carl

Comment

I found out I have hepatitis C. I don't know for sure how I got it, but I had awful jaundice, high liver test levels 5 years ago after I had a bad car wreck. They went away and now I'm finding out I may have had this for the past 5 years. Alcohol is the worst thing for the liver especially when it is damaged.

There is only about a 65% success rate in treatment. I will start that in about 6 months. I have to be sober for 6 months before they start treatment. I haven't had a drink for 12 days, not since the day after I found out. Of course I had to go out for one last hurrah(if you can call it that) the night I got my test results.

The good news is I'm young(33) and even if I did have this for 5 years, my liver isn't too damaged yet, so hopefully they caught it early enough. I never would have found out about this if I hadn't went to get topa from my doctor. She did prescribe it for me, but ran tests also. Called me the same afternoon and told me my results were abnormal and I couldn't take the topa.

Although I have a bigger motivation not to drink now, it's still hard. Even though I'm only doing parts of the program, I feel alot of support on this board so I read and post often.

Welcome Carl.

Marcie

Comment

marcie

Im glad they caught it early enuff where you can still do the treatment program. I Hope for you! I also know how you feel, we are after all in the same boat. What was your drink of choice? Mine was beer, but it never showed on my body as Im thin..I could hide it very well when I needed to.
          carl

Comment

Re: marcie

Beer or wine was my drink of choice. I used to be thin, but gained about 20 lbs in the past year from drinking and not eating well. I'll worry about losing the weight after I tackle the drinking issue.

Comment

Working...
            X