Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urine is cloudy-Cause for Concern?

Hi Dr. Garcia,

Sometimes I notice that my urine is cloudy. Is this a cause for concern with taking the topa? I am on 300 mg per day a drink lots of water most days.

Thanks!
    -Nina

Nina - I never noticed cloudy urine until I read your post and then I noticed today that my urine too was cloudy (very!). I got very nervous and started looking symptoms up on-line and got even more nervous. I am at 100 mg topa (w/o MD prescription). I am still taking all of the supplements and am wondering if any of those have anthing to do with it. I am tempted to just give up on the topa, if that's what's causing it, since I was doing OK without it. Let's hope Dr. Garcia answers your question soon. I really had no other topa side effects other than some tingling toes and fingers.

Comment

I don't want to give up topa. It has helped me TOO much. It isn't cloudy all the time. Today it hasn't been cloudy it all. It is just the first day I remembered to ask. I also posted the general discussion board also because I know the doc is so busy. Hang in there and drink plenty of fluids.

Comment

Actually - It wasn't that cloudy, however I did notice it - I think I was just really paranoid - and after I posted, it wasn't cloudy at all for the rest of the day. I guess we'll just wait and see what the doctor has to say. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Hi.

I'm glad that you are drinking plenty of water, although "plenty" means different amounts to many people. A urinalysis is an inexpensive way to see if you have any infection or leaking of protein that may indicate a different disease process. Urine should be light yellow although the B vitamins may make this a brighter color. I think a urine test would be a good idea.

Thanks for working with the program and good work on improving your health.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
          X