Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foggy Brain

Dr. Garcia,

I have been on the program six weeks and have been doing very well. I am currently on 200mg of top. My problem is my brain is foggy. I can't read and comprehend. If I am having a discussion with my husband and it is deeply involved I can't stay focused with the conversation. Will this side affect go away? I don't want to stop taking the top...this is the first time in 20 years that I have been sober and I like the new me. If I have to be foggy so be it. I just don't want any long term damage. Can there be long term damage to the brain?

Thanks

Foggy Brain

Hello.

Sometimes simply maintaining the current dose helps as your body adjusts to it. Also please see page 131 of the book My Way Out and note those suggestions. I would also recommend GunPowder Green Tea. Use one or two heaping teaspoons in a tea pot with hot (not quite boiling) water poured onto the leaves and let steep 3-4 minutes. No more or it will be bitter. Then strain and drink. This often charges up the brain cells.

Also, what are you doing for aerobics? If you are fit enough, get a little more aggressive with your exercise program. This may provide an energy burst to help with any mental lethargy. However, if you are not physically fit please be careful about how much you push yourself.

Keep up the good work. If the fogginess is intolerable, you may wish to decrease the dosage a bit. You may want to use the Happy Herbalist Kudzu as suggested on the Discussion Board, too.

Thanks again for your hard work at controlling this disease.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Foggy Brain

Re:campral

Hello Dr. Garcia,
      I have been taking the suppliments for a week. Just recieved my c.d. today. My doctor will not give me topomax....as I am a public speaker. I asked her to give me campral because I have been unable to stop drinking. But I understand that I can't take it and have had anything to drink in 7 days. I was hoping I could start taking it tonight to cut the urge. I just can't make it through a 24 hour period of time. I have upped the kudzu. Not sure if I am supposed to be taking anything else besides the ALL IN ONE, Magnesium, b complex, primrose, milk thistle and calm forte. Is the campral a situation where it will hurt me if I drink, or will it just not do the trick?????
      Celeste

Comment

Foggy Brain

Re: Re:campral

Hi.

It's not recommended unless you are abstinent. Ask your doctor for Naltrexone. This can be started while drinking, although it may not be as effective in curbing the cravings. However, it may allow you to reach the required seven days of abstinence so you can begin the Campral.

Some programs use Naltrexone and Campral combined. This approach would allow you to begin a therapy without treading into an unknown treatment area.

Thanks, I hope this helps.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
        X