Topamax and Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax and Pregnancy

I want to start a family and as such, have stopped taking topamax. How long does it take for the drug to be completely out of your system? How long should I wait before trying to get pregnant.

Thanks.

Topamax and Pregnancy

I certainly am not a doctor but came across a website www.crazymeds.org/topamax.html that stated that Topamax's half-life is 21 hours and that it is out of your system in four to five days. I would double check with a doctor to be sure, but thought I'd let you know what I found.

nj

Comment

Topamax and Pregnancy

Thank you. I will check it out.

Comment

Topamax and Pregnancy

Hi.

Congratulations on your family plans. Topamax will be out of your system in 21 hours after last use. You did not mention other non-pharmacological support strategies you planned to implement when the craving for alcohol returns. Remember: Topamax helps block the midbrain craving and the pleasure of drinking, but the altered brain receptors remain. How will you tackle a potential return to drinking? Acupuncture, hypno CD's, counseling, nutrition, exercise, etc? Remember that this is very much like diabetes. The disease/addiction will not necessarily go away. However, we now have tools to treat it and help you stay in control.

I hope this helps.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
        X