Need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help!

When I discussed this program with my physician, he prescribed Naltrexone. I've been taking the drug for a week, and have been AF for a week, too. The only side effect I have from Naltrexone is severe constipation, which I am attempting to alleviate with a laxative.
    I also feel very restless, moving from one task to another--low concentration! Sometimes I will go to the kitchen for something and forget what it was I went there for. At the same time, my energy level is extremely low. All I want to do is to lie around and read. Is this normal? Are my mind and body attempting to adjust to my lack of alcohol? I became a heavy drinker when I retired six years ago, and by last week I was guzzling a bottle and a half of white wine every day, beginning at 8:30 a.m.

Another question: I purchased a bottle of Kudzu Rescue from the store. Now that I have paid for it, I hate to waste it. Is it safe to take it while I'm taking Naltrexone, as an added help to keep my longing for white wine at bay?

Need some help!

Hi Skydancer,
    From what you have described, it sounds like you are feeling the symptoms of sugar withdrawl. It sounds like you have been drinking for years so I guess you have to be a little patient with your body while it sorts itself out.
    As far as the Kudzu goes, sorry, I have no idea.
    Great to read that you are AF.
    xxx
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Need some help!

SkyDancer,

The Kudzu is safe with the Naltrexone.

You will feel off for a while after stopping drinking. I posted some links on a PAWS (post acute withdrawl syndrome) thread. I am suffering from it very much but then again, until recently, I was drinking 1 - 2 bottles every night!! (If I had a whole day to drink, hmmm 3 - 4 bottles were easy to do.)

I believe the worst symtoms abate by 6 months but good nutrition, exercise and stress reduction help keep PAWS from being so bad.

Most people find that by day 10 they are coming out of that tunnel you are in right now, btw.

Remember, you are dealing with physical and emotional changes all at once.

Pamper yourself, take it easy, do not stress about it, exercise, eat right and enjoy your new sober life!!

You are doing brilliantly.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
      X