Can someone please answer my question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been having numb parts in my body for quite a while. I just noticed 2 of the tops of my fingers getting tingly feelings and now that part is numb. I take vitamins. I also take vitamin B-12 and Iron since the problem happened.

Numbness

Jessika hi,
    I am not a doctor and won't pretend to give you any medical advice. Unfortunately, the symptoms you're talking about can be do to a whole lot of things, either alcohol related or not.
    It can also come on from stress. I know this is not very helpful, but if I were you, I'd go see your doctor and see what he/she thinks. Also, if you can, come clean with your problems and try to get some medical help with them. You obviously are looking to rid yourself of your dependencies : i.e. alcohol and eating disorders, and you are making great progress, and talking to us. Now maybe is the time to push it a step further. Go see a doctor and get yourself on the campral or topamax, get help with your eating disorder, and your life will fall into place! It's not easy to make that first step, but once you do, watch out! You'll be feeling so much better about yourself, and feeling so much better PERIOD, that you won't want to come back to the place where you've been for awhile. It just gets better and better!
    Hope I didn't sound too preachy... good luck!

Comment

Re: Numbness

Thanks. I also smoke. I am cutting back some on hard liqour. I see my doctor on Thursday for my Depo shot. I went in on Thursday but this was before the tips of my fingers were feeling this way. It was more serious with my legs. Maybe not the tingling so much but the numbness. I'm trying diet pills to make me thinner. The phycholost said I may expierence more severe effects from alcohol than someone of a normal weight who's alcoholic. Either way, it's dangerous but I just can't stop. A part of me wants to stop but a part of me dosen't. Geeze I wish I was a real vampire. I'd be dead but alive and I wouldn't have to worry about drinking or such.

Comment

Just a thought..

but maybe DIET PILLS aren't exactly what you need...
        I think maybe it's time you figured out if you want to get better or not. If you do, you've come to the right place, but you might need more help than this board can give you. We have been a start... now if you can, take your concerns to a "higher authority". We are all very concerned about your problems, but you need to assume them and get some professional help.
        Do you think you can at this point?

Comment

Working...
        X