Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headaches!

Dr. Garcia,

I am currently taking 200mg and at my 5 and 1/2 week on the program. As soon as I increased from 100mg to 200mg I noticed I started having headaches that would come and go. I have been at 200mg for about a wk. now. I like the 200mg stage better than the 100mg stage in terms of the cravings (i have none at this stage), however I can't take these headaches. What do you suggest? Should I go back down to 100mg to be safe? Or can I possibly take 150mg?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Headaches!

Far be it from me to offer advice, but did you spend a week at 150 mg? That was a huge titration jump if not.

Jen

Comment

Headaches!

Hi, RJ here.

Sorry, I neglected to post yesterday that Dr. Garcia would be unavailable as she's travelling until October 26. She may be able to get back to you then.

As Jen alluded to, the recommended titration rate between week four, five and six is 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg respectively. Titrating up too quickly may cause harsh side effects. We always urge patients to follow the advice of their physicians, so I don't know if yours pushed you up faster for some reason. Most adopt the same recommendations published by Bankole, et al in the Lancet; originated in the Physician's Desk Reference 2000 Edition, and that I included in My Way Out.

RJ

Comment

Headaches!

Hi RJ and Jen,

Thanks for responding! I went to see my doctor today about the headaches and he agreed that perhaps the 200mg was too much for me. We agreed to go back to 100mg and see how it goes from there. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again.

nj

Comment

Working...
        X