just sayin hi-how ive been doin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys. well, i wanted to have 30 days af, but made excuses and drank some wine on thanksgiving. then went another week without drinking, and went out to eat last night ( friday) and had two coronas. i looove the way it feels to moderate, and not drink heavily, but so far its been easy on me bc my bf has stopped drinking so we havent gone out to bars. but either way, moderation is amazing if its possible. but i dont know how long this will keep up for myself. i know one thing, after this time where i hardly drank, i dont think about it, i dont feel i have to have it, etc. it feels very good. and it also feels good to have two beers if i happen to go out to eat and want to have a drink ya know? if you can moderate, its aweosme. i doubt i will be able to, bc i am the worst with "stopping once i start", but right now its working. mostly bc of the boyfriend not drinking, and im always with him!
    good luck guys. ill update.

Me - wanted to acknowledge you! It is great isn't it....I only have a sort of wine cordial - an inch in the botom topped right up with fizzy water...but the feeling that 'me'n booze' can sit at the same table with neither having the other around teh neck is great.... I feel very lucky...and yet, yes, I want to respect that luck big time and not abuse the 'honour'!!

Good luck to you....hang in there with just that and enjoy the 'sensible-ness'!!!

Love FMS x
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hey Me,
      You sound like you are doing a mighty fine job of moderating at the moment.....
      I do know firsthand how much easier it is to abstain if your partner is doing it with you.
      Wishing you luck for your continued success.
      x
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
      X