Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campral

Dr
    I have been using the campral in cinjunction with AA and a pchycologist for 3 weeks. Can I have a glass of wine with out getting sick? Do I continue my regularly scheduled doses of 2 pills 3x's a day if I do have a glass. My goal is for moderation if possible.

Thank you

campral

Campral

Kathleen,
    Obviously I'm not Dr. Garcia but just wanted to tell you something : Campral has been used in France for awhile now and back a few years ago my ex used it (I didn't realize it until the other day when I got MY prescription and saw the name and the packaging). But he didn't keep off the booze and got back to his old pattern relatively quickly. From what I read, the Campral loses its effectiveness if you drink, which isn't the case with the topamax. So be careful, if you do drink, because the campral will not be effective as it is when you're not drinking.
    I'm on campral and I believe that the combination of campral or topamax, together with everything else : supplements, exercise and hypnosis, will really help keeping your cravings at bay so that you don't pick up that first drink. If you can resist, go for it! You'll only feel better and better, and much more in control.
    That's my two-cent's worth.. hope it helps a bit.

Comment

campral

Re: Campral

Hi, Kathleen.

Campral is used to support abstinence. I encourage your work with a structured program but your medication is not indicated for people who are drinking. Please review the more detailed information in the research links on the My Way Out site.

Thanks and keep up the good work with your doctor and AA.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
      X