help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

im new on this site i been drinking heaverly for about 2 years i wont to quit alcohol so i can feel happy again i was wodering how long do u start to feel benifits from quiting alcohol

thanks

help please

Hi Sparky,

Welcome! Glad you are here. I am sure you will receive posts shortly on how long it took others to feel some positive results.

In the meantime, order the book, try the hypno cds, and stay with us.

Dx
    * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

help please

Hi Sparky and welcome!

What I can tell you is that the program really works. It works for some to the point that they are able to quit drinking completely in a short time, and others find a way to get it under control whereas they never were able to do so in the past. This no magic pill, so we all respond differently, but I can tell you that you will 100% find positive results at some level. Some make great progress and then fall on their face... but they get up again and move forward. There is no shame here. Just honesty and support.

I encourage you to do the whole program, and not pick certain aspects and leave out others. All elements work together for a combined benefit. I hope you find all the help, encouragement and support that you need. Let us know how it is going!

All the best!
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

help please

On day 1 sparky because you are proud of the accomplishment!

all the best to you. make sure to read the research section of the site. lots of good info.

Comment

help please

Saprky, each hour that passsed that I didn't drink but normally would have, I was proud.

Comment

help please

Hi Ya Sparky77 not sure how much you drink but if heavily then 3-5 days detox and then WAM clear head, clear eyes, no shakes, no sweats, increased self esteem etc then be careful because you may feel so good that the booze demon says, ?go on have one, just one? and then its back to square one.
            :welcome:

Comment

help please

the next morning, easily

I have found that if I have a dry afternoon/evening, I'd get a sense of panic as bedtime approached - falling asleep sober has been a problem for me since I was about 8. But boy-howdy, did I feel GREAT(!!) the next morning.

And then I'd remember to buy a fresh bottle for that evening, unfortunately.

But, I started feeling noticeably better within 12-18 hours.

Comment

help please

i feel like I will never get control of this.

Comment

help please

Pipper,

We all go through that feeling.

Just keep trying. One Day at a Time (ODAT) and every time you get through an entire day is such a good feeling.

Yes, when we slip it is very discouraging and emotionally sad but just pick back up and go again.

Eventually, days start piling up, you get your mind around the reality that you can do it and you feel better sober.

You can do it. If I can, anyone can. I am a hardcore, drink until there is no more to drink or passed out alcoholic, daily.

Today I am sober and much happier. Thank God for the people on this site who have been there to help me. We will all be there for you, too.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

help please

Pipper-You CAN do it. Don't let that part of your brain take over that tells you you can't; that is just a small part of you, and you are so much more than that; we all are.
                    I am on day 20. Day 5 and 10 was a bitch, but I can say that after that, I have felt fantastic. My problem has always been that I turn into a raging, bitchy lunatic when I do not drink---which is really because I DO drink. I woke up this morning and said, "Oh my God, I don't feel like a bitch today!!!" Before I was a drunken idiot, people always told me I was such a patient, loving person. I really want that person back, and you need to want you back too in order for this to work for you. What do you WANT?
                    Goal 1: Today
                    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

help please

The problem is I feel like a bore when I'm sober. Mr. Voddy entices my wild side to let rip. But I know I can accomplish more sober and reach the height of my adventures if I refuse to let Voddy in. He's good at conning and I didn't have the insight to see this before. MWO's helping. The advice and similar stories are opening my eyes more now than ever before.
                      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

help please

Elizabeth,
                        I too shared your thought that I was a "bore" when I was sober. You see, when drunk, I was able to communicate more effectively. You know, lost inhibition and was able to tell people what was "really" on my mind. Problem was, the next day, I couldn't remember what I said, and worse, who I said it too. The feeling of not knowing who I was in good standing with on those "next" days was incredibly haunting. But yes, without alcohol, I was such a bore. And dancing... well let me tell you, with alcohol, I could rock anyones world, or so I thought until I saw a video tape of myself. I didn't dance while drinking anymore, that should tell you the extent of my embarrassment of letting my wild side rip. (Hence, the nickname DiscoBunnie, kindly dubbed to me by my relentless family).

Yes, alcohol is extremely cunning and has a demonic way of giving us false courage. The key word there is "false".

I wish to share with you, that today is my 30 AF day. It was not easy by any means and in the begining days, there was not one day that went by that I didn't think of drinking.... I had many internal battles with that "demon alcohol". I had to keep repeating in my mind how horrible I would feel the next day after drinking, I had to reinvision the look in my childrens eyes when they would know that I was drinking, the embarrassment of smelling of alcohol, staggering to the bathroom, and the disgust of looking at myself in the mirror...

In the past, I have lost many battles with "Al" but I am winning the War. I do not get cocky by any means as I know how cunning alcohol can be. I can tell you that I feel absolutely great! I go out to dinner and drink iced tea (passion fruit iced tea) while my company drinks a glass of wine. I do not feel like a bore at all!! I keep an intelligent and entertaining conversation and the best part is that I can remember the conversation for days! I do dance on occassion (though I must admit, I have taken salsa lessons) I am slowly relinquishing the "discobunnie" thing.

I do take a multitude of vitamins, though I have not tried the kudzu or any of the other supplements, but I plan on getting them soon. I am slowly implementing exercise into my daily routine and I work on my spiritual growth on a daily basis. I come to this site at least every other day. There is much support and encouragement to be found here.

I'm not sure if I stayed with the thread here Elizabeth, what I wish to say to you, is don't let alcohol con you into believing anything other than what you know it to be. You face the same demons we have faced in one form or another. You are a beautiful person just because you are "you". Never lose site of that. I can tell you are an adventurous being just from your post and with that, your accomplishments will be endless!!

For me, Abstinence is my answer and the best advice I have received from these posts, is "don't take that first sip, don't take that first sip, DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST SIP!!" It is often my mantra.

I wish you a great and positive journey and look forward to your next post. I'll be praying for you.

Mary
                        aka "disco"

Comment

help please

Mary, Congratulations on your 30 AF days...that's quite an accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself....hey, I'm even proud of you!!!

Comment

help please

Sparky,
                            The answer is 24 hours ! Then you need to get help. AA can give you a start. Best whishes, IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                            X