Glaucoma concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glaucoma concern

Again...getting ready to start...my doctor gave me the Topomax, but her main concern is Glaucoma...she had one patient that had a complication with her vision and had to stop taking it right away. She said if I have pain behind my eye/s go to the E.R. immediately. What % of people have had serious eye problems?

Glaucoma concern

Within a day or so at 25mg I developed pain. Saw my eye doc and learned my pressure from normal to high normal within about 5 days. I stopped immediately and contunue, with success, on kudzu. Ive mentioned before, my dosage of kudzu is 1800mg 3x daily. Also L-glut (powder, 5mg) 2-3X times.

Comment

Glaucoma concern

Glaucoma

Thank you for the response, that is a bit scary. Where do you purchase your Kudzu and what brand? Same question on the powder.

Comment

Glaucoma concern

Re: Glaucoma

MS:

kudzu
        www.viableherbalsolutions...s/s859.htm

Dr. Garcia may wish to comment on this. Gluacoma often presents for some time WITHOUT symptons which is why its important to get annual checkups. I don't know if the Topa problem always manifest with pain - if not- it may be prudent to get periodic checks of your eye pressure.

Personnaly I am paranoid because I have high myopia and am at risk for detached retinas so I am always super cautious with anything to do with my e

Comment

Glaucoma concern

Re: Glaucoma

Dear M2BuckChuck,

No exact numbers on glaucoma and Topamax. An earlier study indicated 115 cases had been reported to FDA, World Health organization and others. The first presenting symptoms were typically blurring of vision. It is reversible if recognized early and the drug discontinued. To review an abstract of the study mentioned above search the web for "topiramate associated acute bilateral secondary angle closure glaucoma" and you should find a PubMed resource with more detail.

Have you had a yearly eye exam yet? This may help you and your provider to feel more comfortable. The eye pressure check is easy and painless.

GNC is fine. Best Wishes.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
          X