Subliminal CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subliminal CD

Does the subliminal CD lose efficacy if one listens to it, say, 1/2 hour AM and the rest PM? Or is the whole hour at one time best?

Subliminal CD

Hi.

No, according to the hypnotherapist, the one hour of listening per day can be broken up into segments without loss of effectiveness.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Subliminal CD

hypno CD reaction?

I have some questions about the CD's too. I posted on another topic, but this one seems more appropriate.

I tried both the track one and two of the Clearing CD's last night. I do not feel they went well. As I tried to relax and let my arms and legs feel heavy as instructed, my arms and hands began having the weirdest sensation. They weren't really tingling like they were asleep but more like a very deep ache in the muscles and all the way to the bones. It was so uncomfortable I HAD to change positions more than 20 times during the hour. I had taken my evening supplements about an hour before I started, including the only calms forte that I take each day.

Questions:
      Is it OK to move body parts during the session?
      If I feel super uncomfortable, is it OK to "jump ship" in the middle of a session or should I persevere and hope it gets better?
      Does any one have any suggestions to help me?
      Should I stay with the Clearing CD's before moving on the the next step and hope I can relax? It seems the "foundation" is set in the Clearing step so I am hesitant to move on to the next step until I have been successful with the first step.

Also, has anyone else had headaches (especially after my lunch dose) from the vitamins/supplements? I am not on Topamax yet, so I know its not that.

I am REALLY looking forward to this experience. I love new challenges, especially when I have the proper tools AND a way to seek out answers and support!

Takecharge (I CAN take charge of my drinking...and smoking...and my life!) I hope...

Comment

Subliminal CD

Re: hypno CD reaction?

Hi Takingcharge-- a couple of thoughts.

I find that sometimes, a few minutes into the session, my arms are so relaxed that they actually go to sleep. I sometimes have to move them just to get the feeling to come back into them.

As for whether you should stay with the Clearing CD before moving on: my sense is that the best way to do this is to relax and just not have any particular expectations. Sometimes when I do it I feel like I've reached some magical realm where everything is soothing and soft and comfortable, and I'm really into the whole thing. Other times I feel like I'm just lying there listening. And other times I fall asleep. The really important stuff happens when you're least aware of it -- when your conscious mind is distracted by things like water running over and through you, your unconscious mind is supposed to be doing the rest, without your knowing it at all. So I guess what I'm saying is don't put too much pressure on yourself with it. Just go with the flow & see what happens.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Subliminal CD

Belated answer for takecharge

Hi, RJ here. So sorry, I dropped the ball on this one. I told Dr. Garcia I'd follow up with James Schmelter, the hypnotherapist, which I did, but then neglected to post the answer in her forum. She and I both felt it was best to ask James directly about this. Apologies for the delay...here's how he responded to your question:

"It is OK to move body parts during the session. Then return to a relaxed state. While entering hypnosis one becomes aware of the stress stored in the body. This is probably what you feel. Focus on the stress leaving.

Persevere and stay with the Clearing CD before moving on to the Hypnotic. You can go ahead with the subliminal and sleep learning. It will get better to your significant benefit."

That from James via RJ

(Thanks for picking it up for us, Mike.)

Comment

Subliminal CD

Re: Belated answer for takecharge

I agree with Mike. Approach each session with no expectations, a point that James makes as well. Let it flow and just be in the moment.

A very apt piece of advice from the Zen tradition:

"In the beginner's mind there are more possibilities, but in the expert's there are few."

-----Roshi Shunryu Suzuki (1905-1971)

Try and keep beginners mind.

R.

Comment

Working...
            X