Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax at 25mg

Hi Doctor Garcia

I am almost three weeks into the program and having incredible success. I haven't wanted to drink at all and only had a couple of beers within the first few days of being on topamax. I have chosen abstinenance for myself as I have had over 30 years of a very bad binge drinking problem and honestly, I really don't like the taste of alcohol at all.

My question is that, after discussion with my doctor I have decided to hold my dosage of Topamax at 25mg a day for a while. As I have no desire at all to drink and am feeling truly fantastic (a little tired sometimes) I figured that I had no need to increase the dosage. I am doing the hypnotic tapes and also using vitamin and amino acid (especially L Glutamine) supplements. Unfortunately I am still waiting on my order for Kudzu (ordered over two weeks ago now).

What do you think about keeping the dosage as it is now ?

Regards
    Misha io

Topamax at 25mg

Hi Misha io.

If your craving is controlled at 25mg of Topamax, I think it would be fine to wait for the Kudzu. That will certainly decrease further desire to drink. Also make sure you have the hypno CDs and positive affirmations going full blast. The hypno is a powerful tool that enables people to alter the way they perceive and process events. It's easy and there's no risk of fuzzy thinking as you may find with the Topa. One of my patients decided to make Chardonay taste like Aqua Velva shaving lotion in her hypno program and the suggestion was very effective.

I strongly encourage the hypno to be a big part of everyone's program, as it provides very focused attention to the midbrain and behavior.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X