Stubborn me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stubborn me

Many of you arer recommeding a docc or hospitgal visitg. Boothe woulc be very wissse,e I know. Pllease understand, though, that I will not go tto eitther.l Periodd. i will agaain call my psychiatrist in thhe morningg to see iff he'd be willing to give me someethtig eelse, but that is as far as it will ggoo in contacting a professional. I'm sorry;. I rreallize it's stu[pid on my part, but I guess this is soemthing I wiwl just have to bee stupid abouot. I can andd will get through thhese next fourr or ffive days on my own. I't's rougher thhan hell, yes,, and I know it doesnt' have to be, but it's my chooosing.. I'm sorry for b eing so obbstinate.

Stubborn me

Bless your hear, Pink!

Please just promise you will keep in touch here. Are you drinking at all, or just trying to tough it out? Do you have any supplements at all?

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Stubborn me

Hi pink,
      As you are well aware, we are all just very concerned for you. However, each of us has to tackle this in our own way.........if consulting another doc is not for you, then so be it........we all must respect each other`s decisions. At the end of the day, you would obviously seek medical help if you really aren`t coping with the withdrawal or become very ill.

I wish you well with this,
      Starlight Impress x

Comment

Stubborn me

hi pink, if you are still drinking little bits to cope, you will just stay in that stage of detox, it may take a while longer to get over the really horrible symptoms.

please be good to yourself.
        peace and light
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Stubborn me

meditation mama;236795 wrote: Bless your hear, Pink!

Please just promise you will keep in touch here. Are you drinking at all, or just trying to tough it out? Do you have any supplements at all?

MM
          I have at least a ffew suppleeemeentts:

multivitamin pack
          extra b complex
          c
          glutamine
          tyrosine
          milk thistle
          tryptophan
          melatonin
          inositol (in the form of lecithin--blecchh)

Someone else suggested:

GABA
          freeform amino acids
          valerian
          niacinimide

I'm trying tto find thosoe on vitacost.ocm right now. I can't fforr thtee liffe of me findd thhe frereform amino acides.

I also orderedd the nutritional pack from the site. It should be here tomroorrw.

Thank you for not slappin ng my hand about noto going to another doc or the hospital..

Comment

Stubborn me

A confession: I am agoraphobic. It takeks two pints of vodka to get me out the dooor. Even more to make a phone call. Sso I cconsisdder suffering wweithtdraweal a helluva lot eassier than trying to ffind another doc oro go to the hospital. Even the thougght off those makes me want to turn to the bottle...

Comment

Stubborn me

Good for getting the supplements. Just keep taking them and make sure you are eating right, OK... As far as the Amino Acids, you can find them on this site. Are you still drinking, or cutting down?

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Stubborn me

meditation mama;236834 wrote: Good for getting the supplements. Just keep taking them and make sure you are eating right, OK... As far as the Amino Acids, you can find them on this site. Are you still drinking, or cutting down?

MM
                So far I have hadd one swig (I promise that's all, really) for--let's see, I jusust toook todaays, I hadd one yesterdday, and one the day befforee. I really do swwear that's all I've had--and they aren't guzzles they are relatively small swigs. Can I blame today's on the factt that I have to talk to my mother within the hour. She talks to me likke a baby when she tghinks I've been drinking andd evee when she knows I'm working on gettiign sober!

Comment

Stubborn me

Hi Pink,

Calling your psychiatrist is a wonderful idea!

Please tell him what's going on and ask for help. Be honest with him and tell him what you want.

Thanks for checking in.

Don't go away, you're one of us now!

magic xx
                  ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                  I am in the next seat.
                  My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Stubborn me

Yep, stay close to us and lean on us for support. We will be here when you need us, any time of the day. The first few days are the roughest, without a doubt. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.

Comment

Stubborn me

hi pink i am soo lucky that i didn,t suffer to badly from withdrawls ,,i did have a few panic attacks ,sleepless nights that kkind of thing ,,,,was wongering if the reason you do not want to visit a professional is because of your agrophobia if so can you not get someone to visit you ,,,i was also lucky in the respect that i got some house visits and they were of great help,,,,,,only a suggestion anyway look after yourself and keep checking in

maryt xx

Comment

Stubborn me

Hey PPP,

Have been there with the agoraphobia - it's a bad thing. Are you on psychiatric medications? They may be interacting (well they would be really) with the drinking and making things worse for you? Take care.

Cashy
                        xx
                        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Stubborn me

please stay and check in

Hi Pinkpeppercorns, I understand why going to docs cannot work for you right now. The valerian and melatonin will help you sleep, so watch your caffeine intake, maybe none right now, okay? Let your counselor know what you are going through... once the drink is out of your system things won't seem so bad, there is a way out, and you have to do it your own way, I understand that, but keep going,okay?? :l :h We're here for you!!
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                          X