Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 2 and Day 4 AF: and my sister just really made me mad. I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually made 4 AF days last week, a record for me. But the urge to drink really kicks in when I am angry, and now I so want to go buy a botttle of wine! Help!

Don't do it! Keep focused on your goals. Don't let your sister break you down. I know how it can be. My sister really picks at my spine and in the past my being upset would lead to drinking too.

Keep your eye on the prize. Stay strong and be a bigger person and not let this ruin your AF days!!!

Comment

Oh and :welcome:

Comment

Hi Bluegirl-

That was one of my big revelations this past week - that a tiff with a family member, even a minor one - is perhaps my BIGGEST drinking trigger. Don't do it. Don't give the situation that kind of power or control over you. NOT worth it! You'll feel crappy about it after.
        You're doing FANTASTIC. Hang in there - the urge will pass. Kepp posting til it does!
        And welcome from me too-
        wonder

Comment

Thanks to all of you! I DID NOT drink, instead I called my husband and mother and vented. Then I watched a movie. I am still a little shaky in the morning, but not as bad as day 1. I really appreciate your support as I am very new to abstinence after 10 years of heavy drinking.

Comment

great job! buckle

Comment

Working...
            X