Elliptical trainer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elliptical trainer??

Hi - I'm thinking seriously about getting myself an elliptical trainer. Do any of you have advice on choosing, or can recommend (or warn against) a particular model? I would like to keep the cost below $400.
    Thanks
    Signed,
    Desperately in Need of Exercise
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Elliptical trainer??

Hello M O W,
    I have an orbitrek eliptical and LOVE IT !!!!!!!
    I did buy it second hand for 120.00 and new they are about 250 or so I think... Only warning against this eliptical I can think of is that when the tension belt wore out, I had to have Mennonites make a new one. I do not know if you can get replacement parts for this eliptical very easily...
    Also, I found that while using it I was going downhill sort of and killing the tips of my toes on the foot guard... Hubby made me a wooden 5 inch high block that it rest on now so that I'm working out on level ground... My advice for you is to google, get testimonials from consumers etc... Is there an eliptical out there that doesn't have a tension belt, but rather a magnetic driven tensioner I wonder...Like my new recombent bike doesn't have a belt like my old stationary bike, but rather it is magnetically adjustable... I wish you happy shopping for this wonderful piece of excercise equipment... You won't be disappointed with it.. It really targets all our "girl" parts if you know what I mean... giggle !! giggle !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

have you searched on Craigs list? I have found so many things on that site sometimes free.
      pretty amazing
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I have an eliptical by Horizon Fitness. I think they are more expensive though, don't remember cuz hubby bought it. I'm finally trying to get some use out of it!
        Marcie

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I'd love to get one also. I'm hoping to find a used one around here.
          I was asking for one for Christmas till I priced them...They're not cheap!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Do you folks have local classified in your area ? There is likely somebody out there that has an eliptical collecting dust in the corner because they lost the inclination to use it...
            I found mine this way... A young girl had it stuffed into the corner of her small apartment. A family member had bought it for her and she just didn't use it atall...
            Good Luck !!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I looked on Craig's LIst the other day. The only one listed in my county was being sold for $999!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!
              I'lll keep looking.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I found a used one for $500 on Craigs list.. still pretty high for me.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Ouch !!! That is soo darn expensive !!! Here in Canada, we have a Canadian Tire that carries 4 or 5 different types... Running from 200-400.. I goofed around on all of them and seriously loved the motion of the cheapest one.. 200.00.
                  Do you ladies have a sports equipment store that carries elipticals ( often referred to as cross-trainers) Maybe you can find one that is decently priced and set up a deferred payment plan... Set aside x amount of dollars per month to pay it off in the time alloted... Where there is a will there HAS to be a way !!! Best of Luck Guys !!!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Hubby got me one!!

I have a brand spankin' new eliptical!!! Hubby got me one for Christmas! We found one today on sale for $195! New!
                    I just got home from work & spent 1/2 an hour on it.
                    It's awsome! Nice & quite... doesn't bother my knee, (which has no ACL) It's like I can run again! I haven't done that in years!:H
                    I'm SOOO psyched! inkele:

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Congrats SJ!!
                      I saw one on Amazon for $94. hmmmm. I think I'll go to a sports store like Niblet said.

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

MOW, we got it at Wal mart of all places! But it seemed like it was much better quality than the ones @ the sports equip store we checked out.
                        It's an "Image" brand. I guess they're going to discontinue selling it there, so they have them priced lower.
                        I'm really happy with it. It's nice & quiet...smooth, like a Cadillac!:H

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

I would definately check them out before you buy one. We were in a diff store first, and both of the elipticals they had cost more but were very crickety & loud! Maybe they weren't assembled properly... but they sucked! Plus they were twice the price I paid for mine!

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Wow Jude that is an incredible price. Keep me posted on what benefits you notice from using one. I have never been on one but I hear they are a really good workout.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Elliptical trainer??

Lushy, they are great. I worked out on one when I was in physical therapy last year. Best of all it's much better for your knees than a treadmill.
                              Thanks SJ - I just got a Cmas bonus from my boss... just might have to get myself a present!!

Comment

Working...
                              X