Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral and Naltrexone

Dear Dr Garcia,
    I started the program about 3 weeks ago and am doing well. The only part I haven't initiated is the Topamax. I tend to get fuzzy headed and have a hard time finding words to begin with and it sounds like the topamax might just make those problems worse. This would make my work life very challenging.

I've been researching campral and naltrexone online and the studies I've read seem to indicate only about a 10% improvement in relapse prevention over placebo.

I was wondering if you have had any luck using these meds for those who can't tolerate the Topamax side effects.

Campral and Naltrexone

Hi.

I have used the Naltrexone on several occasions but note that it tends to lose its effectiveness rather quickly.

Most people on the 25mg dose of Topamax don't get fuzzy headed. Why not push the hypno CD's and Kudzu and keep the Topamax low. If you note some mental confusion, add "real" green tea (I recommend gun powder and jasmine real leaf brew) and see if you notice an improvement.

If you are still fuzzy, break the Topa tablet in half (12.5 mg) or change to sprinkles (15 mg.) and see how that works. Kudzu and hypno may be all that you need to keep the craving in check.

Also don't forget the L-glutamine instant anti craving trick--- break open a 1,000 mg. capsule and let it dissolve on your tongue. It stops craving and makes alcohol taste absolutely disgusting.

Hope this helps.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X