Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss

I am interested in another benefit of the program of weight loss with the use of topamax. What has been the experience?

Weight Loss

Hi and thanks for your interest in the My Way Out program.

Roberta mentioned something in regard to this earlier and I agree with her note. I especially feel that since the satiety (the "I'm full" center) is in this area of the brain, that's where the medication works. People get hungry, hopefully eat a balanced meal--I often recommend the "Eat Right 4 Your Type Diet ", with info available at www.dadamo.com--and they subsequently fill up quickly.

If you are not a mindless eater, such as those who eat while reading or watching TV, or consume what I refer to as "death food" (trans hydrogenated fats, high fructose corn syrup products, or highly processed "whites" such as white flour, white pasta, white rice and sugar, etc.) you should be able to more easily respond to the "I'm full" effect of the Topamax and push your plate away.

Also drink lots of water, but not too much with meals, as it will dilute the digestive enzymes, which also help you know when to stop eating.

---Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X