Bummed Out Sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummed Out Sort of

I ordered the CD's yesterday, bought the supplements and saw with my internist this morning. I explained the program to her, but when I asked her to prescribe the topiramate, she declined, citing that her malpractice insurance has instructed her not to prescribe off-label. I have always believed her to be open minded and forward thinking, and I understand her position, but now I don't know where to get the prescription. I like working with her and she is willing to work with me if I self medicate. I had some blood work done to compare last year to this year and as a snapshot of my current readings before beginning the program.

Any thoughts on how I might aquire the prescriptions?

Bummed Out Sort of

Thank you for your interest in the My Way Out program! It sounds like you have a good relationship with your doctor. I would look at the other medications as discussed on the research forum (acamprosate and Naltrexone) which are currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of alcoholism. She may be willing to prescribe these and used together they can be highly effective.

Good luck and continue to work the rest of the program while you sort out this small piece.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X