Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed

Dr. I am recently divorced and I am extremely depressed because of all the empty time I have on my hands & the limited exposure I now have to my little girl. While going through treatment awhile back (02') I asked the question "Why am I always thirsty?" They brushed it off on the fact that I must have high metabolism because I am slim. And 10 years ago I went to an M.D. with the same question & they tested me for diabetes, the results were negative & their response was the same "high metabolism".

I have a hard time believing that drinking 2, 3 or even 4 gallons of liquid each day is healthy. Is this the kind of thirst you are talking about controlling? I honestly believe that if I can get a handle on that warm feeling in my stomach that I am always trying cool down. I can then get a handle on the alcoholism which would then allow me the confidence to succeed at the depression medicine I need to take to get life back on track.

I plan to see a MD again next week to address this question and ask questions about your program. However, I feel my concerns will be brushed off again and the answer from the MD will be the same as the psychiatrist. The only way is another 28 day program which will crush me financially. And I don't see how that will help with the depression if I lose everything.

Do you have any suggestions on how to approach the MD on this and your process?

Help needed

Thank you for your interest in the My Way Out program. I think you are approaching your medical situation and doctor correctly. Obtain as much information as possible (see the research section on the web site) and ask specifically to have your disease of problem drinking treated with the current therapy. The June 13 issue of Newsweek has an excellent article about this very same topic so you may wish to bring a copy with you to your appointment. I hope this helps.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X