Klonopin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klonopin

I spoke with my doctor a few weeks ago about Topo and this program. My drinking had been 2-5 drinks at night, similar to many others here I think. Due to what's going on in my life and my medical history - multiple periods of clinical depression - he suggested that I keep a record of my drinking for a month and take Wellbutrin for the depression and Klonopin. I think he felt it would help sort out "chicken and egg" with the depression and alcohol.

The Klonopin dose prescribed is one 0.5 mg in the evening when I get home from work and one 0.5 mg before bed. I think the intention was to help my insomnia - I had no trouble falling asleep but I was waking every night between 1-3 am and couldn't get back to sleep - and also to relieve stress/anxiety.

The wellbutrin is great. It has helped me immensely in the past and is doing so now. I am concerned of the Klonopin. I read on the internet that it is highly addictive and I don't want to exchange drinking for a Klonopin addiction. In the first week, I took a 1/2 dose (one 0.5mg pill) for a few nights. It didn't help with the insomnia so I stopped. However, either the wellbutrin or the rest of this program has cured my insomnia.

Recently I've stopped drinking at all and have taken 0.5 mg a few evenings/nights to help me relax or fall asleep. What is your opinion on the Klonopin and me using it in this way?

Klonopin

Thank you for your interest in the My Way Out program. It sounds like you are using the supplements listed. Are you using the Calms Forte as directed to help you relax? Also moderate aerobic exercise 4-6 hours before bedtime will help regulate the return of normal sleep cycles as the alcohol craving receptors get tuned down. I agree with your concern that you do not wish to create another "problem" with a second drug. I think exercise and the hypno tapes should eventually help to normalize the sleep pattern. Please stay in touch.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X