Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

I?ve been reading for a few months and would like to try the program. I probably considered more of a binger, I can?t stop once I get going, tho I seem to be drinking more during the week too. Saw just now that you were in newsweek and I read it?but I am wondered if I could just go in for a prescripton for the medicine and then try all the other things if it doesn?t seem to be working as good as I?d like. thanks

Question

Hello. You could certainly try that, but it?s not necessarily what I would recommend for my own patients, who I treat very much like those who suffer with diabetes, coronary heart disease and other medical conditions. I find a more integrative approach in which medication is augmented with other important strategies, including those which promote significant changes to behavior, diet, and nutrition are critical to successfully treating this disease.

No one really knows how and when the upregulated receptors in the brain become downregulated, and that's really at the heart of this craving. It?s also at the heart of addressing the relapse risk. So the maximum number of receptors must be controlled and we believe that is most successfully accomplished when treated more comprehensively.

We have to remember that this disease does not go away. This program can?t make that happen--frankly, no program can do that. But we do believe with this new therapeutic approach we are better able to hold the craving in check.

Thanks for your question and good luck to you in whatever course you choose.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X