What the HECK?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the HECK?!

So I go to my second session at the health club with the entirely to fit gf I work with. I'm early 'cause she forgot something at work. So I get on a machine I aint been on. It's kind of one that you walk up and down on pedals, pumping and your arms go back and forth. So I'm doing this besides all the people of all types shape and after nearly 3 minutes Denise comes in. She says, "No, No, keep going".

R U OUT OF YOUR MIND! I get off the dang thing and my legs are like spaghetti!!! and we aint talking uncooked spaghetti, have you ever tried to look cool while your knees are going out from under u as you walk! Can't be done!

I don't know if this exercise stuff is for me, I did okay on all the weird equipment, with Denise's help. Put your legs together against this, Pull your legs out against this, put this over your head, do the hokey pokey....I don't know, I feel WAY out of my element!

I got on the treadmill and did 20 minutes no sweat. God bless that machine! The only one I know how to run, tho even it has more buttons than a space ship!

Then the crazy woman says, let's go Sunday morning...7 am. EXCUSE ME, I aint getting up that early to go torture myself on my day off.

anyway, that's my update, Joe's all excited, yeah! He aint going!

What the HECK?!

That sounds like an elliptical trainer (see other thread). Yes, when I first used one I quickly grew to DESPISE that metal beast. My physical therapist made me do it 20 minutes 5 days a week, while he stood there making sure I kept up the pace, and every day he increased the difficulty. GGGGGRRRRR.
    But by the end of my 6 week program in PT it got easier. If I had kept at it since then I'd probably be one foxy babe by now.

7am sunday morning?? no way no how!! I hate to say it, but your friend is kinda freaky. :-)
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

What the HECK?!

You just need a little time to adapt hart, that`s all.

As for first thing Sunday morn, well, let`s just say rather you than me!!! :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

What the HECK?!

I think if I go on that machine much the only thing I will accomplish is those around me strengthening their stomach muscles from laughing so hard! I don't know about this.

Comment

What the HECK?!

hart. I hate that machine too. and I am in good shape. I can swim, run. lift weights do yoga and pilates, but refuse to use that thing.
          and 7 am sunday is for sleeping.
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

What the HECK?!

Thank you Trixie!!!!!:thanks:

Comment

What the HECK?!

thanks for the chuckle!

Comment

What the HECK?!

Hart, that's awesome that you are giving the gym a go! as they others have said it takes
                time and that darn elliptical is a bear for me too.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

What the HECK?!

the damn elliptical is in my house and it is haunting me.
                  Marcie

Comment

What the HECK?!

Mem.......I'll look for an EXCORCISEIST....damn I'm funny.......:H

Comment

What the HECK?!

hahahahaahahahah....
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

What the HECK?!

hart;241459 wrote: Mem.......I'll look for an EXCORCISEIST....damn I'm funny.......:H
                        You are frigging hilarious Hart!
                        Marcie

Comment

What the HECK?!

LOL!

I must say Ahen you haven't used your body in a certain way it's hard to make it do certain things. I bought one of those step things for an aerobics workout.I have a dvd workout and start following along. Waht I found hard was the coordination that it took to do this. I tried each day for a week and finally got the hang of it. I also have other workout dvd's that I will go through but they to will take practise. The use of brain memory, coordination, energy and so forth makes it interesting and very rewarding when I actually get it sdown and can do it all.

Comment

What the HECK?!

The only thing I'd be doing at 7am on Sunday morning is taking an axe to the elliptical machine so that no one else has to suffer like you have!

Geeze, some people really know how to take things too far! lol
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                            X