Day 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10

Good morning....and yes Dierdre, moving back to absville and I have to admit, while I was on vacation, I didn't guilt and I didn't go overboard as I would have in the past...so this is wonderful! Started working on another web venture, some writing and am finishing up my law test for this week...Sometimes, the synergy of life just comes together and one trip, stumble, vacation or detour places you exactly where you need to be to learn something critical to your success.

I'll be adding dl-phenylalanine to my amino regimen because my research showed that it's used for emotional healing as well as other things. I've created a quick chart overview of some of our more primary nutrients and their activities and uses at www.wrapmeslim.com/funsobriety.htm

I also put an overview with more links on the GD board.

Let's go flying!!! Thanks all.:

Day 10

Good Morning Absville!

Off we go, Day 10!

Thanks, CV, for getting us started this morning! And welcome back to Absville!

Me, I got in too late last night to post for this morning so I'll come back with a "proper" post later! In the meantime:

"Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans."
    Betty Talmadge

:h
    susan

Comment

Day 10

'Morning Stainers,

Day 9 in July already...Day 34 out of 35 total here.

CV and Nancy... NO guilt! Drinking is what we know so ... yeah, "slips" are gonna happen! There's an endless supply of "*ss bags" laying around here, if ya need one, k? I'm really proud of the progress you've both made to date. You should be too!

And CV? Getting right back to your program? DAING girl! Atta way to "get er done"!

Is Nancy still here? I'd best go back and read some posts huh?

Hugs to all ...

HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER MONDAY Y'ALL!

Comment

Day 10

Hi Flyers!! No pun intended!!!

Someone said..."we are all angels with only one wing.....we have to work together to be able to fly"!!
        I'm so happy that I have all of you to help me when my ONLY wing is broken!:d

Brand new week!!!

Susan, I hope you feel better today. Headache gone?

Cv , thanks for the continued input on the amino acids. I need to find a good local health food store! Nearest ones are about 50-70 miles away! How do you find a health care professional that doesn't "throw" drugs at every little (or big) thing? Of course if I eat from my garden and drink my deep well water , should be one step ahead! Lots of fresh air and sunshine here also.

I'm reading "Life is short-Wear you party pants"!

It says to "Bless this stress , it helps me see that I'm a mess"!

Ok...plan for today:
        Clean up from weekend
        Move the 15 quarts of veggie soup to shelves
        Take 5 gallon bucket of excess cucumbers to sister-in-law
        Visit 90 year old aunt
        Wash the dog...in 'clean" water...not pond water!
        Read my book
        take a bath
        listen to cds
        What stress?.....not any here!

Blessings to all flyers today!
        :h Nancy & Belle

Comment

Day 10

Hey Jane,
          I'm here...just posting the same time you were!

Thanks for the info on the a__ bag....... Don't need it this week!! Gonna stay busy!

:h :d Nancy

Comment

Day 10

ABS-solutely great break by the beach. We used to drink ALOT but this time around we didn't. I must admit I'm finding the topa a bit of a slog. I've been abs for 8 weeks using my own supps but the meds only arrived a week and a half ago.

The proper supps are going great and the weight has slid off but since the topa, now at 5omg, I have been so irritable and cranky. I snap and feel my temper bursting inside. I am going to try to exercise more - you know, increase the dopamine and seratonin. Has anyone else experienced this and will it ease like most other side effects seem to after the first two or three weeks?

Comment

Day 10

Hi,

Just checking in. Today's turning out to be very busy, but it's a good thing! Hope everyone has a great day!

Laura
              :P

Comment

Day 10

Hi everyone,
                I found you all 1 week and 1 day ago. Have not seen the book or the cd's yet. Been off the sauce since Monday last. Yesterday went to a Soccer "Afterglow" party. Had a French/Italian potluck. I did decide to have 2 glasses of white wine watered down with Perrier. I stretched these over 5 hours and am not the worst for it today. So, I guess I have to go back to day one. Cannot really post on Abs. or can I?
                Just having another good day, rain and all. Thanks for all your posts and support.
                Lori

Comment

Day 10

Hello all!
                  I've been reading on and off, but haven't posted in a bit. Today is day 4 of abs for me(also day 4 of tx). It's going ok, I'm really tired all the time, I guess just something to get used to. I like the idea of cleaning and uncluttering my house and my life as well. I'll try to do whatever I have the energy to do.

Sounds like everyone is doing great here!

your long lost friend,
                  Marcie

Comment

Day 10

Lori, you can definitely post on abs. I dropped my abs during a visit from my son and future daughter-in-law and was starting at 1, but many of the great folks here recommended just moving forward and keeping an abs /alcohol free diary to see your progress, whether you slip short of your initial goal or not. If you want to read some of the great posts, just read through day 7, 8, 9 to see the responses.:d

Comment

Day 10

Hey Marcie! Great to read ya again... 4 days? WAY KEWEL!

Lori... Yup yup yup to what CV said. I keep track of my abs days by simply putting smiley faces on my calendar... So far I've got 34 smiley faces out of 35 full days (not counting today yet).

Not to get TOO complicated but I use one of those calendars with the big boxes you can write in... Along with my smiley faces, I also write down the CDs I listened to and what excersize I did in a day. Gawd knows I can't keep it all in this leaky brain of mine... So by using the calendar and one of those 7 day/4 slot pill organizers, my MWO kinda keeps track of itself...

Comment

Day 10

Happy Abs Day all,

Welcome back Marcie, so glad you're doing OK. We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers for both of your illnesses.:d

Lori S. Part of the reason so many of us here are AA dropouts is because of the "going back to day 1" philosophy. Kinda makes you feel worse than ya already do |I I speak from five years experience there.:b Hang your head high and enjoy this process you're going through.

Jane has a great strategy. It's similar to mine which is to say I have 46/48 AF days so far. Even though those two drunk days were pretty depressing, It took alot less out of me than when I had to confess publicly what I had done.

Which brings me to another thought. When I first came to the MWO boards I wasn't sure it would be as effective as face to face meetings might be. I could lie through my teeth here and no one would know any different :evil . BUT if the problem lies within ME, then so does the solution. I can decieve everyone in the process of recovery but myself. THAT realization; that no one can help or hurt my recovery but me; is changing my life. Accountbility is still very important to me, but humiliating myself in front of others is just not necessary anymore.

MAN do I love this place!

Lori

Comment

Day 10

Checking in to say I am still with you. It is looking like a very busy week, not sure how much time I will have but I will be checking in when I can. The diary is such a good idea, I really need to get to that.

Welcome back Marcy! Good luck with that cleaning. It is a good feeling to see things without all the clutter. Very therapeutic, but be sure you are feeling up to it.

Now back to re-taping drywall in the garage. It is hot and I am doing one strip at a time and then taking a break. While it isn't exactly aerobic, I am counting it as my exercise for the day.

Comment

Day 10

Hi Lori K.
                            Thanks for your reply. I am glad I don't have to grovel back to day one. My 2 glasses of wine on Sunday were a calculated risk I took. I had to see if I would fall right back into the old "go drown yourself" routine. So far, so good. I have always been told that one is either an alcoholic or a recovering alcoholic, one could never be a mod ever again. I think there are a lot of people here who could disprove this theory. But for the time being I would just like to tiptoe through the tulips lightly and not get ahead of myself. So for now, Absville looks like a good location for me. Thanks all for your continued support.
                            Lori S.

Comment

Day 10

Day 10!

Hi Gang,

Day 10 is here! An excellent milestone everyone!

Here's a real question and concern I have (would appreciate any and all feedback).

I'm at day 20 and my initial goals are 30 and then 40 days. I intend to keep all alcohol out of my home cause that's where I liked to drink every night. I like to think that someday I will be able to enjoy a glass of wine or two when we go out to dinner or to a friends house. Total abstinence forever feels like a bleak forever.

Will I be able to enjoy that glass or two down the road without my wacky brain chemistry kicking in and starting my destruction all over again. I feel like that I could have an infrequent glass of wine with dinner down the road. Is that realistic or is that the little Devil on my shoulder whispering to me?

I'd really like to know what you think.

P.S. I'm doing everything in the MWO program except none of the prescription drugs. Trying to rewire my brain naturally without the topa. So far so good taking it one day at a time.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X