Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 9!

Good Morning, Absville!

Well, it's a bright sunny early morning here in Vermont.... the birds are chirping their little hearts out and everywhere flowers are blooming and corn is growing...I REALLY don't want to go back to NYC this evening... But why am I even thinking about it...I've got a whole lovely day to enjoy! And already I'm anticipating its end......:

This afternoon: the World Cup Final!! What more could I wish for: soccer AND the Green Mountains of Vermont! And sun! And birds! And flowers! What a day! Gotta push New York City back where it belongs: later!

Everybody is doing great! And I DO mean EVERYONE! Like you, Peggy, I'm proud of all of us! Wherever your personal plane is right now--we're all on the SAME FLIGHT!

Donna, looking at those old journals can be SO painful--but more importantly, a reminder of how far we've come and our hopes for the future...speaking of which, how's the camping planning coming along?!!

Matt, sending that bottle of wine off with your guests was awesome...it reminds us all that we don't have to make this any harder than it is. Good intentions don't help us as much as removing temptations!

And thanks, Laura--one problem at a time! It sounds so simple (sort of) but it's a really powerful lesson we all need to learn...one thing at a time, one foot in front of the other....

Jane, hope your adventure is continuing...yep, being sober is a real eye-opener! Kris, none of this "only 8 days" stuff! Guess it's 9 today, anyway! And lluf, two weeks! Well, I guess that's two weeks PLUS a day now, aint it! Great going!

Pansy, all that cleaning! I've almost given up cleaning in NYC--it's a totally futile task! I hate futile! 69 days today? You go, girl!

Deirde, thanks for reminding us that this journey we're all on is indeed challenging but so REWARDING! Yep, I'm enjoying my reward today...clear eyes to see with and a clear brain to think with!

CV and Nancy, you remind us that we're all human, which means even if we fall we are given the opportunity to get back up...:d

And, dear Judie--you're always welcome to stop in and visit anytime!

Have a wonderful day, y'all!
    :h
    susan

"Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.' "

The Talmud

Day 9!

Day 9

Hmmm...don't know why this dropped down the page...no one seems to have posted on day 8 since last night...

okay, bumping it back up to the top..
    best, susan

Comment

Day 9!

morning!

Hi everyone - just checking in. I must confess, I went out with some friends last night and had 2 beers. I'm still ok with it, b/c it's the first time in a while I have been hanging out in a pub, playing pool, etc and really just had a drink b/c I liked the taste (not b/c I like to drink). It's back to Absville for me though (no sense in getting cocky). :hat

Well, I hope everyone enjoys their day. I'm going to garden for a bit to enjoy this BEAUTIFUL day in DC, then head out to watch the world cup with friends.

Laura
      :P

Comment

Day 9!

Two threads going for July 9.

Hi Friends,

There are 2 message boards going for today July 9. Before replying to this thread you may want to go to the other thread titled "people pleasing", read those posts and reply there.

Just trying to help the chat.

Matt

Comment

Day 9!

Re: Two threads going for July 9.

Thanks Matt, Susan and Pansy.
          Had to get up early and drive to NC this am cause I have the animal watch this week, but it will be quiet. Still not back on my abs but I've made plans to start that tomorrow. I just really wanted to do that full 30 no sugar, no alcohol, etc...Anyway, my son's fiance wants to do a 30 Master Cleanse so I told her I would join her and start Tuesday. I'll start abs before that. Thanks for all of the understanding and support. Just getting ready to get my plane in the air again and I have all of my supps with me and no one should be around the cabin, so as long as work emails don't stress me, the first few days should go really smoothly.:d

Comment

Day 9!

Hi Guys,
            Weekends are when I work. So its harder for me to post. I get caught up sometimes in general disc. I do read here tho. Susan thanks for the posts they are good ones. : ) Peg...glad you are doin so well. (has that guy called you? Shhhhh, Deirdre.....look over there.....there's the ghost)
            Nancy....Oh well on your slip. With all that stuff there....it was bound to happen. Now its over with, ya got it out of the way, like it practically had to be done. Matt is right too. And good job for you Matt by the way! Laura, I love and live by that cliche too. Good one!
            Kris....keep up the good work. And Jane....I know you are probably cleaning your mirror gettin ready for tomorrows show. I'll be there. Donna...arent you camping?
            I know Im missin people. Is wellseasoned here? And Deirdre, I dont think that was a ghost...Maybe just one of my eyelashes fallin or somethin. Anyway....I gotta go to work. It anyone has time give Gracefulem an welcome on general disc. She is new and feelin blue. Man...I have those days too.
            Love ya all .
            If I didnt mention your name its cuz of the topa. lol I still wuv u. Oh and CV....I sent you a e-message. Gabby

Comment

Day 9!

Susan,

I really love that quote from the Talmud. Quite exquisite.

Today is Day 9 and things in abs land are going well. Went to a double birthday party last night and my family seems quite fine with my not drinking. However, despite the alcoholism and eating disorders percolating through my family, they all agreed that I looked great and then pretty much forced me to eat cake:lol Well, guess I am grateful that these two birthdays fall on one day!

More getting things organized today ... most of the hard stuff is done. Then tomorrow off to clean someone else's mess - good thing I like to clean!

Anyway, have a good Sunday all
              :P

Pansy

Comment

Day 9!

Hey stainers,

Day 33 out of 34 here and this non drinking thing is just starting to feel a little bit more like a lifestyle rather than a daily challenge.

Gonna try a "real" post later, but gotta ton of yard work waiting right now...

Hugs to all

HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER SUNDAY Y'ALL!

Comment

Day 9!

Hey Abs Folks!
                  Just a quick check in to see how everyone's doing--sounds like a good Sunday in Absville...

For some reason my day has gone completely downhill--I've got a splitting headache, feel nauseous and it's almost time to drive the 4 1/2 hours back to New York...wonder if there's any connection there...8o

AND the World Cup match was sort of depressing...not a great day really...although I'm sure Italians all over the world are celebrating! I'll try to be happy for them....:x

Hope everyone's day is going well...keep checkin' in regardless!

Okay, I'm off...time to rev up the Corolla and hit the road...:rolleyes

Luv ya's--
                  susan

Comment

Day 9!

Ok now I know why all those white boys were running through the streets yelling & waving Italian flags. At first I thought it might be their lame answer to the Puerto Rican Day parade, & I thought awwwwwww how sweet, but not quite cuttin it guys! :b I hope you're not too bummed Susan. Were you rooting for the other team? France I think? Coming back to NY uh, yeah, that could be cause for a headache! Just being here is a headache >: I love the imagery of all those angels crowded around all those blades of grass. I think I stopped listening to mine for a while, but now we are back in communication. Anyway, great message/quote! Hope you made it home safe.

What ghost Gabby? Eyelashes falling? Are you ok??? :eek :lol

Yeah, Cynthia I agree. 18 days is a great start! And guilt will do more harm than good. Looks like you've made a lot of progress, good that you're using it as a learning experience, i.e. gathering information. I hope you and Nancy are back on the road to Absville today, where the view is gorgeous!

Well, I had a tough day today... NOT. Went up to the roof & got some sun, went to the hf store for fresh green juice, then capped it off with a massage. Now I'm sharing my Deadwood time with y'all, which is fine, cuz I can't watch certain parts like when one guy snatches another guy's eyeball out of his head... yuuuuuuuuuck. Alma is getting high again too... uh-oh!

As much as I love my new AF life, not a day goes by that I don't ponder what it would be like to drink. I think the main reasons I've been able to stick with the program is that I continue to move in the direction "I" choose - I keep following the energy that enhances life, meaning toward health. fitness, beauty, truth. I've been blessed to be able to stay pretty focussed on the big picture, which for me, can not be good if alcohol is involved. The glimmers of drinking that come at me can't compare to the pull that my real life has on me now.

I hope that doesn't sound overly confident, I do know how thin the line still is. I think we have ALL been doing a great job of outsmarting our own brains, and moving in the direction WE choose.

Congrats to everyone!

Deirdre

Comment

Day 9!

Busy day - I have decided to join those of you who are cleaning and decluttering. I think progress was made, but as with all steps forward, the house is a mess and it is hard to see the outcome. It was a tough weekend for abs, just when I thought it was getting easier. Guess I just have to hang in there.

Comment

Day 9!

Hi everyone,
                        Good to see nearly everyone still posting.
                        Just checking in for Day 9 (actually Day 10 here in Aus)
                        Day 29 abs for me.
                        GS

Comment

Working...
                        X