Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

This is a call out for help.. if you are in Edinburgh, please pm me?
    My niece has just been diagnosed with TB and is in hospital there.. so I am hoping someone might give me advice on how to get a present to her for Christmas.. she will be stuck there for a while.. I am freaking out and don't know what to do!
    Even an address for a florist or somewhere I could order her in a fruit basket??
    Oh god what a mess. Does anyone know about tuberculosis and whether it is treatable now days? Any ideas.. anything at all??

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Hey Fickle,

I don't know anything about Edinburgh, but I do know that they are pretty good at treating TB these days, unless it is some sort of super-strain, which is usually not the case.

Good luck with getting something to her, and of course, prayers for her speedy healing.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Thank you Kathy,
      Your post has helped me to calm down.
      Have just realised it is about 1am in Scotland.. so will have to wait a while till they wake up there!
      Love

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

sorry.. am just bumping this back up so that somebody will see it when they wake up!!

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle - oh, scary for you when you are so far away....TB is manageable nowdays. I am sure the docs have her in good hands.

Right..... flowers = Flowers from Interflora - the Gift Experts - UK Florist
          flowers uk - flower delivery by Flowers Direct UK - Buy Flowers Online

fruit = Send Fruit Basket - GOGO Fruitbaskets - GOGOfruitbasket UK - Delivered Fruit Gift Basket Fruitbaskets
          Gifts Flowers Chocolates Fruits Hampers Wine Delivery Europe

These seem to be based in Edinburgh = Florists Delivery Edinburgh | Flowers Edinburgh | Florists Edinburgh - 25k
          Buy Flowers & Gifts from your local florist in Edinburgh, IN - 21k

Good luck, Fickle....and lots of love to you and your neice. I am sure the Scottish contingent will be along soon - it's 9am here now. Hope you aren't asleep now! (Although I hope you are if you're meant to be - not fretting and tossing and turning!)

Love FMS xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Oh Thank you FMS!!!
            Am on it right away!
            Love

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle, hope you don't mind but i've copied this into general in the hope that more people will see it ........

Good Luck, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle,

Just sending you :h and :l .

Praying for your niece's speedy recovery, too.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Tuberculosis Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention on eMedicineHealth.com

fickle, the above is an article on TB.

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle, take care and since your niece is in the hospital it sounds like she is getting the treatment she needs. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle, am glad to see FMS has kindly found you gift sites.

Praying for your niece`s speedy recovery.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Thank you FMS, BB, 2DB, Cuckoo & Starlight.. thankyou all for the very kind thoughts and helpful sites. Have stopped freaking out as have received very cheerful email from her. it is wierd that they have diagnosed TB but are now letting her have visitors.. she just has to take a lot of pills. So it must be that these days they have things under control... and it is not as terrible as it once was thank goodness!
                        Love
                        xoxoxox

Comment

Help! Edinburgh? TB?

Fickle - that's great.....no, it's not the terrible disease it once was.....I am sure she'll be ok... Get those grapes peeled!!! Hope one company came up trumps for you...tricky time of year!!

FMS xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                          X