X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas at the INN

Our tree is decked out in the Lobby

Here are some of the ornaments donated by our MWO friends

Attached files [img]/converted_files/15109=2609-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/15109=2603-attachment.jpg[/img]

Christmas at the INN

Merry Christmas Innmates.....thanks for starting the thread, Rob :h

Hope everyone is having a lovely, peaceful, joyful time

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Christmas at the INN

For those at the Inn who are frollicked out, you're welcome to sit by the fire with some hot chocolate and quiet conversation.

We'll want to keep our voices low as our special guest had a very busy, though AF night --

Comment

Christmas at the INN

Merry Christmas All....I hope everyone is starting to wind down and relax now that the day is almost over...

Whew.....

Comment

Christmas at the INN

Hi Guys,
          Christmas was pretty nice. I spent it with my neighbors family. I thought maybe I'd get a phone call or a card wishing me a merry christmas and thanking me for the presents I left for my mom,sis and her kids but no such luck. Oh well, guess she plans on holding on to her grudge right on through to the new year. Hope it serves her well. That's nice for them you know? They are all together down there, one big happy family and I am here up north spending Christmas on my own, but thats ok. I didn't drink over it nor do I plan to. It certainly isn't the worst that's happened to me in my life and unfortunately probably not the worst that ever will.
          On the 4th of January I will celebrate 120 days AF. I am going to meeting occasionally...once a week and even got a sponsor(who I only called once..ooops afraid I'm not very good at that calling thing.) I guess that's why I didn't jump into asking for a sponsor right away. Also wasn't sure I really wanted to commit to the AA thing again. My neighbors daughter has an ex-husband living with her who is a bad alcoholic and he has diecided that he is interested in me again. We had a brief fling about 5 years ago back in my drinking days. She has been seeing this guy from work and he is really jealous so he decided that if she's going after him then he's going after me. Well let me tell you, I am totally NOT interested in the least. After me telling him that he couldn't live with me he went around talking trash about me to people. And after I had given him a place to stay, fed him, bought his booze and not to mention well...I won't mention it. So he shows up at my house last week in the middle of the night because, my neighbor said he thought he could get a piece of ass out of me to get back at his wife for seeing this dude. Can you freaking believe his nerve? The alcohol is really affecting his memory big time, he's barking up the wrong damned tree. Thank God he wasn't at the Christmas party today because he decided to stay home and drink instead of do the holiday thing with the family. Isn't that nice? Booze wins out over his 4 year old grandson, his 2 daughters and 2 sons, and the rest of his family and friends. His oldest son was really upset and disgusted!!! His mom said not to be upset just to understand that that's the way he is.
          I guess every family affected by alcohol is dysfunctional and screwed up in one way or another. It really is eye opening and keeps it green about staying on the AF track for good!!!
          Well, I rambled on long enough for not having been here for awhile and not really knowing what's been going on with everyone. Hope things have been ok. Wishing you all A merrry Christmas, Happy Holiday or whatever Holiday you may happen to be celebrating this time of the year.
          Talk to you all later

Comment

Christmas at the INN

Inspirational quote from Christian D. Larson

I just read something I wanted to share...

I promise myself to be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
            To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person that I meet.
            To make all of my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
            To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true. To think of only the best and to expect only the best.
            To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own. To forget about the past and to press on to greater achievements of the future.
            To wear a Cheerful expression at all times and give a smile toevery living creature I meet.
            To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
            To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
            To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
            To live in faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.:h

Comment

Christmas at the INN

Indigo, It sounds as if your Christmas was a mixed bag. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed time and food with your neighbors.

Congratulations on nearing 120 days!! That's a huge accomplishment!

I hope that after things settle down after the holidays that your mom will come around.

It sounds as if your neighbors are an example of how alcoholism can ravage a family, I hope that you don't get caught in the fallout.

Thank you so much for adding the inspiraitonal post. These are great promises to make to ourselves.

Love and Peace
              Rob

Comment

Working...
              X