Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, December 28th, at the Inn

Hello my friends!

Hope you all had a great holiday, and managed it without slips, falls, or landslides - and you were able to enjoy Christmas and the days following in a sober fashion, whether
    AF or mods. Happy to report that mine was great, made me realize once again how blessed it is to have family, and be surrounded by their love. No family is perfect - not pretending that - but we need to look past all our imperfections, and cherish what we do have - and love our family memebers for their lovable qualities, and downplay their faults. Hope for each and every one of you, your family time was good, and uplifting.

Just a note to Finding My Self - you need to clear out some pm's, tried to pm you, but your mail box is full!

Off to bed, it's late here, hope each and every one of you is basking in the glow of a great Christmas experience. G'nite, or G'morning, depending on which part of this vast planet you are on! Love to all of you....
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Hi All -- I am hanging in there -- I had red wine with Christmas dinner but that has been it... I was the recipient of a cold I received from my 1 year old nephew -- ugh!!!!!!

Comment

Mostly AF

Good Morning InnFolk!

Glad to see the Inn guests are enjoying this special time of year. Hannah, you are so right about 'families' - I really hope everyone has people to enjoy - it can be challenging to feel alone at this time of year....and many do. Reach out, when you can.

After a few days with wine, I am doing AF days again. My 'plan' at this moment, is not to never have wine, but to have many many AF days in my life. I promise to keep my room tidy and my bed made here at the Inn, if I can continue my stay, although I may not be AF every single day. I think this is just realistic for me. The 43 AF days I just experienced were eye-opening and full of introspection - I learned a great deal about my habits, my weaknesses, my stresses, and a few strengths. I look forward to more long stretches because I now know I can do that...also, that it indeed is enjoyable.

I will have to stay real with myself, too, and make sure I don't let any moments with wine slide into too many days - the Drink Tracker is great for that. I also will get more familiar with the Mods threads, as I have stayed pretty much here at the Inn and not wandered much farther than these rooms and grounds. If I get out of hand, I will head right to the kitchen chores, so I don't distract any guests.

Thanks everyone for supporting me here - it has been invaluable for me to learn that I can live without 'everyday wine'.

Go2Goal
      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Good Morning INNmates!! Just a quick howdy before I'm off and running.

Hannah- Looks like you're still struggling with insomnia! I agree, this is a great time of year to really take a step back and really appreciate our families whatever their faults. Coincidently, I'm playing cards with three of my sisters this afternoon, which should be fun. We get very loud and laugh a lot.

Baby Girl- Great to see you!! Glad to hear you're doing well.

Everyone have a great day.

Love and Peace
        Rob

Comment

see what happens when you don't lock the door on the INN? LOL
          Aloha Friday INN-Critters!
          very nice post Hannah.
          I did some modding at Xmas and still felt ill. that's what prompted me to research wine allergies which is very interesting. Going for my first AF New Years party in a very long time...think my last one was 1999.

be well friends
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

We're off to a party tonight......I am really looking forward to it.....I'll be drinking soft drinks and feeling good

I have no desire to drink at the moment and I don't have any plans to drink in the future. I owe this entirely to the support and encouragement I've found with MWO......so thank you to everyone here :h I am very, very grateful.

Love

Suze x
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Aaawww, SUZE!!

Your post made my day. :l

Thank you and have a really fun sober evening.

Love you!!
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello all! No time to read .. just need a bit of a calming thought...please?! Crazy busy business meeting today for 6 hours and daughter/bf trouble and I am buzzinng horribly...shooting out to theatre right now...back later to talk more...miss you guys! Send soothing thoughts for me!!!!

Hope everyone's doing good - thinking of you...

I'll Find Me Again Later!!!!! xxx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Phew! WOT a day! Sooooooh tired....but just to say hellos....and Hannah, my subscribers' sub ran out today - STILL having trouble re-paying! It says it wont accept my payment as I am already a member............aaagh! So, of course, I've dropped down to the old 100 messages allowed (and I've got over 300! Too many to clear tonight!) And as it's 2am and I am totally dropping, I shall have to leave my 'I shall persist until I succeed' to tomorrow..... Sorry!! Lots of love to you....

And to everyone.....eeek I get back and you all disappear!! (lol!!)

See you Saturday! (today?!?!)

Love FMS zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Good Evening INNmates!!

G2G- We must have been posting at the same time as I missed your post completely. You are of course always welcome here. Your insights and wisdom have been invaluable to all of us from the day you joined.

Deter- Your room is just as you left it!! Wine allergies? Are people allergic to the ingredients such as grapes or peaches or the yeast produced during the fermentation process? Or is a bacilli produced in wine making? Either way your first AF New Years party should be intersting! Let us know what you think about being on the other side.

Suze- Hope you have fun at your party! By the way, you give every bit as much support as you get kiddo.

Cindi- Good to see you hope you're enjoying some down time at home.

Finding- Sending soothing thoughts your way.

See you all in the morning.

Love and Peace
                    Rob

Comment

Rob, I think its the sulphites in wine that makes my chest tighten and I feel sick...yucky. there are a bunch of chemicals in wine that many are allergic too...and just like myself don't realize it.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

FindingMySelf...you need to take a break dear!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Are you ok, Finding? Sounds like a bit of stress overload there......you may need chocolate therapy (hush my mouth)

Love

Suze x
                          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X