Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Ablanders!!

Where are you guys? It is dark, rainy and lonely down here in Alabama.

Hope all have a great day. I am enjoying the rain but glad the tornado stayed away from my place. I hope the other Alabamaians (sp?) are okay. (Nancy Belle?)

Enjoy the day and be happy to be sober.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Aloha Friday Aberoooos!

heya Deeby....we're coming! huff puff. XXXX
    glad you have weathered the weather!

fighting off this stomach bug still although feeling mostly better and eating again (important thing).

having a NY'rs eve party at the house and am trying to do it AF so getting psyched up for that.

still pretty sleepy here....I'll be back after Im awake

be well friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Hi Cindi, Deter, & tk & everyone to come: I'm doing great...had a great overnight w/the grandsons.

The other night we were out w/old friends. We were reminiscing about dinners we had together w/our group. One of the friends recalled a time I drank too much & had to go home to bed. She wasn't being malicious...just remembering something she thought was funny. I know that my friends saw me over-drinking, but I don't think they quite understood the extent of it. I know I hid it well. Even my husband knew something was wrong w/my drinking but never broached the subject w/me.

One of the most liberating things about MWO is that I'm completely honest here. I've never been this honest anywhere else. I might own up some day, & I might not. I feel that the one way I have to make indirect amends is by not drinking anymore. It's starting to feel normal, & my friends are starting to see me as the non-drinker. I still occasionally say that I feel a hot flash or a headache coming on (as an excuse for not drinking). But usually, when drinks are offered, I say: "I think I'll have a diet soda for now."

We're going to a friend/neighbor for New Year's Eve for a quiet dinner party. I know what I have to do to go through the evening AF. I'll plan & not let my guard down. But, again, it's starting to feel much more normal not to drink.

I hope all is well w/everyone. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Hi all...
        Retired Teacher, I have to tell you when I first started reading posts on here I gravitated to yours. You are an inspiration to me. Like you, I cannot find another place to be totally honest but here. And like you, my friends have always thought of me as funny and the life of the group, but have no idea the pain and guilt and battles I do privately.

I like the way you said make indirect amends by not drinking any more. I am quietly doing that. Have been AF for 3 weeks, and know with each social event, it is a challenge to me not to just have that glaas of wine. Had a dinner party and found gingerale looks just like chardonnay once the bubbles settle down. No one knew the difference, but I felt so good the next day.

It is still hard, but I am always happy to see what you write. And to all of you, you keep me going!!
        It's a brand new day!

Comment

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Honestly Peggy Sue, your post brought tears to my eyes. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

I also love Retteacher's posts!
            I will have to try the gingerale thing, sometimes it just feels more normal to hold a wineglass, maybe I will fill it with gingerale.
            I have also found that if you squeeze a lime into your soda at a party everyone thinks that is a mixed drink as well.
            Not that I mind looking like I am obviously not drinking, but at my age and stage in life (with two little ones) I have to that No, I am NOT pregnant again, just not drinking that evening or whatever........funny how everyone expects everyone else to be drinking.

I have a brother who does not drink and never has just because he does not like the taste of alcohol. Makes me wonder why we ever had to acquire a taste for it in the first place.......
            AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Friday - Dec 28, 2007

Love,
              You are so funny and right on about that pregnant thing. I knew my daughter in laws were pg when they did not drink. It is terrible that we all suspect that!! I've been drinking for a long time, and did when mine were little. I am proud of you for starting on this now. I should have done this 30 years ago!!
              It's a brand new day!

Comment

Working...
              X