Saturday, December 29th, at the Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I do start this thread two days in a row? Can't help it if I am a night owl!

Busy, busy day - got home yesterday from St. Albert/family gathering - great times - back to this condo that we are trying to sell - our realtor tells us that there is a woman coming any day now (we recognize this as being the carrot that dangles in front of the donkey) whose children have already scoped out our condo and are telling her this is "the place", but of course she would want to look at it herself....means the place must be spotless at all times in case today is "the day".....

So spent the day absolutely scouring this place from top to bottom, also started clearing junk out of closets, and begun the "sorting" - this to take - this to junk - etc. Our son moves on Jan 3rd, and is moving into a townhouse w garage, and we are moving out of a place w a garage into one w underground parking - So - he is getting a lot of bogus stuff from us!!!! (Lawnmower, industrial tool box, etc....) which is actually a help to us, because WTF (scuse me) would we do with it in an apartment style condo?

My parents, whom we told on Christmas Day that we were moving back into their "turf" were absolutely estatic - made my day - it had been really hard to keep this a secret from them the last few months - but the looks on their faces made it all worthwhile!!!!!!

So I will be 5 minutes from my sister, Wendy in one direction, and about 6 or 7 from my folks in the other. I haven't lived less than a 2 1/2 hour drive from them for 29 years - so this will be incredible - my sister lost her husband this October to cancer, and my parents are elderly - so it means a lot to me to be able to be close by now.

But enough about me - how are you all? It's been a little quiet around the Inn - as you all come back and check in again after the holiday, be sure to let us know how you are doing, won't you? Remember that our spa is open 24/7 for those of you who are feeling the stress that often comes along with the travelling, or even the being with family. We are glad to see you back, and your bed is turned down and lavender has been sprayed on the pillows.

Suze has provided us with an enormous assortment of her famous "Al bashing sticks", so please help yourself. If you have succummed to temptation over the holidays - well, tommorow is a new day. Soon, it will be a new year. Resolve now that it will be a year in which you will be strong, aned reenergized, and it will be a year of sobriety and health. It's all about you, and your determination.

I have set a resolution for myself that I am going to attempt a full year AF. Do I think I can do it? Dunno. But will try. I know with the support of all my friends here, I jsut may succeed.

Onwards and upwards! Wahoo!!!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Morning Hannah and all to come

Yes it is quiet here.....but I'm guessing we'll be full again after the New Year! New sticks will be available when you check back in.....these are very simple ones to counteract all the glitter and tinsel I put on the Christmas ones. Plain wood, lightly waxed (organic wax natch) and inscribed in simple lettering......' 2008/AF is great '.....pick one up and start bashing You Know Who!!

I loved your description of telling your folks you were 'coming home', Hannah. I felt a bit wobbly lipped, I can imagine how good it must feel for them (and you). Now.....will you sell that condo please? The suspense is killing me! :H

I did fine at the party last night...although I got a bit bored. I noticed how people who are drinking only talk about themselves and don't do the polite thing of also asking what you think too. I just smiled and let various folk spill their particular beans.....and felt just a bit sorry for them. No-one was roaring drunk, but no-one 'connected' with anyone else in a nice, human way......they all just blah-blahed. They are nice people, neighbours mostly, but I think the drinking made it all very dull for me....sipping my lukewarm sparkling water :bonkers: I'd rather have been at home!

I have yet another mother of a cold....started on Xmas Eve and is still horrible. I never had this many viruses when I was a drinker - must be some sort of detox surely? Has anyone else experienced this?

Looking forward to 2008......

Love

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Suze I have that same cold -- ugh... but at least we are at the Inn... I am miserable

Comment

Hannah hoping everything works out with your condo -- that is great news that you will live near family. I have a sister named Wendy too!

Comment

Aww....BG....sorry you're feeling down....any particular reason? Or maybe just the after-Christmas down?? I'm a bit over-stressed with family.....but at least with a stinking cold I can sneeze loudly at them and blow my nose in a really disgusting manner just as they are eating.....yeh - I am soooooooo horrible LOL :H

Hugs :hug:

Suze x
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Suze -- just the cold has me down. There is so much that I want to do but this cold has me stuck in bed...

Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for the 'soothing thoughts'! They got through! I am so sorry about the colds Babygirl and Suze.... Sounds a bit de-toxy to me....the Chinese medicine lot say they are really cleansing things - so here's to a shiny, squeaky clean 2008!!

Hannah - yup, suspense is doing me in too! But sooooooooooooooh glad about your family's reaction! (What else but what fun!)

The biz meeting yesterday was for an enterprise I saw in my local paper a year or so ago and told my cousin about....he's been working with the 'inventor' and there was a get together yesterday to see if it is really viable.....and cousin wanted me along to give some 'outsider's feedback'......no 'thanks' for the intro but there you go!!! No matter! (But outsider?!?!? It's my work as well!!)

I don't 'Do' bizz meetings - and 5.5 hours of it yesterday was - well, I was shaking inside! All those buzzing emotions and flying thoughts.....thank Dog I am together enough now to use my skills/work again to stay as centred and still as possible.....a year ago I would've been aching for a drink! (And then got hit by all the emotional flack at the meeting instead of avoiding it!) But it did take me all evening to 'come down again'!!! Your thoughts were lovely! Thanks!

Cousin gone home now and despite thinking he was a bit lovely (which he is but...) he is a very 'tricky dicky'!! Hard work and desperately intense (ultra clever - a 9 page CV sort of brilliant guy!) and I am enjoying catching up with you all now! Phew!

Back later! Batteriy going! Eeek!
              Love FMs xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Suze, interesting observation on drunk people acting selfishly....figures alcohol would lend it'self to another negative influence.

feeling better today...almost my version of 'normal'. everyone seems to be getting sick at the moment...yikes. Eat your garlic!!!

nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

:upset: I can't even taste the garlic with this bunged up nose, Det! :upset:

Wailing Suze x

Comment

oh Suze, that's the worst! when you are sick and can't taste...so sorry to hear that hon!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X