Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good book!

"EAT, PRAY, LOVE" by Elizabeth Gilbert.

**In her early thirties, Elizabeth Gilbert has everything a modern American woman was supposed to want - husband, country home, sucessful career - but instead of feeling happy and fufilled, she felt consumed by panic and confusion. This wise and rapturous book is the story of how she left behind all these outward marks of success, and of what she found in their place. Following a divorce and a crushing depression, Gilbeert set out to examine three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three diffenent cultures: pleasure in Italy, devotion in India, and on the Indonesian island of Bali, a balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence.**
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Really good book!

yes i absolutely love this book. and it was so beautifully done.
    :welcome:

Comment

Really good book!

Funny this book showed up here today, as I had already planned a trip over to B&N to buy it! I loved "A Year By the Sea"........felt a little sad when it was finished. Then I saw Elizabeth Gilbert on Oprah......and thought..Wow! Yes, have to go get this one!

Can't wait to dive into this delicious read this afternoon!

Carpe Diem, Everyone!
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Really good book!

I loved it too. Happy reading!

Comment

Really good book!

I"m in the middle of it. And this book has come to me at such the right time - somehow I know that Elizabeth's story is going to help me go through the changes that are at my doorstep.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Really good book!

Thumbs up for this book!

Comment

Really good book!

Just ordered it, must see what all the hubbub is about
              I had heard about it before but thought there was a lot about how great the food AND wine was in Italy, which I know from personal experience and did not want to particularly read about that LOL
              but i will give it a try anyway!
              AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Really good book!

Sounds like a really good read. I'll look for it.
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                X