Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, Dec 30 at the Inn

Good Morning InnFolk -

I just stopped by to wish all you InnGuests a Happy New Year and to say I am really impressed with all of you who have managed AF Holidays - that is truly something to absorb into your cores.

You will not see a post in the Shout Out from me, as I am in Modsville this week. But I will be back after all the hoopla. I learned enough from those 43 AF days that I look forward to any AF days I manage. When I start 'counting' again, it will be hard to start at "One" because I believe the first 43 AF day stint in over 13 years was a HUGE FIRST STEP I cannot, 'not count'.
    So my count may look like this: 50 days - 6 AF - lol. Pretty lame? What ever floats my boat, I guess.

I'll be back next Sunday because all of you at the Inn are the ones who have helped me the most.

Happy New Year! and How do you like my Party Hat?

Go2Goal
    "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

That's a very fine hat indeed, Go2......you look a real treat! :banana:

Count however you want....I think you know what will be helpful for you. I have stopped counting now....that's just where I am at the moment....don't want to focus on adding up days...just getting on with it Different strokes for different folks!

Your room will be all freshened up and waiting for you. Smoothies in the fridge, fresh flowers, good books to read and some home-made cake...yum yum! See you soon!

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

heya Inn-critters! wow, can hardly believe it's the 30th already.
      I'm not that up on counting these days either...just want to do well 98%+ of the time and I'll stay happy as can be.
      off to town to shop for NY's eve party supplies.
      be well.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi, my friendly INNMATES!

Well, I am back and going to snugggly tuck myself in. I have had a whirlwind of a past three months, can I tell you what!!!!!!!! Anyway, I am finally feeling ready to take on the BEAST again - full throtle! I was going to wait until the 1st, but I have not intention of going out on New Year's as I have to pick my daughter up at the airport at 6am on the 1st, and I will not see her with a hangover. I am home alone tonight and plan to entertain myself here at MYO. I have a bottle of wine half gone, and I plan to dump it's very expensive contents down the drain after this post. I don't need it.

I am also on a weight loss quest. As you know, I did this before, but with everything that has been going on I just didn't have it in me to continue. I am doing this for me now! I have sighend up for a food delivery service that will help me with the food part of my quest. I really don't have the time to plan and fix my meals for the day and make sure I do so in a calorie constricted way. I don't even have the time to shop consistently. So, I went for it. It is only $11 a day, that is what I spend anyway, and it is the program all the celebs are on.. (www.chefsdiet.com). My new year's present to myself! That and I have marked myself out so I don't start work until 11am so I can go to the gym. I am charged to do this now. It's amazing what a divorce will do to a gal! I guess I was more unhappy than I thought....

So, thank you for keepin' the light on, and my room ready for my return.

Namaste, my dear friends...

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

MM - good onya girl!! Wishing you a much better 2008!

And everyone here, too!

Just shouting HELLO really! Hopefully might find time to do an end-of-year-sort-of-shout ('hopefully might' meaning not presuming anyone should be interested!!) tomorrow/1st....WOT a year!! But you guys are so in my heart....thank you from the bottom of it.

Must say, a few days of Sven, pool-side, healthy food, R&R and that log fire sounds fabulous; it's been a bit hectic!!! And I have discovered I look as if I 'do' hectic (and I do and love it) but I get really tired and sort of over-stimulated.....this b***** aching and stiffness is back with a vengeance.....I'm going to call the doc in the morning....just want to make sure what it isn't if you know what I mean!!!

Hope everyone's got Suze's Fabulous Stix about themselves....let's enjoy the passing of 2007 into a bright shiny 2008 SOBER!!!! YEA!!!

Love'n hugs
          FMS xxxx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Good Evening INNmates!! Hope all is well with you!!

G2G- Can't wait to see what the new year will bring for you, you're always full of new perspectives and excitement! Love the Party Hat!

Suze- I knew we could count on you to come up with a new and sleeker line of sticks, probably much more aerodynamic for Al bashing.

Deter - Count, don't count its up to you, however, we do like to celebrate the 30 day mark, I'm just sayin.

MM- Back with a vengance, Wonderful news!! You have always been willing to give so much to others, I'm glad that you are finally able to be kind to yourself.

Finding- Always a treat to hear from you. You exemplify the Budist blessing/curse "May you live an interesting life"!

I was thinking that we should have a New Years celebration. I know a countdown wouldn't work because we are in so many different time zones. So how about posting our New Years wishes on a special thread tomorrow, maybe even put it up in the general discussion area?

Let me know what you think.

Love and Peace
            Rob
            Attached files [img]/converted_files/399326=3698-attachment.gif[/img]

Comment

Lovely idea, Rob! (The New Year thread!...)

Er....yup....interesting times indeed!! Survived middle daughter being sooooooh tired tonight it was...er...interesting!!!!! An 18 year old version of those toddler, "I'm NOT tired...!!!!!!" nights!!! And watched "Good Will Hunting" because we were,"Going to watch a movie as a family!!!" So, we, like, um, did as we were told!!!! And it was very good. Seen it before but not for ages.... (PS - edit!! I'm b**** horrible too when tired! Poor daughter - I'm not being that mean!!! Really!)

Hope everyone else is having a great day, evening, sleep!!

Love FMS xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I love the idea, Rob... just tell me where to be. I'll come down in my jammies, cuz I am not leaving the INN!!

Feeling so much better today about everything.

Big day working at the spa tomorrow, but I will be here tomorrow night. I"M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

xoxoxo

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
                X