New Years Eve at the INN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years Eve at the INN

Good Morning INNmates!! Wow, we're wrapping up another year! The older I get the faster they seem to go.

As expected, the morning news shows are doing the "year in review" thing this morning and many of the commercials are for weight loss products and exercise programs with a few quit smoking products thrown in.

I guess its only natural to reflect on the past year and to look forward to the next.

As far as resolutions go, Hannah's blew me away- A year AF, now there's committment!! MM's decision to focus on healing her body, mind and spirit is an ispiration.

As for myself, I'd like to bring order and serinty into the chaos that I've created during my years of drinking. This is very vague and hard to quantify. Part of it of course is clearing away a bunch of junk both physical and mental.

So how about the rest of the INNmates? Any big changes in your futures? Any insights about the past year?

I posted yestereday that I thought that a New Years celebration might be in order. I think we should have one here tomorrow but I would also like to post a thread in general with New Years wishes from the Inn. I'll get both going as early as possible. I've been slacking off on the graphics so, I'll be cranking that up again also, it just takes a little more time and patience than I've had lately.

See ya all later.
    Love and Peace
    Rob

New Years Eve at the INN

Thanks for starting us off Rob! :h

I have several good intentions for 2008, mainly to sort my health out in various areas (including staying AF ) and to get better at time management so that I don't keep running out of energy and 'go'. I want to move forward in my work as well as meet my commitments to family etc. Juggling it all around is draining me of energy and makes me bad tempered!

And I want to READ MORE.......the pile of books by my bed is about 20ft high (slight exaggeration for effect...).....it takes me months to get past chapter one of anything because I am so knackered by the time I get into bed LOL

Suze x

BABYGIRL......how is your cold???? :hug:
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Suze - I am with you.....our pile of books makes 40 ft high!! And time mangement.....wossat!!??!

And Rob, I am with you too - big time! Except the chaos was in my life at an early age - long before drinking and yet probably led to it in some way!!

So, I need to find out about time-management and less chaos in 2008. Although, to do that I have to get my energy levels up....there's something up and it's time to face it, ask clearly and fully and not back out just because I am 'making a fuss'. (And because it (a) might be something so trivial and non-medical (like candida - I think not) and therefore embarrassing, or (b) something really serious....(MS) which I just don't want to 'know'.)

Cos I realised at that mega business meeting (which was long but nothing to most there who do them every day/week at least) that I simply don't seem to be able to do things like that......I felt really ill after it and haven't recovered...and this is a repetitive reaction...

But just maybe it's because I spend all my days chasing around in crisis management..... and not settled and safe in any way.

So, if I can see (now) that it is imperative (and not just me being selfish) to get myself organised and settled, I might just have enough time and energy to actually work at what I love, and earn enough money to get off benefits (welfare) and 'act my age'!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble my thoughts into some sort of New Year resolution which I have been putting off!! I can see a bit of 'work' is needed on the paragraph above.....just how did I get to believing that I have no right to be all those things?!?!??! (And which led to drinking cos I was so unhappy!!! Sigh!)

You guys are just so special to me.....I hope you know how much progress you have helped me make/carried me through/pushed me gently into this year compared to all the 38 years of counselling I have had!....and just how grateful I am. There are no words...

So, here's to a fabulous 2008! (It sure feels good to type that number; every year has been much the 'bland' same, but this
      year.......! )

Love and hugs
      FMS xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

LOL- Suze!! Your resolutions sound just like you!! Looks like you want to fix everything and I'll bet you expect that you should have it done by Jan 8th!!

The reason that I know this is because its exactly the same approach I usually take. However, this time I'm going to break it down to smaller more managable portions and prioritize. This means making lists--Ughhh! Which I will do, as soon as I can dig down on my desk and find a pad and a pen!

Baby steps, always baby steps!!

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Hiya Rob, Suze, Finding et al!

Ah yes, resolution time! Well, you all know about the 1 year AF goal - actually trying to go forever, but figure if I can get one year in, the rest will follow! This actually ties in just with a resolution to take healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle more seriously.

And maybe a little stress management!!!!! The lady who we have been waiting to arrive in town to look at our condo viewed it this afternoon - now we are waiting on tenderhooks for a call from the realtor. We will be very, very disappointed if it is not good news!!!! But if it is good news, that will definitely take care of me stress, because that IS my major stress these days!!!! Moving in less than a month, so things have to start happening here! We have been going through closets, etc., in a really big way, because we are downsizing, and will not have a garage to store the "overflow"!!!! This is actually very theraputic, feels sort of cleansing to be getting down to the bare necessities and weeding out the "junk"!

I took my major step towards stress management when I quit my job - I recognized that the money wasn't worth it, and have not looked back.

Finding, I am glad you are going to go the doc and get a really good checkup. If there is something going on, it's best to know, although I hope it turns out to be nothing. :l I know I am definitely more creaky and achy than I was a few years ago, but unfortunately I think my only problem is getting older!

Slightly Suze, hope you do find the time to make a dent in that great big pile of books, mainly because that you will mean you are taking some "ME" time, which we all need to do from time to time.

Rob - Best wishes for you too, in your goals for 2008. We know you do a great job here at the Inn, and we are all extremely gratefull! :goodjob:

HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR'S, EVERYBODY!!!
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Evening All!! Finding You and I seem to have the gift of posting at the same time!

It looks like clearing up, cleaning out and making way seems to be a theme for the new year. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond today with a 50 dollar gift card burning a whole in my pocket, that lasted about a minute. I do so love the gadgets. I got a nice surprise at the check out turns out the gift card was for 75 dollars. Which was swell as I went way, way over budget!!

I'm pretty safe in a clothing or shoe store, but plop me down in a kitchenware or bookstore and its all over but the crying. No control whatsoever. If it weren't for libraries, I'd be in the poorhouse.

Finding- I hope you get your health issues cleared up. Were you having issues earlier with you adrenals or thyroid, seems to me I remember something about that.

Hannah- Keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your home sale, I know its got you stressed out.

We're watching a Twilight Zone marathon. I just happened to look up and recognized the episode, its titled "to serve man" anyone remember that one? Pure Rod Serling irony!!

Everyone have a great night, see you in the New Year

Love and Peace
            Rob

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Hi Rob and Fellow Innmates ... just hopping in to wish you all a safe, happy and sober New Year.

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Good New Year's Eve all Innmates,

I'm wishing all of you a happy healthy New Year. It is indeed different to be home and Af this New Year's Eve but I'm enjoying the tranquility of it.

For the New Year I'm hoping to be a bit more focused on doing what really matters to me. In that way I see being AF not as an end but more as the means to acheiving this end. Alcohol definately clutters my mind and thinking about alcohol and how much I should and shouldn't drink just takes up entirely too much space in my mind. Space that could and should be used on more important things.

I've digressed.......I wanted to wish you all my best for the New Year you all wish it to be. I look foward to being with you all in the New Year...learning and growing.....

Peace.

Janet

Comment

New Years Eve at the INN

Well, it's 2008 here.....(2am- eeek!) and it happened all AF.....as you know, I feel a bit of a Innfraud; I am a 'modder' - have the occasional half glass....but couldn't have got there without you guys. But I didn't want anything today and didn't...and thought about you guys as the rockets went up..... I feel so lucky (again)....thanks.

Here's a rocket I 'took' for you all!!

Hannah - eeek! Crossing everything I've got! Soooh close now!

Um, think I'd better get some sleep! See you in the morning!

Love FMS xx Attached files [img]/converted_files/400018=2914-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                  X