Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

Hi All,
    The subject of this book has come up in several threads as well as in chat. Many are reading this book now or have recently read it. I put out the idea that this might be a great book to begin our MWO Book Club and I have recieved numerous PM's to get it going........so.....here we go! I would love any input as to how to make our club more fun and more enriching.........private chat room at a specific time and day of the week? Of course, if the inspiration hits in between chats times, Post Away!

OK......now let's hear from those that expressed interest!

Happy, Safe, Sane and Sober New Year!!
    KateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

I'm in!!!
    I'm about half-way through the book. I realized I'm getting great benefit from it, for I"m being reminded that I used to be on a "spiritual journey" and it's about damn time I get back on that path.

I would LOVE to chat and share on this book!
    Thanks KateH.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

Great MWO!!! We are off and running......as soon as some of the other's check in we can figure out a day and time to chat about THE Book!! My spiritual journey is ever a work in progress!

Happy New Year!!
      KateH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

I just have to say I LOVED IT!
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

I'm in! I used one of my gift cards from Barnes and Noble, and got it on CD, I drive alot, and love to listen to audio books, I'll start it tomorrow. I also heard of a really good book, that has tons of great, and funny info in it...got 5 stars in People mag...OMG, brainfart, just as I started to type it, I can't remember the name of it! Ok, I'll go find the issue! A really funny book about a womans journey, she was so unorganized, etc., ended up in a banana suit selling bananas, going bananas...lol....
          "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

I'd love to read it....but we're a bit behind you here! It's published and gettable here but mainly on the web....not 'front-of-shop' yet!

Will catch up soon!!

Sounds lovely!

FMS xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

Finding, I've just got a copy dead cheap on Abebooks for ?3.50 +postage.....it's a brand new copy and arrived in 3 days!

Now just gotta find where to put it in the 6ft high stack of books next to the bed....

Suze x
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

I have been putting it off.. but I ordered it and it will arrive on Monday. Actually sounds like me now... I will start on Monday... so I'm in!!

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

Hey All,

This sounds like a lot of fun and who knows, we may all learn way more by discussing this. So, do you think that we should create a Private Book Club chat room on a specific night and time? Let me know what night and time is good for each of you and we will work through this!

I am really excited about this!
                  KateH

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

KateH...

I am going to quickly pipe up about the certain night thing because I only have one night that I am free and that is Thursday nights... so I thought I would throw that in.. Otherwise, it is difficult for me as I am now alone with DD and I don't like to be on the computer too much the nights Ihave her.

Are we going to start from the beginning together? I am not sure how it would work if someone has read the book? I haven't done this before. But I am excited!

MM
                    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

MM - I have finished the book and have wondered how we'd do this, with many of us at different places with it...
                      that said.... not sure how much I can even participate in this discussion (as much as I want to!!!!). I just came out of a 3 day personal evolution seminar, lots to process and work on from that course before the final two days at the end of the month, then have another different but related and advanced course in a week and a half... so anyway... I will probably just chime in here on this thread if there is discussion here. I'd love to be able to read about others' impressions and experiences of the book.
                      (omg, i'm rambling nonsense, aren't I? My brain is toast at the moment... such a week...)
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

EAT, PRAY, LOVE Bookclub

Funny this book came up!! I just got it and am half way through since I saw the author on Oprah. I know it is my hangup, (and only me), but as I read it I keep thinking, "wow if I made enough money to take off and live in Italy for a month, then an ashraw and then whatever happens after I read on".... wow, I could probably have a spiritual revelation too! But past that, I keep reading cause so many of the audience members said their lives were changed by this book. I will be interested to see what is posted here!
                        It's a brand new day!

Comment

Working...
                        X