Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in, too!! I have a treadmill in my living room now and I am going to get on it every day! I am determined to lose 25 pounds that have jumped on my body over the past few years. I think it was from the booze, but also being unhappy in my marriage, oh and just being lazy.. can't forget that part! Anyway, I want my body back!!!!!!

So, I'm in and accoutable!

What will the thread name be?

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

You name the thread mama! What shall we call it????? Let's all sleep on it!
      Good night friends......my alarm is set for 5:15....must have a cup of joe before cranking up the treadmill!! HA!

Comment

Suzanna;248352 wrote: Florabama?? Is that the panhandle? Where's that banjo on my knee, LOL!! It's gonna be cold here tonight too,I gotta go get my orchids. I am so excited to get going tomorrow, getting fit with you guys and gals! MOW I hope you get that elliptical together.
        Yes! The pandhandle! Have you never heard of the famous "Florabama?" Oh my goodness....too many " good times to mention!":band2:

Comment

USMgirl, If 40 is too old for a bikini...TOO DAMN BAD!:H
          I'm 47 and wore one all last summer! If they don't like it... they don't gotta' look!
          Although, I just wear it kayaking... not around a lot of people...LOL
          Then again, the Jet boats & Mail boats full of people go past all summer, with their cameras @ the ready for the scenery... wonder how many I've broken! LOL
          That's OK, Bungee's very photo-genic!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

St. Jude! Right on baby! Bring on the two-piece!!! I've just finished my first workout of the new year and feel great! I got up BEFORE alarm went off and couldn't wait to have my coffee and get started. I'm starting slow, with 35/min on treadmill and 20/min abs and stretching. It feels so good to make an effort at doing something healthy when I've done some much bad stuff to my body these past years.....I hope everyone has a great workout today! I'm off to work! :lol3:

Comment

Good Stuff Guys !!!

:baaah:
              Yahoooo What a group we have !!!!!!!!!!
              Jude you rock !! I'm 43 and all I ever wear is a string bikini !!! I'm with you on that !!! It kinda helps that during the hibernating months we also use our outside sauna and hot tub... So that bikini gets used year round
              Yesterday I set my little egg timer for 30 minutes.. What I do is alternate between my eliptical and recombent bike every 8 minutes or so until it " DINGS !!" and my personal trainer kitty flies out the door !!! :H She does slink back in just in time to lay beside me to do abdominals and then watches me do weights. ( I swear though I can read her mind, " You got 10 more in ya Bitch !! ) LOL " She is a really tough personal trainer kitty. Her name is Alley-Oop. I just love her.
              MOW, I'm gonna be so relieved for you when you get that damn part for your eliptical... Argggg !!!!!!!
              So folks, remember that it took us all along time to gain any of the weight that we now have, and the slower we lose it the odds are better it will stay off. Muscle burns fat, eat often to keep that metabolism going strong... Cut the saturated fats folks... Last snack 3 hours before bed so that it doesn't turn to fat and stay on our bellys. ... Get your water in.. Fiber is your friend. If you haven't already, .. exchange white bread for a 60% or 100% whole grain, exchange white pasta for whole wheat, white rice for brown... All these little life changes help you to get the vital fiber your body needs to cleanse itself. Sorry for the lecture....
              We gotta think of a good name for this Awesome thread !! We Rock !!
              :rockon: Sincerely, Your Workout Buddy,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Mornin' Sunshines!

I got on my treadmill and did 30 min. of intervals! My first day back on and it gave me so much energy. Why do I stop???? Anyway, I'm back in action!!

Have a wonderful day!

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Yahooo for you MM !!! Sounds like you're hooked Sunshine

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

hi all I started the year doing yoga with the intention of getting even more into the habit of going to the gym. last year I was going around 3 days a week and it really helped me from getting sad and self absorbed.

I am going to spend my bar money at yoga and will continue with the gym (swimming and running ) . It is amazing how much more positive I have been because of exercise.
                    I am hoping I can be of support here, but it's also nice to come here and report on my improvements.

yeah to a healthier ,stronger ,sexier us

You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I am in!! I have 30 lbs of wine belly to lose before April family Wedding. I have a rebounder thingy, treadmill and exercise ball at home and a club membership so no excuses !! I have lost 35 lbs 3 times!! LOL ...maybe this time it will stay off.
                      Thanks for starting this thread.
                      Any thoughts on Weight Watchers? I did that years ago after babies, but the thought of those meetings and the $ each time...kinda depressing....but I am a lifetime member ;-)
                      Good Luck all!!

Comment

Your all so positive...i just love it!!! so tomorrow morning is my first day back at the gym and thanks to you guys im actualy excited about it!

Im remembering how good it feels working out and getting rid of all the crap in my body....instead of dreading it im looking forward to it.

Thanks for this post...its really inspiring x

I may be half dead but shall report tomorrow on how much i managed to do!!!

Lou-Lou x x
                        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Hey Niblet, that is so funny about your kitty! :H
                          I have to put the baby gate up at the door when I do abs or stretch....my sweet little daschund thinks anytime I get down on the floor that it's just time to lick my face off!!!
                          :h He is my heart! But not too much help, I'm afraid! His name is Cooper by the way.

Comment

Hi all.... Great thread...:thanks: I have to say tho, all the talk about "bikini's" is making my heart beat faster than a session on the treadmill!! LOL....
                            Niblet GOOD advise on the healthy eating... and the water, about 2lt is reccomended.... Sounds alot, but if you put a 2lt bottle in the cooler, of water that is, and drink it during the day, you'll be suprised how quick it goes....
                            I have managed 1 hour in the gym tonight, treadmill, cycle, cross trainer and rower,,, it was hard getting back into it after christmas, but I feel really good having put in the effort...
                            :goodjob: everyone, keep it.
                            TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Mr. Boop, that souds GREAT!
                              'Makes my little am workout sound pitiful.....but I KNOW I have to start slow!!!!

I am soooooo excited about everyone's enthusiam! Isn't just wonderful? :happy:

Comment

USMgirl, hi.... Don't ever think your workout is pitiful.... You are doing great, something is better than nothing.... More is better than less!!! Don't compete, just work at your own level, don't push it to hard to soon!!! Keep up the good work!! Read that from a wise mans journal, LOL.
                                TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Working...
                                X