PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Pages : [1] 2

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 10:08 AM
Happy New Year to everyone! I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start working out together????.....helping each other stay accountable???
I have a fitness background. I know WHAT to do, I've just allowed booze to take all my real motivation away. This website has helped me get it back.
My husband has promised to move my treadmill back into the house from the garage this evening (where it has been since renovations in June!). I typically do treadmill intervals in the am. That tends to lean me the out the fastest. Also, I joined a gym for the weight work and will aim for two days a week at first.
Anyone interested in posting your workouts? I LOVE to hear about how other people are using exercise to help stay sober.:jumpin:

cuckoosnest83
January 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
I would love too. Up until the 15th of December I was walking about 2 - 3 miles a day and going to the gym about 3 - 4 times a week then I allowed myself to fall back into my bad habits. Tomorrow plan on doing my 2 mile walk and going to the gym for some weights.

Cuckoo

laura anne
January 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Count me in! I was also walking 2 miles about 5 days a week, weights at the gym twice a week. Then Dec. hit and everything was put on the back burner. Already have my walking clothes on & plan to go out shortly. Its so much easier without a hangover! I feel sooo good!
Am really looking forward to getting back in shape.

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you both for responding so quickly!!! I'm excited! I have been up all morning "working out" trying to get all my Christmas decorations packed away and moved back into storage! Believe me, it's not an easy task...I go a little overboard with that stuff!:)
But anyway, we're moving the old treadmill back inside today and will clean it up and make sure it still works! If all is well, I plan on setting my cell alarm for early in the am to get my cardio off to a good start! I will probably do some 'light' ab work too....wonder if they still funtion under all this blubber???? :H
Good luck to us all!

Niblet
January 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'd love to join you guys too !!!
Since finding MWO, I've lost those stubborn last 14 lbs that excess alcohol has kept on my body and I'm loving it !!!!
I have a small room in our home that is my home gym... I use an eliptical, a recombent stationary bike, a bowflex (for weights) as well as a mat for abdominals.
I've been a regular excerciser now since last spring and it has been so positive for my wellbeing. My hubby ran a T.V. cable up there so I can get satelite television... Otherwise I cannot tolerate the 30 minutes of cardio (5 or 6 days a week), plus the weights 3 or 4 days per week.
Oh, and I love to walk really fast... My hubby and I do not walk together very often because I walk too fast for him and I strain myself to slow down to his pace... argggg!
Oh, and I use a heart rate monitor while doing my cardio to make sure that the pace is beneficial. ( Heart rate stays between 140-165 beats per minute)
So, lets burn some holiday calories and build some fat burning muscles... Shall We !?!???
Thanks, :)

MyOwnWoman
January 1st, 2008, 01:34 PM
As soon as I get my #*@$%** elliptical put together I'm with you!

My plan is to work out on the elliptical 4-5 times per week, and do some abdominal etc exercises 3-5 times per week. Then after I lose some weight and am not so ashamed of my body I'm going to join hte gym to start weight training.
I have never been good about exercise - but I gotta get it going! I'm getting old and achey and much too fat too fast!

dexterhead
January 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
I would love to join you. I have put on disgusting amounts of weight from AL. Used to walk pretty much every day, but have been having knee problems. I joined the Y last month and as of TOMORROW I'm going to be there on the elliptical so I can start building more strength again. I'm hoping that stopping drinking for a while will let me lose a bit of weight and help my knees ...

cuckoosnest83
January 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
USMgirl, I will be complaining about putting away Christmas decorations in February. IMHO it takes so much work and effort to put them up and I get so much enjoyment out of them I like to leave them up as long as possible. I have a stepper in my room so plan on getting up in the AM and putting in a little time (~ 5 minutes) on that just to get the blood cirulating before work. At lunch is the 2 mile work and after work is the gym. Niblet, MOW, LA, and DH good luck to us all (although Nib you sound well ahead of the game). To a healthier, firmer, fitter, new year.

Saint Jude
January 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
I got an elliptical for Christmas! It's my favorite new winter toy! I've been doing anywhere from 15 to 50 min a day on it...depending on the weather around here. Today it's sunnny so I'm off for a hike now. (the sun looks like a UFO! It's been a long time w/out it here!:confused: )

I also have an ab-lounge & stair master

I'm kinda fanatical... But I'm always wide awake after work...

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Oh guys! This is great! I had to take a break for a minute to check and see if anyone else has signed on and yeah!!!! what a great response!
I forgot to mention that my hubby gave me an ipod shuffle! It's tiny!!!!! I can clip it on my collar and go to the gym!!!!
Maybe from getting to know you guys, I can learn how to love the elliptical......I've yet to enjoy it at all...I'm a die hard treadmill junkie...as long as I have the tv on for music videos!!!
Who says 40 is too old for a bikini??????....well, actually is 43, but who cares? Summer of 2008 is on it's way and we can all get to our goals together!
:yougo:

Suzanna
January 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Can I join you guys? My elliptical is kinda dusty so gotta shake it up. I got an ipod nano for Christmas too, and I have a gardening project for the next 3 days that should keep me moving and lifting. USMgirl, you can put podcasts on it too, they are free! I really got a wino belly to get rid of. :h

Tigger1
January 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm in.... back at gym on Wednesday.... Suzanna, gardening project for next 3 days, that'll work more than gym.... Good luck everyone with the fitness thing!!!!

Lou
January 1st, 2008, 04:49 PM
Count me in guys....thurs will be my back at gym day, iv been paying my monthly membership but havent been for so long i that cant remember!!
Im gonna feel so embarassed walking back in there....but i know once iv been a few times ill be hooked again...especialy with all the support here!!!

Thanks for the idea

Lou-Lou x x

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Suzanna;248286 wrote: Can I join you guys? My elliptical is kinda dusty so gotta shake it up. I got an ipod nano for Christmas too, and I have a gardening project for the next 3 days that should keep me moving and lifting. USMgirl, you can put podcasts on it too, they are free! I really got a wino belly to get rid of. :h
"Oh Suzanna!".....sorry...just had too start with that! I WISH I could get out in the yard! It's cold here! And I'm not too far away, just over in 'Ole Miss! Yard work is so good for me....I just love it! Thanks for the info about the podcasts. I've got to read up on it!
Enjoy your yard!!!

My hubby and I are headed up to the hills of Tennesse this Friday and will be with family up there through the first of next week.... by the time we get back, we will absolutely be ready for our fun "Florabama" vacations!

Suzanna
January 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Florabama?? Is that the panhandle? Where's that banjo on my knee, LOL!! It's gonna be cold here tonight too,I gotta go get my orchids. I am so excited to get going tomorrow, getting fit with you guys and gals! MOW I hope you get that elliptical together.

meditation mama
January 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in, too!! I have a treadmill in my living room now and I am going to get on it every day! I am determined to lose 25 pounds that have jumped on my body over the past few years. I think it was from the booze, but also being unhappy in my marriage, oh and just being lazy.. can't forget that part! Anyway, I want my body back!!!!!!

So, I'm in and accoutable!

What will the thread name be?

MM

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
You name the thread mama! What shall we call it????? Let's all sleep on it!
Good night friends......my alarm is set for 5:15....must have a cup of joe before cranking up the treadmill!! HA!

USMgirl
January 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Suzanna;248352 wrote: Florabama?? Is that the panhandle? Where's that banjo on my knee, LOL!! It's gonna be cold here tonight too,I gotta go get my orchids. I am so excited to get going tomorrow, getting fit with you guys and gals! MOW I hope you get that elliptical together.
Yes! The pandhandle! Have you never heard of the famous "Florabama?" Oh my goodness....too many " good times to mention!":band2:

Saint Jude
January 2nd, 2008, 02:47 AM
USMgirl, If 40 is too old for a bikini...TOO DAMN BAD!:H
I'm 47 and wore one all last summer!;) If they don't like it... they don't gotta' look!
Although, I just wear it kayaking... not around a lot of people...LOL
Then again, the Jet boats & Mail boats full of people go past all summer, with their cameras @ the ready for the scenery... wonder how many I've broken!:confused: LOL
That's OK, Bungee's very photo-genic!

USMgirl
January 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
St. Jude! Right on baby! Bring on the two-piece!!! I've just finished my first workout of the new year and feel great! I got up BEFORE alarm went off and couldn't wait to have my coffee and get started. I'm starting slow, with 35/min on treadmill and 20/min abs and stretching. It feels so good to make an effort at doing something healthy when I've done some much bad stuff to my body these past years.....I hope everyone has a great workout today! I'm off to work! :lol3:

Niblet
January 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Good Stuff Guys !!!

:baaah:
Yahoooo What a group we have !!!!!!!!!!
Jude you rock !! I'm 43 and all I ever wear is a string bikini !!! I'm with you on that !!! It kinda helps that during the hibernating months we also use our outside sauna and hot tub... So that bikini gets used year round :cool:
Yesterday I set my little egg timer for 30 minutes.. What I do is alternate between my eliptical and recombent bike every 8 minutes or so until it " DINGS !!" and my personal trainer kitty flies out the door !!! :H She does slink back in just in time to lay beside me to do abdominals and then watches me do weights. ( I swear though I can read her mind, " You got 10 more in ya Bitch !! ) LOL " She is a really tough personal trainer kitty. Her name is Alley-Oop. I just love her.
MOW, I'm gonna be so relieved for you when you get that damn part for your eliptical... Argggg !!!!!!!
So folks, remember that it took us all along time to gain any of the weight that we now have, and the slower we lose it the odds are better it will stay off. Muscle burns fat, eat often to keep that metabolism going strong... Cut the saturated fats folks... Last snack 3 hours before bed so that it doesn't turn to fat and stay on our bellys. ... Get your water in.. Fiber is your friend. If you haven't already, .. exchange white bread for a 60% or 100% whole grain, exchange white pasta for whole wheat, white rice for brown... All these little life changes help you to get the vital fiber your body needs to cleanse itself. Sorry for the lecture....
We gotta think of a good name for this Awesome thread !! We Rock !!
:rockon: Sincerely, Your Workout Buddy,

meditation mama
January 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Mornin' Sunshines!

I got on my treadmill and did 30 min. of intervals! My first day back on and it gave me so much energy. Why do I stop???? Anyway, I'm back in action!!

Have a wonderful day!

MM

Niblet
January 2nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Yahooo for you MM !!! Sounds like you're hooked Sunshine :)

trixietrack
January 2nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
hi all I started the year doing yoga with the intention of getting even more into the habit of going to the gym. last year I was going around 3 days a week and it really helped me from getting sad and self absorbed.

I am going to spend my bar money at yoga and will continue with the gym (swimming and running ) . It is amazing how much more positive I have been because of exercise.
I am hoping I can be of support here, but it's also nice to come here and report on my improvements.

yeah to a healthier ,stronger ,sexier us

:)

Fresh Hope
January 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I am in!! I have 30 lbs of wine belly to lose before April family Wedding. I have a rebounder thingy, treadmill and exercise ball at home and a club membership so no excuses !! I have lost 35 lbs 3 times!! LOL ...maybe this time it will stay off.
Thanks for starting this thread.
Any thoughts on Weight Watchers? I did that years ago after babies, but the thought of those meetings and the $ each time...kinda depressing....but I am a lifetime member ;-)
Good Luck all!!

Lou
January 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Your all so positive...i just love it!!! so tomorrow morning is my first day back at the gym and thanks to you guys im actualy excited about it!

Im remembering how good it feels working out and getting rid of all the crap in my body....instead of dreading it im looking forward to it.

Thanks for this post...its really inspiring x

I may be half dead but shall report tomorrow on how much i managed to do!!!

Lou-Lou x x

USMgirl
January 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hey Niblet, that is so funny about your kitty! :H
I have to put the baby gate up at the door when I do abs or stretch....my sweet little daschund thinks anytime I get down on the floor that it's just time to lick my face off!!!
:h He is my heart! But not too much help, I'm afraid! His name is Cooper by the way.

Tigger1
January 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi all.... Great thread...:thanks: I have to say tho, all the talk about "bikini's" is making my heart beat faster than a session on the treadmill!! LOL....
Niblet GOOD advise on the healthy eating... and the water, about 2lt is reccomended.... Sounds alot, but if you put a 2lt bottle in the cooler, of water that is, and drink it during the day, you'll be suprised how quick it goes....
I have managed 1 hour in the gym tonight, treadmill, cycle, cross trainer and rower,,, it was hard getting back into it after christmas, but I feel really good having put in the effort...
:goodjob: everyone, keep it.

USMgirl
January 2nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Mr. Boop, that souds GREAT!
'Makes my little am workout sound pitiful.....but I KNOW I have to start slow!!!!

I am soooooo excited about everyone's enthusiam! Isn't just wonderful? :happy:

Tigger1
January 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
USMgirl, hi.... Don't ever think your workout is pitiful.... You are doing great, something is better than nothing.... More is better than less!!! Don't compete, just work at your own level, don't push it to hard to soon!!! Keep up the good work!! Read that from a wise mans journal, LOL.

Saint Jude
January 2nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Ha ha :H Bungee likes to jump on my lap while I'm in the Ab-Lounge doing my jack knifes. He really thinks he's a big help....:cool:

I had a great hike on the beach yesterday. Up and down a steep hill & out to the cliffs, I can feel it in my knees so much more than what I feel from the eliptical. It was so nice to get out with no rain for a change. Good thing I did... it's pouring again today.:confused:

memarcie
January 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to jump in and say hi. I did 10 min on the elliptical after work today, My plan is to be up to 20 min by the end of next week. I'm doing the elliptical 3 days a week and the bowflex 3 days a week. I did the bowflex yesterday, but I may mess around with it if I get bored tonight. Also lots of daily stomach cruches. I haven't worn a bikini in 2 years, too much flab from drinking, I hope to get back into one this summer!

Suzanna
January 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I got my son perfect pushup thingies and they seem to work great, of course I got em so I could use em too. Firstly the girlie on the knees pushups, have to work up. I don't know about a two piece but ya never know with this kind of motivation!

Saint Jude
January 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind..fat looks better if it's cooked...;) I always get a good tan started in the backyard, before I bare it out on the river...:H

But that's not gonna be for quite some time...:cool:

Between now & then I'll just keep on exercising.

USMgirl
January 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hey Marcie, hubby and I wish we had room for a bowflew, lucky you....plans are to build a bigger house in a couple of years and have a room for a gym.....maybe then.....
Everyone sounds so motivated!!! It makes me excited to set my alarm again!
I'm going to rest tonight and read my new Health magazine that came today!
It sounds like everyone had awesome workouts....Jude...yours just sounds GREAT!!!!
Best wishes to all! Good night from Dixie! :h

Niblet
January 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hello everybody !!
Tonight hubby suggested a couple glasses of wine, but I decided to do my workout instead as I was in town most of the day... It is sooo worth it to feel this happy inside eh? :)

Hello Marcie, and welcome to our workout thread !!! You are doing so great... 2 thumbs up !
Suzanna you'll be in a 2 piece suit before you know it...
Fresh Hope, I never been on Weight Watchers but from what I've always learned it is really balanced and healthy...
Yep, it's a good idea with the pet gate to keep little Cooper out.. He must be a cutie for sure. I gotta agree with Mr. Boops about going about this at your own pace. I found that when I put too much time on the clock, I was really procastinating and we don't want that. You are doing just great !
I wish you and I were neighbours Jude, I love to walk and hike.
Way to go Trixie ! :goodjob:
I'm with you 100 % Mr. Boop about the 2 litres of water... For every reason possible it is so important to get that water in.
I just thought I'd log my workout and drop a line or two...
"Jump start your mornings with the proper fuel that will set you up for an amazing day" !!!
"What you eat in private shows in public"
Take Care All !!! We Rock :h

Suzanna
January 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
OK you guys, did 20 mins on elliptical. I had to have something to report here! It's too cold outside to garden maybe until later, it was 32 degrees this morning, and these spoiled thinblooded muscles are not used to that! :H

meditation mama
January 3rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hello, my friends!

Quick check in... I'm off to work. But, I did get 30 minutes of interval treadmill in today again!! Yeah! My food arrives on Friday and I am so excited to get into my bikini when I go to mexico March 23rd!! Watch out!!!!!!!!

MM

Cinders
January 3rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
MM,

What food?

Cindi

meditation mama
January 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I am startign on a program called Chefs Diet (www.chefsdiet.com) (http://www.chefsdiet.com)). I am so busy that my biggest downfall is eating right, or at all! The time I need to shop and prepare properly gets lost after about Tuesday of each week. So, I thought that I would do this for three months. I have a few celebrity clients that suggested it. I guess the food is amazing! i am also newly single and my little one is so easy to make something for because she eats like a bird.. So, I plan to eat nothing but what they send and work out every day on my treadmill that is sitting in front of the television now! It goes fast that way. I watch the Today Show and the tiem just zooms!

MM

laura anne
January 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Wow! I am amazed at everyone's enthusiasm. Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I managed 20 minutes on the treadmill. Will try and go a little longer today. Reading all your posts really has me motivated!

trixietrack
January 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
trixies workout

I go after works because mornings are for cuddling with the cat.
last night I walked 1 1/2 miles to the gym.

stretched for about 20 approx.

swam for 25 mins.

rewarded myself with the sauna.

then I went food shopping and had some bbq japanese sardines for dinner.

it's been really cold here so you have to walk fast.

I'll take a break today, but I walk an average of 2 to 3 miles a day, that counts running up and down the stairs in the subway. ( this is just running around like a crazy neurotic new yorker)

My friend moved here 3 months ago and has lost 14 lbs just from running around like a crazy new yorker.

Feeling good

Suzanna
January 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Trixie, that is so true, I remember commuting to "the city" from Mt. Vernon and climbing stairs, dashing through the streets, so cold, somedays would cut through the Met Life building or underground through the Vanderbilt hotel I think it was. I had a great butt then from walking up the hill after work too :H

Lou
January 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ouch!!!
Gym first time in months today.
Managed to do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins on the weights....i even managed 50 crunches...god knows how!!!
Im pretty sore now but i feel good.....im not sure if ill still be saying that tommorow when i cant move!!!

Lou-Lou x x

Cinders
January 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Trixie,

Last time I was in NY, (Nov this year) I was working in Jersey City.

I ended up walking from the "site" up to China Town - where I was staying.

Great exercise and I didn't end up on the wrong subway line. :H

However, I must say, looking at the devastation broke my heart. I know it has been years but it broke my heart nonetheless. What we "know" and what we "see" are two different things. I am sure all you New Yorkers are innured to it by now. I was not.

I had stayed at the World Trade Center Marriott two months prior to the bombings and had been at the bar up top (can't remember the name -- Top of the World??) and really "felt it" when the bombings happened. I had made friends there and worried so much about those people...

Okay. What a downer!! However, I am leaving this as is because it was a huge trigger for me. HUGE. I have purposely avoided that area until this (last) year and when I went there, it truly broke my heart.

Love,
Cindi

However, I did get great exercise walking from the PATH to Chinatown every day... Sorry I changed the mood of this thread but really wanted to get this out. I cannot believe how much I repressed this the last two months!!

Tigger1
January 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Lou, WOW!!! 50 crunches are still in my dreams... I'm hurting a little today from the session at the gym yesterday... Well done everyone... Keep it up!!!

USMgirl
January 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hello everyone! Just checking in!!!! BRRRRRR it is cold here too, Suzanna!! Man, these Southern Miss muscles aren't used to it at all!!!! But, I got up and logged in my time on the ole treadmill this morning and it was great!
Hey MM! Going to Mexico on March 23??? Well, that's my birthday!! GOOOOD LUCK! Two years ago at this time, I was working out hard getting ready for a cruise down there. It was great! You will love it!
Hey Cyndi, is it cold over there too?? Brrrr...
You all sound awesome guys! Hubby and I leave tomorrow going up north a ways to visit family for a while. I'm going to try and get my walks in, but snow my be an issue for this ole girl....don't know yet.
Keep up the good work! I'll be thinking of each and every one of you!
:good:

Tigger1
January 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
USMgirl, Have a great time up north with the family... Take some tennis rackets with you... Tennis gives you a good cardio workout, and if it's snowy underfoot the rackets make great snow shoes,, LOL.... Have fun!!!

Suzanna
January 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
You know what Cindi, it's still very much with us all. Last time I drove by on NJ Turnpike it was 2004, and glancing over and was broken hearted all over again looking at the changed skyline. I just completely understand. That city is my hometown, I'm from Washington Heights, which is upper west side of Manhattan. But you don't have to be from NY to feel the loss, it's everybody's loss.

OK ya'll, I'm going to do 5 more pathetic pushups on the contraptions to turn the thread back. Mr. Boop, I'm trying!!!

cuckoosnest83
January 3rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Slow start. Ended up doing nothing yesterday but got in a 2 mile walk today despite the freezing weather. Plan on 2 mile walk tomorrow and gym on Saturday. Having a difficult time getting out of holiday mode and into work early which makes all the difference for me. Impressed with the committment from everyone.

memarcie
January 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I spent about 30 minutes on the bowflex tonight. The workout should take less time once I figure out exactly what I want to do and in what order. I'm getting better at it and did much more than I did the other day. Now I'm off to do 40 or so crunches(been trying to do those every day). Tomorrow is elliptical day for me!

Niblet
January 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Top of the morning everybody !!! :)
Cindi, I could feel the anguish from your post about the World Trade Center.. Thank-You for sharing it and getting it out... I could actually "feel" the healing happening in your post.

Well Lou, your workouts will get easier as your body adapts.. Keep it up my friend. 50 crunches are awesome !!

Good for you in your walking programme Trixie !! Walking is so good for you.
Mr Boop, I hope that today you aren't hurting too bad from your workouts... Just think of the new fat burning muscles you have built. :)
Ahhh MM, you are gonna be a hot chick in Mexico ;) What a good idea with ordering healthy prepared foods... You are a very wise gal indeed.
Suzanna, pushups will strengthen your core. Excellent excercise !
Cuckoosnest, good for you taking all those long walks. You will bump up your metabolism and build muscles in those legs.
Marcie, I too found it kinda confusing at first when using my bowflex machine. You will eventually find a routine for yourself and it will be second nature on how to do it.
Talk about cold !!!! Yesterday it was -25 Celcius with about 14 inches of snow everywhere... There is about a foot of ice on all the small inland lakes too.
Yesterday I took the day off from my workout although everyday I have the barn to clean which is pretty good for the arms and back.
I'm just going to do my barn chore ( clean 2 large box stalls, sweep and haul hay for the horses) Then I'll find something on tv for my workout. I'll do my usual 30 minutes of alternating eliptical, recombent bike, then 60 side to side crunches (right elbow to left knee, then left elbow to right knee etc.) as well as 25 regular crunches... then on to do weights on the bowflex focusing on my thighs front, and then curls for my glutes.. then on to arms. I use 35 lb resistance on both bows. Then it's shower time !!! :) Ahhhh !
You all inspire me !!! We Rock !

trixietrack
January 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
db2fromala;249381 wrote: Trixie,

Last time I was in NY, (Nov this year) I was working in Jersey City.

I ended up walking from the "site" up to China Town - where I was staying.

Great exercise and I didn't end up on the wrong subway line. :H

However, I must say, looking at the devastation broke my heart. I know it has been years but it broke my heart nonetheless. What we "know" and what we "see" are two different things. I am sure all you New Yorkers are innured to it by now. I was not.

I had stayed at the World Trade Center Marriott two months prior to the bombings and had been at the bar up top (can't remember the name -- Top of the World??) and really "felt it" when the bombings happened. I had made friends there and worried so much about those people...

Okay. What a downer!! However, I am leaving this as is because it was a huge trigger for me. HUGE. I have purposely avoided that area until this (last) year and when I went there, it truly broke my heart.

Love,
Cindi

However, I did get great exercise walking from the PATH to Chinatown every day... Sorry I changed the mood of this thread but really wanted to get this out. I cannot believe how much I repressed this the last two months!!
cindi
:l I never go to ground zero, it is too much to bear for me.

trixietrack
January 4th, 2008, 11:19 AM
hi all
tonight is gym night.
it is butt cold here so I am going to stretch, lift some weights and then run on the treadmill.
I have a cough so I'll take it easy.

just a little note:

after a few months of this you guys will feel really high on life, and you will miss your workouts. that happens to me, and I wonder why am being negative, then the light goes on and I am like 'oh I didn't do cardio this week'
Trix

Niblet
January 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hello again, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to camp this afternoon and will be back Sunday... Hubby will break trail into camp (up some good hills etc for about 1 mile) and I will follow on foot with our 2 labs.. Black lab, Tia and Chocolate Lab Beau... Workout buddy kitty will stay home safe and warm under the fine care of our 2 sons.. 16 & 18... Thank goodness we get a cell signal so I can keep touch with them... They will also care for my 2 horses and 2 miniature goats... My avator is my little Niblet Goat...
Although I won't be doing an actual workout, I'll be getting plenty of fresh air and excercise... Keep up the good work you guys and I'll see you all Sunday, Hugs, We Rock !!! ;)

Saint Jude
January 4th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Niblet, I hope you have a shelter @ your camp! I'll bet it's cold up there! Have fun & stay warm and cozy...

I used to have a pet goat named Valentino, when I was a kid. He followed me around like a puppy.:h

Our power was out this morning, plus we ran out of propane... sometime last night(our fireplace is propane)
So I got on the eliptical first thing this morning to warm up.
Worked like a charm. I did miss having the travel channel or music to watch while I elipted... but I just turned it to the window & watched the guys outside in the bucket truck cutting trees away from the power lines.;)

stollies1
January 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone,
Ive only just seen these posts(too busy working out :H )
Hope you all don't mind if I join in too ;) .
I started back at the gym a few months ago but have really got stuck into it since half way through October.I'm going every morning before work.40 mins of cardio and then another 40 of the weight machines.Its summer here in Aus so all the workouts a very hot and sweaty....
I'll be looking forward to see how everyones doing..Great idea
Vic xxooxx

laura anne
January 5th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Good morning everyone. Walked my 2 miles this am. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym but its a start. It felt great and I feel totally energized. Hope you all are able to get up and do something today. Its a great way to keep your mind off drinking!

Niblet
January 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm home from camp !! :)
Welcome Stollies, the more the merrier !! What do you like to do for cardio? Some of us walk, use elipticals or treadmills, or bikes...
Hey Jude, you are so creative in keeping warm ;) A nice view of workmen too... giggle !! Giggle !! Yep, at camp we have a big old woodstove and it is insulated really well. It didn't take long to make the camp 80 degrees. I walked half way in on Friday, took a skidoo ride the rest of the way in..We had alot of snow to shovel so that was a pretty good workout too.. On Saturday I walked all the way out to the road and back in along with hubby and the dogs. (40 minutes) I think I'll hop on my eliptical a little later on. When we got home I had double duty in barn chores to do.... Valentino must have been a cutie !!! My little fellas are like that too... When hubby isn't around I sometimes bring them into the house.. You have GOT to see how funny a miniature goat is that sees itself in a full length mirror !!! They absolutely CRACK me up !!!! They are both neutered little males.. They call me " MAAAAAAA !!!!!! " Enjoy your Sunday everybody , We Rock !!:cool: Hugs, xxx

vixta
January 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
New Brit!!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to mwo and love my treadmill. Just finished reading this thread and am feeling even more motivated now, got some new songs on my mp3 so ready to go, did 30 mins today and have the alarm set for 6am to do 30 mins before work. Have to say tho i dont warm up or down! naughty. I stopped the treadmill towards the end of this yr and drank instead, now I'm back on it and drinking water, it really sorts out my digestive system and bowels, as I have felt so bloated lately and have about 2 stone to lose, thinking of you all 4 inspiration whilst I'm running!! Today was the first day I didn't smoke any ciggies!!! Yay!!

Love this thread. Vix. xx

Saint Jude
January 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Yep Niblet the view of the workmen was pretty good! Unfortunately I'm related to about 1/2 of them...:confused: cousins! (they are kinda cute though... I could pretend we're not related...:cool: ...NOT!)
It's slim pickins' around here!:H
I'm lucky I found a guy with teeth AND manners... & we're not related!:goodjob: that'll never happen again around here... that's why I married him...

well, at least a BIG part of it...Hee hee

OK, Day off for me. Still raining here, but we've had a little sun peaking thru, so I've seen a couple of rainbows today.
Off for another round on the elipt.
Good day everybody!

Welcome aboard Vixen! Ha ha! Congrats on NO ciggies! GREAT JOB!

memarcie
January 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hubby and I decided to buy an exercise ball today, we've been "playing" around with it tonight and learning some of the exercises. I think it will be a great addition to the bowflex and the elliptical!

Vixta welcome and great job on no smokes today! Today is my 6th day AF and CF(cig free). I'm feeling pretty good just trying to pick up the pace on exercising.

Saint Jude
January 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Marci, we have an exercise ball. I use it as a computer chair sometimes.:H I can do crunches while I'm online...;) sort of...squats, etc...:cool:

memarcie
January 7th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Judie, I went and bought a book last night that lists lots of exercises and we were going through it. I know I could have looked many up online, but it was much easier just having a book by us rather than running up stairs to the computer between each one, LOL.

Saint Jude
January 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I think ours came with a DVD. I'll check around & see if I can find it.

memarcie
January 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I did the elliptical after work today for 18 minutes. That's the highest I've been up so far. I wanted to get to 20 by the end of this week and I'm sure I'll make it. I would have made 20 today if there had been something good on TV to watch. :H

Niblet
January 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hello buddies !!!! :)
Ohhh my gosh Jude, can you hear me laughing from Oregon ??!!! I seriously could have peed my pants reading about your cousins, and your hubby with teeth etc... You are TOO funny !!!!!!!
Welcome Vixen :) Good for you in turning your habit around !!! Quitting smoking is so tough, but you'll be so glad you quit... Good for you !!!!
Way to go Marcie !! You are doing just amazing !!
I wonder if My Own Woman got that damn part for her eliptical?
Today I did my usual 30 minute cardio, abs and then bowflex.. Hubby even did a 25 minute workout...We Rock !! ;)

meditation mama
January 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hello, my friends!!

Sorry I was AWOL for a few days... I was feeling kind of blue, just this whole divorce thing. Anyway, I'm back in action!! I didn't get any exercise for two days, but I did stick to my diet. I love my new food plan!! The food is amazing! I am back on the treadmill tomorrow morning, for sure. I was going to start the gym this week but we are SOCKED in with snow! Maybe I will mix it up some tapes... I will wait to weigh again until later this week.

Talk to you tomorrow!!

MM

eustacia
January 8th, 2008, 02:30 AM
OK, I'm in.

But I'm only going to post what I have done not what I plan to do. I plan to do many things, some of which I am fortunate enough to forget before I can do them, others of which go into my Futurizer, never to be extracted.

I'll need a designated asskicker (not too hard, please) if I don't post for several days. Volunteers?:cool:

:heart: E

memarcie
January 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I made it 20 minutes on the runner today after work. It seemed to go much faster cuz there was something to watch on TV. Eustacia, warming up my butt kicking leg!

Fresh Hope
January 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Tv helps me too, I also read at the same time, LOL -anything to make the time go by. Did weights and yoga yesterday and 35 min cardio and stretching today...really hard ...had to drag myself to the gym. My goal is to lose 30 lbs before April. Tomorrow wights and yoga class again... I know there is a six pack under that flab.

meditation mama
January 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi guys!!

had a good work out day today! Did a good 30 minutes of Intervals on the treadmill, crunches, pushups and butt exercises this morning and then another 30 minutes of treadmill tonight!! Yippee!!

I'm going to find that body I know is in here... oh, yeah.....

MM

Saint Jude
January 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hey Everybody, Great to see ya MM!:l

E, I feel like I need a kick in the butt today... Maybe we can take turns.:cool:

I've been kinda lazy today. "God's gift to women" & cramps...:upset:

I did do about 25 min on the eliptical earlier, but wasn't very enthusiastic about it...

Thankfully I had the day off, so I was able to be lazy...maybe by tomorrow I'll be back to my bouncy self.;)

Have a good night ALL.

meditation mama
January 9th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Aw, Jude... you are truly an inspiration, and 25 minutes is 25 minutes, sister! No butt kickin' needed there!

I was really sore last night - my back. i am not sure if it was from work or from working out twice.. :confused: I have a bunch of snowblowing to do this morning, that is definately like walking on the treadmill for an hour! So, I am going to count that so I don't overdo it. I have been struggling with back problems, that is part of what got me into this cycle of not working out.. so, I am going to listen to my body and be careful. I am not going to do anything to make it so I can't work out again! This is too important to me now...

Well, have a wonderful day, all!!

xoxox

MM

trixietrack
January 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM
hi all I have been sick, and I mean sick the last 5 days. it's been years since I had a flu like this.
Today I am finally feeling a bit better, going to the gym after work and doing some stretching. no swimming. one thing about being sick is I have been AF since before Friday and the bottles of wine in my house don't interest me.
good luck everyone.

We are gonna look hot! by spring

T

trixietrack
January 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Saint Jude;249963 wrote: Niblet, I hope you have a shelter @ your camp! I'll bet it's cold up there! Have fun & stay warm and cozy...

I used to have a pet goat named Valentino, when I was a kid. He followed me around like a puppy.:h

Our power was out this morning, plus we ran out of propane... sometime last night(our fireplace is propane)
So I got on the eliptical first thing this morning to warm up.
Worked like a charm. I did miss having the travel channel or music to watch while I elipted... but I just turned it to the window & watched the guys outside in the bucket truck cutting trees away from the power lines.;)
were the guys in the bucket truck hot? cause that can make a workout exciting. :)

Niblet
January 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Trixie I'm really glad you are feeling better :)
This is what Jude said about those workmen... Haaa !! Haaaa !!! I nearly shat myself !!!

Yep Niblet the view of the workmen was pretty good! Unfortunately I'm related to about 1/2 of them... cousins! (they are kinda cute though... I could pretend we're not related... ...NOT!)
It's slim pickins' around here!
I'm lucky I found a guy with teeth AND manners... & we're not related! that'll never happen again around here... that's why I married him...

well, at least a BIG part of it...Hee hee

Yesterday I did my usual 30 minutes of cadio on the eliptical/recombent bike... I decided that I would do my abs and bowflex later that night after work, but opened a bottle of homemade wine with hubby instead... arggg !!! I'll do a complete workout today...
Well "E" are you certain you want a butt kicker? Haa !! Haaa !! A big welcome !!!
MM, I'm so glad to see you. I hopet that your back is feeling better. I know the feeling as my back sometimes gives me grief !! Listen to your body Hon. We all want you strong and happy :l
Well Jude I hope that you are up and at em' today... I hate it too when my Aunt "Flow" shows up every single month uninvited.. The B$%@H !! Well, I'm going to be 44 in June, so hopefully I can cancel her plane ticket one day soon... Giggle !! Giggle !!!
I have a tip to share, " instead of drinking your juice to get vitamin C or a serving or fruit, eat the actual fruit itself... You will get all that important fiber that will help to cleanse the colon as well as the nutrition". Have a "Happy Humpy" everybody :) WE ROCK ;)

USMgirl
January 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hey guys! Soooo glad to be back! It sure looks like everyone kept up their workouts while I was AWOL! I hate to admit...I didn't do much of anything but enjoy home cooking at my mom and sister's!!!! YUM! But!!!!!! I'm back on track this afternoon! The 'ole treadmill is beckoning me as we speak....or post, whatever.......
Anyway, I got a new step and step DVD! Several years ago, I used to love to do step aerobics! It keeps my brain busy and kicks butt! LITERALLY, it gives GOOD BUTT! So, I'm starting that tomorrow! I'll let you all know how sore I am on Friday! :H :H

Hey Marcie! [SIZE=3]I have one of those balls!.....there are several "fun" exercises hubby and you could do on that!........(wink,wink,...:) SIZE]

ll go now! Hugs to everyone!!!!! :l

Saint Jude
January 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
:H I'm sitting on my BIG BALL right now while I'm posting this...it makes a pretty good puter chair, plus I can do side to side moves for my hips, * semi squats, & sorta crunchesby bracing my knees on desk sides.;) I think it's good for the posture too!

I'm gonna try something here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjiM0qjX9k[/video]]YouTube - "Carefree Highway" by Gordon Lightfoot
well that's not the one I was going for.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30V5vnYHzk[/video]]YouTube - Gretchen Wilson-Redneck Woman
I was trying to copy some music from another post down here for workout music. Somehow got a wrong song...But it's a pretty one. I've been going back & forth to the puter playing music & elipting... breaks it up a bit. I have a bunch of music in the subscribers youtube dedication thread I was trying to transfer here.. not quite that savvy yet..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg[/video]]YouTube - MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL "Ain't no Mountain High Enough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T9baKeTCok[/video]]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan, Crossfire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2v2P0wg2dA[/video]]YouTube - Temptation Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnCEvGrj3M[/video]]YouTube - The Grass Roots- Sooner or Later

Saint Jude
January 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJW2yS5tY9o[/video]]YouTube - Sugarland - Something More

One of my new favorites;)

And an old fav...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LOBOJDI9yI[/video]]YouTube - Electric Light Orchestra - Sweet Talkin' Woman

vixta
January 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi peeps,

4 days a/f & cig/f!! Yay a record, feel fabulous about it tho, the exercise is not going so well but the healthy eating is going v well, no carbs after 6pm, loads of fruit & veg & salad & fish. Got on the scales this morn and I havent lost a pound?? I was wondering Whats going on? then later in the day I got my monthly!!!Aggghhh!! 5ft 6 and weigh 10 n half stone. 38yrs old, why does it get harder as you get older.......Did 30 mins on treadmill on sunday and Tuesday, gonna set alarm for 6am for another 30 mins on treadmill - defo need it tomorow, after the day i've had!!! REALLY hormonal today, couldn't stop crying tonight :upset: I feel like I want to split with my Hubby, that my life is going nowhere and I'm trapped, not really living just existing. Go to work, go to bed, go to work, go to bed all week then weekend clean house cook dinners, back to work etc etc etc ...........went for a drive and a think and a cry, came home, didn't drink or smoke! Then decided to see how you guys were doing and your posts made me feel so much better, just knowing your here, trying your best like me. OH woe is me!!! hahaha I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment, can anyone suggest anything? Tried the bath and lavendar and I read and no caffeine after lunch. Anyway it's late and i got an early start tomorow. Well done to everyone and keep up the good work. (I feel a bit rude for jumping in on your thread it's like you all know each other so well and who is this stranger?)
Here's to happier days, sometimes I envy single people SO much, Vix. xxxx:h

Lou
January 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hi all,

Well 10 days AF and 5 of those iv been to the gym.....feelin good 40 mins cardio and 30 mins weights....followed by 70...yes 70 crunches!!! Then some lovely stretches and a chill out in the spa.
I feel like a new person already....an my trousers are gettin big on me...im on my way back in to my "thin" trousers!!!
Well done to you all and thanks for the inspiration.

Lou-Lou x x

Saint Jude
January 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Vixta :welcome: the more, the merrier! Great job on no ciggies too! Wish I could get Hubby to do that...

Lou, Awsome!10 days! Glad somebody's fitting into skinny jeans...

I'm PMS'n & bloated over here...:upset: Feel like eating & drinking everthing...(I'm not...but I sure feel like it!)

Still eliptican & ab-lounging... it's been raining a lot so I haven't been doing much beach hiking...maybe someday soon. It can't rain forever.
Then again maybe I should start working on an ARK:confused:

Mom & Dad just left yesterday for Arizona...so I'll be going out to their house to "check' on the hot tub on a regular basis... It's great for doing my leg lifts in it. Good work out.

Niblet
January 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Good morning :)
Oh Vixta, we are so blessed to have so many people here !!! Please know that you are as welcome as the rest of us guys... You are going through alot of changes and truthfully, hon if you didn't have any emotional responses I would be truely shocked !!! Understand that your body is double detoxing and we always focus negative on the ones we feel safe with.. eg, hubby, parent, sibling... Give it time,,,, not to mention that you have your monthly which can play havoc on a good day.. chin up and know we all care xxx

Lou, a good old rest likely did you good. Hop back on track and enjoy this ride !!
I don't have much time this morning to spend on computer, so I'll say have a good day, I gotta go do my workout,
Oh and yesterday I did a complete workout... Have a great day, We Rock !!!;)

trixietrack
January 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
hey all. especially you vixta. I am doing well stretched and did some yoga last night. did 60 crunches. then ran on treadmill for 35 mins. I feel great! if I keep getting happier I am gonna blow up or something.
I know I keep saying this over and over, but we are gonna be one hot set of healthy mamas and papas.

Trix

meditation mama
January 11th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Hi all!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday.. was late getting to work. I did get my Aerobics in, though. My new thing. I like these tapes! I have 6 and they KICK MY BUTT, litterally. It really works my whole body and I get a good sweat going. So for now, it's what I will be doing, and then the treadmill in the evening. That and SNOW BLOWING! we got DUMPED on last night. Can I tell you... that is a work out! So, I will be doing my tapes then blowing the driveway this morning. Down 2 pounds so far this weeks, so I'm happy, happy, happy!

I have to get my tooth pulled today, so I may be out of commission tomorrow. I will see how I go.... whaaa!!

Check in later.

MM

Niblet
January 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hello More2 !!!!! Come spend some time with us... With you organizing your home and packing boxes etc, that is a workout all in itself... And guys, She has a Beautiful pool at her home... Aqua excercising is oh so good for you !! :)

MM, you inspire me !!! We just woke up to a nice blanket of snow too.... I live in Central Ontario Canada, Where do you live? There is a huge area around us that have been hammered with snow. Oh, and congratulations on losing 2 pounds !! Yaaahoooo!!!!!
Yesterday as I got off the computer I got called into work early, so my workout didn't happen..
Trixie, you are so cute :) Isn't excercise a wonderful way of life ?
Well, I'm going out to clean up the barn and then will do my workout, then hit the shower !!!
Have a great Friday everybody !!! We Rock !! ;)

Niblet
January 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh, and MM, I hope that the tooth pulling isn't too painful for you. Take something for it and then rest. xxxx I'll be thinking of you Hon.

Niblet
January 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Well Jude did you check out that hot tub at your parents ;) We have a small 5 seater that is so relaxing ... I did my usual workout and then proceeded to re-arrange my little excercise room just to see if there is a glimmer of hope of fitting a treadmill in there too !!!! :confused: (Good thing Hubby isn't reading this over my shoulder..:H )
I think it would definately be a sqeeze, but it would fit for sure ;)
We Rock !!! Hugs Guys... My Own Woman, did you get that part for your eliptical ? I sure hope so... xxx to you all.

Niblet
January 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Good Saturday Morning everybody :)
I did my usual workout, it never gets dull because I find something new on TV while excercising....:H
Hope that your mouth isn't too sore from having your tooth pulled Jude... Have a great day:l
We Rock !!!!:goodjob:

meditation mama
January 12th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hi!

Well I wasn't able to work out yesterday, but did spend an hour blowing snow, so I am sure that got my heart rate up! Got my tooth pulled, so I was told no exercize for a few days. I am REALLY watching my calorie intake, only eating small snack-size meals every three hours. I am going to take advantage of this downtime to rest.. I have been going at WARP speed for the past month. So, I have a bunch of magazines, and I plan to watch a bit of TV and nap! I will be RARING to go on Monday, though!!

Have a fantastic Saturday!

MM

Saint Jude
January 12th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Nope Niblet, it wasn't me gettin' the tooth out. It was Med Mama (sounds like a "pusher" LOL)
I do have an appt next month with my dentist though..way over due...:confused:

Hey Med Mama...Enjoy your R&R got any good books? Have you read any Janet Evanovich? The "Stephanie Plum" novels are hilarious! Witty, sexy, fast reading...addictive!;) My Hubby's even hooked on her!

Everybody have a great weekend!
I'm off to work up a sweat...maybe squeez in a tub before work...
:l
Judie

PS We have a pool table now! My brother had a BIG one he's been wanting to get rid of for years... it's in our living room now! It's HUGE! Need to re-arrange a few things yet... but it'll be fun... good thing we have a big living/romper room! Everybody come on over! I made brownies for the guys that helped move this big "dinasaur"...nobody ate any of them!

memarcie
January 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I was on the elliptical Thurs and Fri for 20 minutes. Today I did the bowflex instead. I'm planning on doing some work with my exercise ball tomorrow and using the elliptical.

Enjoy the pool table Judie!

MM - Snow is good for a little exercise. We were supposed to have maybe an inch today, now they've issued a snow advisory and are saying 3 - 5 inches. Anybody watch the Packer/Seahawks game! Yea it's snowing here!

Niblet, I am getting into watching Dr Phil after work on the elliptical, there are so many interesting people in the world. LOL.

Hi More2, Vixta, and Trixie, keep up the good work!

Saint Jude
January 13th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Did my hot tub leg lifts today,..i swear they work me so much more than the Ab-lounge! Maybe it's being in the water...and supporting myself by my arms... it works me...:confused: :cool:

Kicked Hubby's Butt tonight on the pool table!:H(after work too!) Well, we're 1 for 1... But at least I kicked butt once! It still counts! LOL:goodjob:

Too funny... our dogs are just amazed at how the balls roll down the side and end up @ the end of the table... It's hilarious!

Niblet
January 13th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Oh my gosh, sorry MM, I hope that you are right up to snuff by Monday... Some good old rest sounds amazing :l Take Care and enjoy this nice down time.
I've played pool a few times... It is a Hoot !!! I'm not that great at it but enjoy it just the same.
I love love love Dr. Phil too Marcie ... He is such a smart and wise man.
It would be so funny to watch your dogs reaction to all those balls disappearing.. Dogs are too funny.
Well, I'm going to find something interesting on the TV and then do my workout...
Have a great Sunday everybody, Hugs
WE ROCK !!! ;)

memarcie
January 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I'm being lazy today and no real workout. I am going to play around with the exercise ball. I want to try out all the different exercises in the book I bought. There are so many different ones to try.

I did shovel snow a bit this morning, so that is some exercise. Hubby used the snow blower on the driveway before he went to work. I did some of the sidewalk and I'll have to do the end of the driveway again after the snowplows are done on the streets.
It is STILL snowing. We have about 6 inches and it keeps coming. It's supposed to be done soon though. It looks sooooo beautiful.

eustacia
January 13th, 2008, 10:50 PM
OK, Marcie, this is my first post admitting to exercising, and it was so you could take the day off. Nothing dazzling, just 30 minutes of Pilates. Wonder if it will show up on the scale tomorrow?:H

:heart: Your sister in sweat, E

eustacia
January 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the tunes, Judie.

If you can spare a foot, I might need a kick tomorrow.:cool:

Lazy E

vixta
January 14th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi guys,

Well, things were going ok until I got into trouble at work today, I still feel a bit low due to being in a bad mood because of the detox!! How long will it last!!:confused:
I work on a sales floor and I was on a downer because they upped my target again just because I keep hitting it!! My top boss heard me moaning and thought I was slagging off my team leader which I wasn't, so she came over to me and said I should say it to her face if i had a problem, so I told her what I was really saying and she said I shouldn't be moaning because it brings the mood of the whole floor down, BUT it's ok for me to be as loud as i like when I'm in a good mood!!! Sorry but you can't have it both ways, you see I'm usually really happy and bouncy and laughing and loud, which they like. So from now on I'm gonna whisper and be as quiet as a mouse. Oh also I'm looking for another job, had enuff of the hypocrisy!!
Exercise. . . I've been pretty good, running on my treadmill, not everyday as I get really busy - working full time and with 3 young boys. I'm planning on setting my alarm at 6am and getting rid of my anger, however I don't appear to be losing any weight and i've been so good, food wise. Its so demoralizing, just like my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is life soooooooooo hard, wish I didn't have to work and I could tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!:durn: Don't we all i hear you say!!
Well it's 11pm and i must retire to my bed, oh yes and I had 2 glasses of wine fri night and 1 glass sat night - pretty good considering I used to drink 2 bottles each night, no alcohol in the week, I do have the help of Champix from my Doc - running out fast tho and won't get any more (think you call it Chantix in USA) hopefully my kudzu will have arrived by then. I'm reading 'the innocent man' by John Grisham, anybody read it?? Books help me escape instead of alcohol. Hey whatever helps eh. Much love to you all. I will return, probably I will get the sack from work and be on here 24/7 hahaha.
Ciao Vix. xxxxxxxxx

vixta
January 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
p.s thanks for remembering me Niblet, wish I knew your real name, how did you manage to go a/f, you sound like your sorted in life.
When I run I have a map of the world on the wall in front of me, I look around the world at all your different places and imagine you all exercising and it inspires me to keep going.
I'm in UK. How do u put where u are from where it says how many posts you have posted?? Bye for now. . . . . . . . . . . . keep well. xx

memarcie
January 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I made it 24 minutes on the elliptical today. That was good, I'll be up to 30 minutes in no time!

Vixta, I'm on Chantix as well, but for smoking although I'm sure that it helps with drinking as well. I had my first beers of the year this weekend. It was good, not too much, just a few. I've also been smoke free thanks to Chantix for 2 weeks today! (Marcie pats her own back).

Tomorrow I plan to be on the elliptical as well and either weights or exercise ball. MOW I'm glad you finally got your butt on the machine(maybe you said that on another thread, but good job).

Eustacia, thanks for working out for me yesterday so I could have a day off. Should I tell you I'm taking every day off so you keep it up? :H

Niblet, there was a good show on Dr Phil today about some kid who was feuding with his mom and is was so destructive. Good workout material, LOL.

Judie, Sounds like I need a hot tub to do leg lifts in? That will get this fat ass and flabby thighs in shape. :cool:

Happy Exercising!

Niblet
January 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Guys !!!
Marcie, congratulations on 2 weeks smoke free !!! Yahoooo !!!:goodjob:
You're also making amazing improvements on the eliptical ... right on.
Vixta, my name is actually Heather and I'm no longer af... I moderate quite well... usually :confused: However I used Kudzu from MWO which helped alot !!! After the first week or so you make new life changing habits and not drinking becomes a new way of being. For you to add in your location could you go back into the register section ? If you still are have a hard time email MWO and they will help you... I couldn't figure out how to put my little Niblet avator and they helped me... Good Luck Sweetie.
Well, this morning I did my usual workout while watching Xweighted :H I love those shows !!!
Oh could somebody please give me the measurements of a treadmill ? I'm seriously thinking of getting one, but it will be a tight sqeeze at best in my little excercise room... Thanks in advance.
I'll warm up my right foot for ya tomorrow "E" Haaa !! Haaa !!! Pilates are an amazing workout for core strength.. Good Stuff !!
Oh, and Vista, it is proven that stress will keep stubborn weight on our bellys !!! It has to do with elevated levels of corti-something or other... the word is at the tip of my tongue. argggg !!!!! They say the memory is the first to go !!! :H
Well, I'll talk to ya all tomorrow,, Hugs, We Rock !!!

meditation mama
January 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hello, my friends!

I didn't get to my workout today again as I still didn't feel good. I will get to it tomorrow, I am sure, though. My mouth is finally healing... SHESH.. what a pain!

HOWEVER... I did weigh myself and I did lose 4 pounds last week YEAH!!!!

So, I am very pumped to keep going. My first goal is 14 more pounds and I want that off as quick as possible. I am going to work hard to get it off PRONTO! Then I will be patient witb the last 10..

Cortisol..that is the word you arelooking for..:)

OK... I'll check in again in a few days...

xoxoxo

MM

MyOwnWoman
January 14th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hey ya'll - I haven't been keeping up with this thread (cuz I haven't been keeping up with my commitment to exercise) - but today's a new day, eh?!

I bought an exercise ball yesterday and worked out with it with the DVD it came with. WOW. This is going to be a great way to tone - especially my core muscles.

I need to get on the elliptical tonight.... ggrrrr. I'll be glad when I have some momentuum worked up. I'm dragging my ass on this stuff.

eustacia
January 15th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Marcie--

Posted by Marcie: "Eustacia, thanks for working out for me yesterday so I could have a day off. Should I tell you I'm taking every day off so you keep it up?"

Not quite yet, Marcie. I'm afraid we'd both end up in trouble!

Judie, where was my kick today?;)

E

memarcie
January 15th, 2008, 06:45 AM
MOW - What is the name of the DVD for the exercise ball? Maybe I need one of those and it will help me get going with mine. I have a book with lots of exercises to do with the ball, but I'm having a hard time with it. I really think between the ball, elliptical, and the bowflex I'm going to be one skinny, in shape chick by this summer!

emily
January 15th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'm in,
went for 30 minute run this morning, then done 30 minutes pilates, going for one hour power walk this afternoon. I doing a one week full on fitness feast to get rid of the wine belly. I will continue after the week (not so full on though) as I'm training for a half marathon in march.

trixietrack
January 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hi all I went to the pool last night and swam for 40 minutes. I was really tired after work but went anyway. it went really well.
i am also watching what I eat and making sure most of what I do eat is green vegetables.
come spring, I am gonna be ready for the beach.

Niblet
January 15th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Good Morning !!!
MM , congratulations on the 4 lb weight loss !!! Yaahooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thanks for helping with the word that was on the tip of my tongue .. hee !! hee !
MOW, maybe you have the tension to tight or you are going too fast on your eliptical.. It is very intense, so take it slow and steady...Don't be discouraged, you will increase your condioning ...Give it time Hon :)
Hey Emily, if that is you on your avator, you look like you are already in marathon condition !!!! Haaa !! Haa !! Keep us posted on your progress. I find that beer is the fastest way to put on a belly for me... I have thankfully lost my taste for the stuff !! Although I enjoy our home made "hooch"... I dilute it with sugar-free gingerale.
Trixie you are doing so well with your healthy eating.. Your body will thank you.
Again, I'd like to ask though, ... could somebody give the measurements of a treadmill ... I'm rearanging my little room and I really think I can fit one in... I saw one in town, but the store was closed.. uggg !!! Have a great day.. I'll stop by a little later.... :)
We Rock !!!! ;)

eustacia
January 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Wow, you guys are stellar!:goodjob:

My goal today is a mere 30 minutes of Pilates.

Good luck to everyone!

:heart: E

vixta
January 15th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi guys, Niblet my treadmill measures 27.5 inches wide and 57 inches long, but I'm sure they vary in size, shop around bet you can get a miniture one! Had a real bad day at work again, but not as bad as yesterday so thats progress! MM congrats on quitting cigs, I'm about 2 weeks off them also and they do stop me from drinking also. Do you find that they make you feel low at all???? I'm wondering if its the tablets causing my depression? Although I'm fairly happy at home. Just work is shit. Niblet could you advise me on the Kudzu when and how much to take. Mine arrived this morn, yay. I ran for 30 mins this morning and am off in a minute for another 30 mins. GUYS What the heck is an 'epilletor' or whatever it is called, this thing that you all speak of???????? Is it a cross trainer? Is it an animal? This is kind of like a diary, I like. Much Love to All, thinking of you, looking forward to checking in again and losing some fat.!
Ciao 4 now
Vix. xx

vixta
January 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry 'Elliptical'. Emily, get you - shaking that ass, can't wait for inspiration from you on your half marathon training, whereabouts in UK are you Emily?
Thanks for advice Niblet much to my horror I am rubbish on my puter and well jealous of anyone like Emily that can do things like a moving avatar and people that post photo's in the gallery, oh the things there are to learn. . . . . . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

panadol
January 16th, 2008, 12:46 AM
emily;255450 wrote: I'm in,
went for 30 minute run this morning, then done 30 minutes pilates, going for one hour power walk this afternoon. I doing a one week full on fitness feast to get rid of the wine belly. I will continue after the week (not so full on though) as I'm training for a half marathon in march.
Hi Emily
I'm training for a half marathon in May!
I've got a long way to go as I started with
a zero running base! This is the biggest
challenge for me not being athletic. Got
any tips? Have you done one before? I
find the mental challenge the hardest.
I'm hoping the training will cut out the
booze consumption just a bit!!! Any
advice gratefully received Cheers Pan

Saint Jude
January 16th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hey Ya'll :goodjob:

Sorry I haven't been down here in a few days... Plus I picked up an extra shift tonight @ work..busier than sh*t!

E- here's your A$$ kickin'!;)

It's been CRAZY here @ our house!:confused: Dog fights, emergency room @ midnight for Hubby's hands being bitten by dogs while fighting...
Never a dull moment...I'll try & tranfer the continueing saga..from the other day...

here it is....

Whew! Had a Hell of a day here @ our house yesterday! I had 2 friends over for hilighting & hair dying/pool playing day... (kinda ..girls day in...)

We were having so much fun Hubby was afraid to come home...he ended up going to the bar to watch a ball game after golfing, to give us more time! LOL ( I answered the phone panting ..because I was on the eliptical, waiting for my hi-lighting to take effect...so when I answered the phone, out of breath... I mentioned I had strange white creamy stuff in my hair... that Jerry or Joe had put there...) Her name is Jari Joe LOL!:H

My poor Hubby .

So later, when we're playing pool. After hubby is home, just when things were starting to wind down. Still don't know what caused it... but our 2 big dogs got in a fight! One of them is a great pyrrenease mix & the other is a rottwieler mix..both BIG! I've never seen them go @ it like that! I grabbed the tail of the Great pyrreneease & was pulling him as hard as I could,..he wouldn't let go of the other dog. Hubby was pulling on rotty...we barely got them apart. Hubby got both hands bitten! We had to take him to the emergency room about midnight. He has puncture bites on both hands, and very sore. They gave him a tetaness(sp) shot and cleaned & bandaged him. Could've been much worse...considering the size of our dogs! It was scarey.

I'm thinking just all of the activity of having company & the new pool table,..the furniture is all moved around... the dogs like to watch the pool balls, and think it's fun to try & get the que ball out when it drops. Gonna have to put a stop to that!

Here's to a calmer day...

memarcie
January 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Oh My! I bought an exercise ball DVD today so I could see some visual instruction as well as the book. It is called the 10 minute solution and has 5 different 10 minute routines to do. I did the lower body and the upper body ones and I'm going to DIE! I didn't even do all of them because I couldn't keep up with the pace on everything. I'll do more tomorrow.

I also did 25 minutes on the elliptical, Holy shit that is 45 minutes of exercise! I can't remember the last time I did that.

I have to say I'm liking getting into this, I keep thinking I don't have time, but I have tons of time now that I'm not sitting at home after work and drinking!

Judie, I hope you have a quieter day.

I thought about training for a marathon as they just kicked off the organized training for a marathon in my city that is in May. I decided that was too much to take on at once. My life is already a ton different that last month even, I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

meditation mama
January 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hello, my fit friends!

I finally got back on the treadmill today after 4 days off becasue of damn tooth! Felt great..

So, feels like I had a stall, but that's OK.

I'll check in tomorrow..

MM

MyOwnWoman
January 17th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Ok - I'm finally with the program!
Yesterday I did the ball workout for the second time, and I got on my elliptical for the third time. The first two times on it I did 5 mins or less, so when I got on last night i was determined to do 6 minutes. And guess what? I did TWELVE minutes!! I was so pleased with myself.
Thanks for all the inspiration you all!

meditation mama
January 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
WTG - MOW!

OMG, Jude.. I am exhausted just reading you last post.. hahaha!

Well, I am trying to get on my treadmill now.. doing some work before work and popped on here for a "minute" you know how that goes.. OK.. LEAVING! :)

check in later...

MM

trixietrack
January 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I am going to the gym again tonite. stretching, I love stretching, maybe I am part kitty.
then I am running on the treadmill and listening to some punk rock (old School) and after that the rowing machines.
The hot guys are always hanging around the rowing machines, not sure why.
hey Jude the moon was in Aries the last few days. that is a very aggressive moon.
I have 2 friends ( a couple) they never ever fight, and they sure got into it the other night.

Niblet
January 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Hi guys, sorry I didn't stop by for the last couple days... We are short staffed right now, because a girl is away... I've been up and gone to work before the sun is up... then I have barn chore, dinner to make... You know how that goes... I haven't done a workout since Tuesday but honestly I run my tail off in the caffeteria I work in for all those hours straight...I have to work another long day tomorrow, then again Saturday at 2 in the afternoon..I'll likely do a morning workout that day.. I miss it terribly !! Waaaa !!!!
You are all doing so amazing !!! I'm really proud of all your progress both with excercise and butting out the cigs too... Yahoooo !!!! Glad to hear you feel better MM..

Oh my gosh Judie, you poor hubby !!! What a scarry experience ??!!!!! I'm so sorry that happened. I hope and pray nothing like that happens again... that is just horrible for you.

Hey Vixta, I used to take 1 kudzu in the morning, then I'd take 1 or 2 around 1 in the afternoon..(I used to crave a drink when I got home from work at 3).... For me this did the trick... We are all so different as to when we crave etc... Maybe start a thread on the holistic healing section to get some more imput... I hope that I've helped you... Maybe log what you take and how it makes you feel so that you can fine tune what works for you. Your attitude is aces though I got to say :)
Thanks for the measurements of the treadmill... I'm gonna grab my tape measure !!!
Hugs and much love guys xxx
We Rock !!!! ;)

trixietrack
January 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
trixie's update

i had a very good day yesterday
stretched and did a ton (60) ab exercises, then swam for 40 mins.
I have been taking 5g of L-glutamine, I think it really does help not just with cravings, but also soreness. Otherwise I would be hurting today.
no booze either, had some green tea and watched a few bad movies after the gym.

Tomorrow is yoga day.

Niblet
January 20th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Good stuff Trixie !! you are doing so awesome !! I take L-glut as well,,, I was wondering, I take about a quarter of a teaspoon.. so how many grammes would that be?
And......... I bought a treadmill today !!!!!!!!! Yahooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a lady that had hers for 2 years but it hurt her knee so she had it for sale..
It's a nordic track with tons of programmes I need to read up on.. I guess I can log on and then make a programme too ??? don't know if I'll be that extreme.. there is even 2 fans to keep you cool with little sponge inserts for aroma therapy. I'm just so excited, and my little excercise room is very FULL as it is one of the longer running surfaces for long strided people.. sorry for rambling , I'm just so tickled pink !!! :) :)
We rock ;)

Niblet
January 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Where is everybody ??? Helloooo ???
Well today I went into work early and didn't stop, so that is basically my workout for today because I'M BEAT !!!! I did go for a gentle stroll on the treadmill and burned one of the potatoes I had for supper...haa !! haaa !! teee e!!!! heeeeee !!!!
Hope everybody is well :)
WE ROCK !!! ;) ps ... I got one of those boxes of cereal by special k with a step counter in it.. I haven't opened up the cereal yet but will, and wear the darn thing to work one day.... hee !! heee !!!

meditation mama
January 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
OK... I'm back.. whew! It's been a whirwind with my tooth, then it got infected, then I had to work all weekend, but I am back on track. I am back to my workout in the morning!

I have lost a total of 6 pounds since I started on january 6th, so I am very happy.. but it is time to get back on the workout wagon!

I will chack in more, sorry for being AWOL. I will take some time int the morning to catch up on the posts...

xooxoxxo

MM

memarcie
January 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM
I feel off the workout wagon over the weekend. However today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and some weights on the bowflex. I am really trying to stick with working out so it will become a habit.

vixta
January 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hi all, sorry not been very good company lately so didn't want to post and be negative. Also I haven't been exercising due to the misery I'm wallowing in!!! I feel like I'm being targeted at work and unfairly picked on, so it's really getting me down!! I'm frantically looking for another job, but not having much luck at the mo - not a lot about this time of year. Niblet I thought I might emmigrate to where you live and work where you work as you sound so happy! I used to be like that - happy. I just had a look where abouts you are Niblet, are you in a city? Do you walk to work? I'm seriously thinking of getting out of sales but I get a company car and fuel and phone etc, but i guess if your not happy it's not worth it anyway. We already have a family car so who needs 2!! I have been to see the doc and he says it may be the Chantix causing the depression so its time to come off them now!! YIKES scared that I'll start throwing back the wine and smoking again!! Gonna start my running again this weekend as i've put 5 pounds on comfort eating since stopping, last time i ran was last Thursday. Here's to happier days for me. Come back everyone.
Vix xx

trixietrack
January 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
swimming today. I am also bringing a buddy to the gym with me. Made an appointment to get
some help with the free weights. The ab exercises are really helping my posture.
I feel very good and I am at that point where I feel strange if I don't work out.
much luck to all my friends.

let's keep this going.

Trix

trixietrack
January 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Niblet;258193 wrote: Good stuff Trixie !! you are doing so awesome !! I take L-glut as well,,, I was wondering, I take about a quarter of a teaspoon.. so how many grammes would that be?
And......... I bought a treadmill today !!!!!!!!! Yahooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a lady that had hers for 2 years but it hurt her knee so she had it for sale..
It's a nordic track with tons of programmes I need to read up on.. I guess I can log on and then make a programme too ??? don't know if I'll be that extreme.. there is even 2 fans to keep you cool with little sponge inserts for aroma therapy. I'm just so excited, and my little excercise room is very FULL as it is one of the longer running surfaces for long strided people.. sorry for rambling , I'm just so tickled pink !!! :) :)
We rock ;)2.5g

memarcie
January 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
I want to get to that point Trixie, where I feel weird if I don't work out.

Niblet
January 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the L-glut info Trixie :)
Yep, since last spring I've been an avid workout person... Although I've always been very active with areobics etc, I hadn't been very regular until that last maybe7 months or so... I like to workout 5 or 6 times a week...Thankfully with this new lifestyle I am back to where I was in highschool again... Although, scooping horse poo daily is pretty good for the arms. I feel just aweful if I don't get my workout in. I'm soooooooo enjoying my treadmill :)
Trixie, I too am now able to do abdominals... For the last 17 years I've had really bad back problems and was unable to do ANY abdominals atall !!! I now do 80 various crunches and I feel so much stronger !!! I too have better posture it's true that it helps... Although my lower back has lost a titch of it curvature (sp) *^*^$$%^ !!! That ticks me off !!! Oh well, I no longer am bedridden in pain.

Oh MM, one time I had a "dry socket" as it was termed... That is where the bone is exposed when a tooth is pulled... You talk about PAIN !!! That happened on a Friday and I suffered until 8:00 Monday morning... I couldn't sleep or anything... I feel for you Hon... Congratulations on 6 pounds lost !! Yahoooo !!! that is really awesome !!!
So I did a really good workout this evening as well as yesterday.
Tomorrow I have to go into work early, so I will see how my day goes ... I may just walk for a half hour while watching something on the TV.

Oh Vixta, I would be an absolute HOOT if you and I lived near eachother eh ????
I live in a very small community, well actually we live about 4 miles on the outskirts of a small community.. Our closest neighbours house cannot been seen unless you are upstairs peeking over the tops of a tree... I can see Martins' Farm Silo also... We have some Mennonite neighbours that are really friendly people... We live about 35 minutes from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and the air is fresh and clean !!! We can see the stars if there aren't too many clouds in the sky... We have deer that come into our yard, and eat my damn garden I might add... I work in our local highschool caffeteria that is about a 9 minute drive from our home. Our two boys go there so it's really neat to see them at work.
Our property is 38 acres that is mostly treed however we have about 2 or 3 acres cleared for our 2 horses. It is your typical dirt country road with homes far between. We have nice neighbours. Boy oh boy can I ever ramble.... I hope that you find a really fun job because you deserve to be happy.. Life is too short my friend. xxx
Before you know it Marcie, you will always try to sneak in your workout despite a busy life... It does happen Hon... Keep up the good work.. You are doing just great... Remember that good feeling you have after a workout ??? Well as you are getting ready to workout, visualize "that feeling".... Hope that helps you..
WE ROCK !!!!! ;)

trixietrack
January 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I have a guest over and have been working late the last 2 days. will resume my exercise program starting tomorrow.
I walk every day about 2.5 miles, that includes the stairs in the subway.
let's keep this thread going guys!

Niblet
January 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Good for you Trixie !!!
I did an awesome workout yesterday, but will take today off. Our son taught me how to set an exact speed on my treadmill... Leave it to a child to teach you technical things eh? I'm really loving the incline etc... Lets keep on keepin on guys !!!
WE ROCK ;)
Spring time is coming !!!!!!!

USMgirl
January 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Well guys......looks like I'm the one who has failed terribly after all....the trip to see my family got me all backwards....had health emergency with an employee (one of our store managers... my first day back (yep...his heart!), had play-off parties where I drank too much which made me feel like shit....just have now, the last few days been feeling better....we had snow last week-end! IN MISSISSIPPI! That was really a delight for us!!! I feel like I was getting depressed...oh yeah!!! The 'ole treadmill DIED!!!! That is what REALLY threw me off!!! But my sweet hubby says we can buy a new one TODAY!!! I've been looking at the new Nordic Track online......he wants to start working out too......after the Super Bowl!! :H
We are off to pick up his children and hopefully can find one. If not, I guess we'll order on line.....
It's GREAT to hear how well everyone has been doing.....I'm inspired once again...:h

FYI: Our manager is well....he had a stent trying to collapse...he has four already...they replaced and he is ok.

trixietrack
January 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
hi everyone I haven't been here a few days. I have been walking a lot and had a nice swim. I am starting to feel really strong.
I will be in Colombia for the month of February. so I will be swimming in the caribbean sea and getting rid of the pale winter look. I am very excited.
hope you are all doing well and keeping yourselves healthy.

Niblet
January 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Wow Trixie!!! what a treat to swim in the Caribbean !!! sound just so beautiful !!!
USMgirl, if you and your hubby invest in a nordic track treadmill you will not regret it !!! It is quite large though so make sure you have the space... There are various treadmill that Nordic track make with different price ranges. My Nordic track has an adjustable suspension on the walking surface. eg, It can range from pavement to softer ground which makes it easier on the joints. Good luck treadmill shopping !! I'm glad the you are feeling better after that "toot" you went on... Makes a person appreciate being sober and healthy eh?
I've not posted because I do the same workout 5 or 6 times a week.. Although one change is that now in the morning before coffee, I go on the treadmill in my jammies for 5 minutes.. it not only revs up the metabolism, but loosens my sometimes stiff back... I then do my regular 30 min. cardio, abs and then 4 times per week the bowflex... I find that now I even do a longer cardio because I just absolutely LOVE this treadmill... I use a heartrate monitor, so I stay in my fat burning, cardio training range for the duration.
My little saying for today is, " Not even a donut tastes as good as being slim/strong/trim/positive/flexible/ or energized feels !!!!!! "
WE ROCK !!! ;)

trixietrack
January 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
hey niblet. i like the treadmill as well. I usually go for about 30 mins 2 times a week.
it really helps the metabolism like you said. it is such a great high too. I have heard it helps your organs re generate.

tonight I will walk a mile then stretch and swim for 25 mins. niblet you sound like a healthy one.

my diet has been a little off lately, maybe it's the cold. I am craving carbs and sugar like crazy.

USMgirl
January 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Niblet, you are absolutely awesome!! I've been reading threads I've missed lately and your home sounds just like paradise!!!! I've never shoveled "poop" before, but it sounds like it could be one hell of a work-out! :H
We did end up getting a new Nordic Track! It's awesome! It has the adjustable cushioning on it for joint safety. I like that! Also, a ton of work-outs and the new "iFIT" programs. I love it! I have some "poundage" to lose before May....hubby and I have beach trip planned already. All those new bikinis I bought two years ago will be back out by then!!!! (I hope...)

Jude, I hope your hubby's hand is all better....that must have been terrible...to have your dogs fighting each other!!! I hope they are both ok! I think I'm WAY to over protective of my little Cooper. If anything were to happen to him.....I don't even want to think about it....I love being a "dog person" don't you??? :h

Keep up the good work, yall!!!!! I REALLY need the inspiration!!!!!! :H
See yall later! :thumbs:

Saint Jude
January 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hey you "Sweatie Betty's":H
Did ya miss me?
I'm just settling back in from my quik trip to Arizona. I ended up helping a friend drive a U-haul truck 12,000 mi cross country, full to the gills (including a pool table w/ 4 slabs weighing 175 lbs each!) Which we unloaded ourselves! Talk about a workout!
It sounded like a fun roadtrip ... at first.:cool:
We did have fun. But it was a LOT of work.

Glad to be home. Got back just in time to change & get my butt to work!:confused:
Finally unpacked, and settling back in. That trip really kinda wiped me out... I think I actually wore down the "Durecell Bunny"

Starting to re-charge a bit now...

OK off to elipticle a bit...:pinkele:

trixietrack
January 31st, 2008, 03:50 PM
yeah st jude is back.
i will take today off. eating a salad for lunch no booze tonight

Niblet
January 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hi guys !!!
Welcome Back Jude !!!!! so good to have you back home !! Sounds like you're glad to be back too... :) That's right !!!! I forgot !! how IS your hubbys hand healing???

Trixie, thanks, I do believe in being aware of everything that goes into my body (except the alcohol which is much much less now) God only gave me one chance with this body and I want it to serve me well into my late late years hopefully.

USMgirl !!! congratulations on your purchase !!! My Nordic Track sounds like it might be the same as yours... It has the iFit Program too...with a built in fan directed at you... Although honestly I haven't used the ifit yet.. I've used one of the fatburning programs but I actually just like the incline at 4 and then I walk around 3.5- 3.7 miles perhour... very nice pace that gets the old heart rate right up there. I still use the eliptical for 8 minutes and then the recombent bike for 8 minutes too. They aren't collecting dust... Haa !! Haa !!
Yep, scooping horse stalls everyday helps my arms and back I think. I hardly notice it atall as I've done it most of my life. More than anything I find working out in the barn relaxing... my little peaceful place to be :) This morning I walked on the treadmill in my jammies for 8 minutes instead of 5.. It is a really nice way to wake up,,, smelling coffee wafting up the stairs. :)

Trixie, enjoy your delicious salad sans alcohol Sweetie !! Tonight hubby and I had venison, toss salad (fat-free dressing), seafood salad (fat-free sourcream & light miracle whip dressing) diet blackcurrent pop by Presidents' choice (no-name) Yummmm !!!
Tomorrow I have to work at 7 in the morning because we have a staff luncheon to cater to at the highschool... It is exam week so the kids are home but the teachers are all there..
Take Care and Keep on Keepin On !!!!!
WE ROCK !!!!!!! ;)

USMgirl
February 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hey Yall!!! The treadmill is awesome! Niblet, I haven't tried to iFIT yet either. I think I better go week or so just doing some light run/walk intervals at small incline and slow speed...then I may be ready to crank it up!!!! I felt really good on it this morning! Went 42min and then did abs.....(I know they are in there somewhere!) :H
I'm trying to stay positive while I'm working out and not JUST thinking about how much weight I've gained! YUCK!!! Hey! It's the first day of a new month!!! Anything is possible!

Love to you all from the south!:h

memarcie
February 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm back(hanging my head).

After being a slug for the past 2 weeks and not doing much exercise I am feeling like crap! I gained back 2lbs(yea, half of the big 4lbs I lost so far this year, LOL). I was pretty disgusted trying on clothes at the store yesterday.

I need to keep doing this and make it a habit. I wish that it was warmer outside and I could walk the dog. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical after work today and it felt great.

Niblet
February 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
HEY MARCIE'S BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooooooo Hoooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 pounds, heck I can shit that after a good strong cup of coffee !!! :H
Don't look at the scale Hon,,, work on changing that sluggish metabolism and eat healthy without leaving any food groups out... Eat whole grain bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white, and get in the all important water. You'll do just awesome and be fitting into those lovely clothes in no time !!! Chin Up:h Slow and steady.

Right on USMgirl !!! :goodjob:
I'm not a jogger atall because it kills my back and then I'm laid up for about 4 days with a bad back... I do enjoy walking super fast though... I usually walk between 3.5- 3.7 miles per hour with a #4 incline. I have a heart rate monitor and my heartrate stays right around 135-140 ... What do you like to use for incline or speed? Maybe with you jogging though you might just leave it level?
Today I did my usual workout, 7 minutes on the eliptical, 7 minutes on the recombent bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill, 80 various ab crunches, bowflex for my legs and arms., plus scooping out the barn.
It would sure be nice to get some new recruits eh guys ???
We Rock !!!;)

Niblet
February 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
ps, I have short legs, so maybe 3.7 miles an hour is slow for you... haa !! haaa !!!

memarcie
February 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Niblet, I usually go 4 - 4.5 mph on the elliptical without any incline. I've done incline a couple times so I don't have a problem doing that. I figured once I got in the habit of using the elliptical then I would change up the routine some.

My MIL bought our recumbent bike a couple years ago. She just told me that it is uncomfortable for her and she was going to sell it. Well I am going to get it back from her and use that as well.

Niblet
February 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Right ON Marcie !!! I really love the recombent bike !!! You are doing really well, Keep up the good work :)

This morning I woke up with a super D duper stiff back ... arggg !!!!
So, I put on a show and hopped right on the treadmill in my jammies for 9 minutes while my coffee was being made.. My back now feels awesome !!! Today for laughs and giggles I put on the step counter that I got out of a special k cereal box. It doesn't take long to rack up the steps... I already have 2332 steps logged and I haven't even done my "real" workout yet.. I've only had that 9 minute walk and then did my barnchores... I'm just curious to see what a typical day in steps is for me. Have an awesome day everybody !!
WE ROCK !!!! ;)

Saint Jude
February 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Geez I thought I'd posted down here yesterday...:confused:
But I sure don't see it.
Our puter's been doing some strange things lately...
I've been getting back into my routine here. Bouncing on & off of the elipticle through out the day, doing 100 jack-knifes on the ab-lounge, a bit of time here & there on the stair master...and I sit on an exercise ball while I'm at the puter so I do a bit of bouncing combined with side to side, and semi-ab crunches while posting...(Hubby's convinced I'm REALLY NUTS!:cool: ):H

The cafe is closed for a couple of weeks for a bit of a re-model, so I'm not getting my walking excercise in there. But hopefully the weather will be cooperative & I'll be able to do some beach walking/hiking.

Tally-Ho!
:l

PS Niblet, Hubby's hands are fine (MIGHTY FINE! That's why I married him! LOL) thanks for asking!

Niblet
February 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Haaaa !!! Jude, I'm glad to hear that your hubbys hands are still able to "take care of business" ;) You are so wise to fit in excercise throughout your day.. I wish we lived close by eachother because I LOVE walking and hiking !!! We could have a real Hoot .
Yesterday I did my usual workout before work so today I'm taking the day off... Although I will be going to work which is a ton of walking. Likely though tonight when I find something on the TV, I'll hear the treadmill calling to me after barn chores. I'll most likely go for a nice walk then... I'll stop by and post if I do. :) It is soooo sunny out today. Really lifts the spirits... No pun intended.. teee !!heee!!!
So my friends, enjoy your Tuesday and we'll get together again soon :)
WE ROCK !!!! ;)

Niblet
February 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
ps, that day I wore the step counter I logged 10 810 steps, and that was a day I didn't work !!! It doesn't take much to walk the recommended 10 000 steps atall.

trixietrack
February 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM
i have just been walking a lot and preparing for my trip. will return rejuvenated.'

USMgirl
February 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Niblet, just read your post about your stiff back.....it always helps to get blood flowing to anything that is sore! The oxygen flow helps it to heal!!!! I'm not feeling too well today with my lower back.....so I'm gonna do treadmill this pm and then take a HOT bath!!!

Hubby and I had WAY too much Super Bowl fun, but have committed to 2 weeks of clean eating, exercise and limited "intake." We have a fancy fund-raiser to go to and neither one of us wants to try on nice clothes right now!!! Maybe in two weeks, we'll have lost a little water weight! HA!:H

Saint Jude
February 7th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Does playing pool count as exercising?:H
Now that we have a pool table in the living room I've kind of incorporated that into my workout circut...in between the ab-lounge and elipticle I shoot a few balls here & there... I don't seem to be making much improvement with my aim... but once in a while I get lucky.:cool:(in other ways too..just not often enough!)

I have a T-shirt that says, "I still miss my EX,.. but my aim is getting better" it's got a "pistol toting cowgirl" on it.;)

Niblet
February 8th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Haaa !!! Haaa !!!! Jude, that is so funny about your T-shirt !! Before long you will be a pool shark... and a fit one at that !! :)
When do you leave for your trip Trixie ? You must be sooo excited !!
USMgirl, yep I love to walk out a sore back...It really helps... You go girl !!! shed that water weight !!!
I've not posted but I do my usual workout before work.. I don't find it boring because I watch TV. I may take today off because I have baking to do etc... Take Care everybody,
WE ROCK !!!! ;)

meditation mama
February 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hey, ladies!

I'M BACK! Sorry for being AWOL, I have been sick and just feeling like emotional dog do-do. I have remained on my diet, remained AF, but haven't been exercising. I am still batteling a lung issue - OMG, it is never ending this year! But I am planning to hop back on the exercise wagon on Monday.

I have good news, though! I have lost 10 pounds since Jan 5th!! Yeah.. Clothes are fitting so much better - I feel great, and I am sure my exercise will be greatly improved by the loss...

I'll check in more ofter. You guys are a great inspiration..

Have a wonderful day...

Namaste,

MM

USMgirl
February 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hey fitness buddies!!! I've been sore this week! Jumped in a little too hard, I'm afraid but should be able to do treadmill work tomorrow. I'm gonna try and go a little slower but longer...we'll see. I really want to get serious about my ab work. I think I'm gonna shop for a new DVD or something more challenging than my usual routine!

Hey Jude! Love the t-shirt hon! And hell yes! I think pool should be ruled in as a work-out! My hubby is an awfully GOOD player! But I never play with him! Maybe I should start!

Yall have a good one! I'm off to the Harley shop with hubby! ;)

Niblet
February 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Good Day everybody :)
I'm sorry that you have been sick MM... On the other hand congratulations on your 10 pound weightloss... You are doing soooo awesome !!!!

Yep, USMgirl, take it a little easier for a longer period of time and you will kick in all those fatburners...Listen to your body. Yesterday I did take the day off, but will do a complete workout, cardio, abs, bowflex today :) Onward !!!!

Jude, I just want to say that I'm so very sorry to hear about you and Scott having to bring one of your dogs to the animal shelter.. He will find a loving home that will have him as an only "child" I'm sure... Guys,,, Jude and Scotts' dogs got into another horrible fight which could have had either Jude or Scott possibly maimed for life.. they did the responsible thing as a pet owner... I feel your pain, and know that I would have done the exact thing as you in those circumstances. Know that I'm thinking of you and wish I could wrap my arms around you, and give you a hug xxx

bjor88ste
February 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hello USMgirl and everybody else,
I am in!! My first day of MWO is tomorrow, so is my workouts. Till about a year ago, I would run 5-6 miles a day, but motivation ran out and the wine went in. Dec. 07 came around, so did a couple of serios accidents. Will have to start by walking 1-2 miles, then get back to running. Can't wait to see how we all progress - great idea! This will keep me (us) motivated (and obligated). I want my bikini bod back, so I can truly enjoy summer.

USMgirl
February 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi guys! It's like summer down here today!!! Man, I can't wait for a tan!!!
Did my treadmill this morning and kicked ass!! So much for taking it easy......I pushed hard. But took an ALEVE shortly after! HA! I have just GOT to get some weight off!!
Hubby and I are going to formal gala next week-end and I can't fit into anything!!! UGH!
'Went shopping today and nothing fit! I hate it!!!!
'Guess it's time to go girdle shopping!!! :H :H

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week-end!!! Oh Jude, sorry to hear about your pup. I know that must be hard...from one dog lover to another......I'm thinking about you! :l

Saint Jude
February 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks you guys.:h
I wish I'd just spent the day on the elipticle & stayed off of the puter today.
Not a good day to be here...:upset:
Mean people REALLY SUCK.
Sure makes you appreciate the lovable ones all that much more though.:l

lookingforhope22
February 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Count me in also... i try and walk 45min a day but what to ramp it up this week and do a couple of days at the gym and maybe include another day of a 45 min walk.

Looking forward to replacing booze with fitness.

Keep you posted - good luck with your golas this week

Niblet
February 13th, 2008, 07:42 AM
A B I G Welcome Bjor and Hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
We are all so happy to have you join our group.

Oh Jude , Honey I hate that for you... :( How could anybody possibly add insult to injury !!???? You and Scott did the "ONLY" responsible thing you could do, and it is honestly tearing your hearts out as it is.... I'm soooo sorry you have to experience these narrow minded "people"... Take Care and Know I love you xxx

P. S.... Been faithfully doing my regular workouts, 5 or 6 days a week..
WE ROCK !!!! ;)

Thinking of you Jude. xxx

Cinders
February 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Hi, Everyone,

I absolutely DO NOT WANT to be involved in workout partners. I used to run 5 miles/day and was really fit and fabulous. Today I am too creaky and old to do much more than type and eat.

I have great jaws and great hands.

However, I did need to jump in tell Judie, Please don't let what someone said about your decision hurt you. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

I love dogs. Absolutely. However, one must use their brains when dealing with them. If your babies were fighting so badly that we are talking injuries, one has to go. It is that simple. THAT SIMPLE. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!

I used to have two Great Pyrennes. BIG DOGS!! They were truly gentle giants but at first when we introduced the second there was a tense week while they determined "alpha/beta" and it was scary. If it had continued and neither had learned dominance, we would have taken back the "new" one. We were blessed because the 150 lb male finally decided he was submissive to the 120 lb female. :H

Some people simply do not understand dogs. They are not people, they are dogs and you must treat them as such. (Which means in many ways they are superior to us people...)

I would never keep a dog that was a danger to my other dogs or my family. Even if I totally loved that dog. (and believe me, I totally love any dog I get, or cat for that matter..:confused: )

So, you guys go on and work out. I'll sit here and keep working my fingers and jaws. LOL

Judie, you did the right thing and you did it well. :l :l

Love,
Cindi

Niblet
February 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Cindi , you always know EXACTLY what to say !!!! :) You are such a darlin'... xxx

Niblet
February 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hello ??? Anybody wanna come out to play??? I didn't do my workout yesterday because I was sooooooo busy... I'll do it maybe later today or forsure tomorrow... :) Sometimes you need a day of two off... It does a body good to rest and relax a bit :) Ahhhh !!!!!!!

Niblet
February 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Where are you Bjor and Hope ??? How is your workouts going guys ?... I'm going to do a full workout today as I've had 2 days off and guys... It is a way of life and I MISS IT !!!
It does happen that excercise becomes just like brushing your teeth.... Honest... A goat would lie to ya !!! Come on guys !!!!! Lets do this darn thing together....
Even if you only do 10 minutes, I'd love to hear about it... share your feelings, your sore muscles, your ups and your downs... We Rock !!! ;) XXX from the "Special Agent Spy Goat"... Haaa !!! Haaa !!! Tee eee!! Heeeeee !!!!!!!!

USMgirl
February 29th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Gosh Niblet, it looks like we've all fallen off our exercise high horse!!!!
I have been working out consistently with my hubby for two weeks.....have just been neglecting my postings and such.
The treadmill is still awesome! I'm doing high intensity intervals, some weight work and have kicked up my ab work lately.
Where is everyone? Spring fever has got us all crazy down here! We all just want to stay outside all the time!
I do hope we can keep this going......hugs to you all from the South!:h

4theboyz
March 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'm waiting for all this damn snow to melt so I can get back out running. In the mean time I'm getting back to yoga and core work to help squeeze out those toxins from my poor poor liver.

Any exercise is good to also keep those endorphins crankin' for the right reasons and burn away that negative energy. Rock on everybody!

Kirova
March 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
This snow's gotta go! On the otherhand, perhaps now is a good time to take advantage of the end-of-season sales and buy me some snowshoes. Lord knows there are plenty of opportunities to blaze new trails!

USMgirl
March 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hey guys! Great to have you along! It's hard to imagine waiting for the snow to melt! Down here it's gorgeous and warm today! BUT!!! I'm stuck inside with some kind of damn chest cold! UGH! My hubby and I were gonna ride today, but I decided I better not! He went on instead.....damn it.
Anyway, I like the idea of doing core work to squeeze out the liver toxins!!!! I'll keep that in mind! HA! I think I might do some yoga today. I should be able to do that much while I'm sick.
Keep the faith! The snow will eventually melt and the summer is on it's way!!!!!
Yall have good one!

USMgirl
March 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
New avatar!

Guys! Check out my new avatar! I'm diggin' it!
It kinda reminds me of how I feel when I wake up WITHOUT a hangover, clear headed and feeling good!!! It motivates me so I think I'll keep it for a while!!!!!

Niblet! Hope you are having a good time this week-end! 'Can't wait to hear from you next week! :crazymonkey:

cowgal
March 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
yep

:thumbs:Usmgirl, yep, that is about how I feel in the am now that I am AF!! Go girl!!

Glad to meet you, had a healthy, work-out weekend.............lifted wieghts on Sat (shoulders) and did the eliptical Sat and Sunday...............sat out by the pool yesterday and got some rays (always makes me feel good!) and walked the cross-country course for the Red Hills Horse Trials (pre-olympian horse trials I will be working at on 3/15/08!!) and just feel so "in shape" as opposed to how I felt about 2 weeks ago!!:happy:

Good to meet you again, and Niblet, I hope you had a good weekend!! Everyone else, join in and let's beat the statistics here!;)

Love ya!!:h

Hugs,

MA

Niblet
March 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hello Everybody !!!!
Yep I'm definately diggin' that new avator USMgirl !!!! It is all you !!!!
I love how happy you sound ladies !!! Cowgal in "our day" my quarterhorse, Cody and I used to jump courses with some of the jumps being 3 foot 8 inches high... He is now in his 30 th year and is happily retired here on our little hobby farm along with his girlfriend Milley-Mae.. a workhorse mix. We still reminice about our times together...giggle giggle. He was my first horse that has been my best friend now for 22 years. xxx
So, camp was alot of fun... I walked almost halfway in with the dogs on Saturday and then shovelled alot of snow... Sunday I didn't do a whole lot except barn chores. Today I'll be doing my regular workout that I miss so much !!! Doesn't it feel good to workout? Have a great day :)

cowgal
March 3rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
ow!!

I just banged my new knee into a desk, OUCH!!! I have ice on it now, but walking down the stairs to my office was quite painful!! I hope that this doesn't keep hurting, and am afraid to work out, afraid I will further injure it............................:upset:

I will hopefully work out at the gym (at least lift weights and work my chest and triceps) I guess.................:confused:

Let's keep on going..................

Niblet, cool that you used to jump, I tried it when young and "in my day" too.............now I just trail ride, all this "old gal" really wants to do at this point of my life..:cool:

Hugs,:l

MA

trixietrack
March 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
I lost my membership at the gym. have been spending a lot of time stretching and walking. I will do Yoga until April when my membership starts again.
staying above water but it ain't easy.

Trix

USMgirl
March 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Cowgal!!! AWESOME that you can get out in the sun!!! Man!!! The thought of some rays on my fit new bod just makes me all warm and smiley!!! 'Wish I was out there with ya!!! Welcome to our group! I love to hear about Niblet's farm and chores, etc!!! And I'm just as excited to hear all about your horse riding!! That is incredible.....I've always been a little afraid of them. But my brothers all ride and my boss has a huge horsefarm here so I guess the opportunity is there if I ever want to try to get up on one!!! We'll see....I'm really just learning how to hang onto the back of a Harley-Davidson!!! :H

Nib!!!!! Glad to have you back!!! I've missed you!
I'm off to hit the treadmill, girls! I've been sick but feel like I'm over it now....gonna do some cardio, abs and GGOOOODD long stretches!
Oh yeah! Hubby just bought him some "perfect pushups!"......he is supposed to break them in this pm.....we'll see!!!!!
Yall have a good one!!!!!! :goodjob:

USMgirl
March 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Trixie!!! I almost forgot.....just remember....doing anything is better than doing nothing! Especially if you're doing it without AL.

And hey, keep your head up friend....the water may not be a deep as it seems!!! Good luck!!! :)

Niblet
March 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Arggg !!! I made a fancy, dancy post and then it wouldn't post !!!
Oh well !!!
Thank-You so much for the warm welcome home.. You all are the best !!!
Trixie, walking is the most perfect excercise... keep stepping one foot in front of the other and let us know your progress :) We love having you here !!! xxx
Did the ice help your knee Cowgal? Ouch !! that's gotta hurt !!! Trail riding is something that I haven't done for awhile now because my horse is so old... You sound so good !!!

USMgirl, is the perfect pushups those loop type things that are attached to the floor? Hope that you are over that flu or cold... Listen to your recouping body as your do your routines...

So, today I did 25 minutes on the treadmill with some of those minutes at a slow jog..felt really good, but will see how I'm feeling tomorrow... Then I did 70 abdominals, and bowflex for my arms and legs... It feels soooo good to be back in my gym. :) Tomorrow I have to be at work at 7 am, until 2:30, so that running around will likely be my workout...
I'll stop by to cheer you all on tomorrow just the same though.
Hugs, and keep up the good work ;) xxx

USMgirl
March 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Nib, the pushups are two round discs with handles on top and as you go down, the handles turn so your wrist are working in the movement.....they are all over tv and the internet...as well as pharmacies and Wal-mart.....he didn't know he could go up the street and buy them when he ordered them online! HA!

Cowgal, hope the knee is better! Remember RICE, rest, ice, compression and elevation!!!! Let us kow how you feel!

I did 42 min on treadmill, 2/2 intervals of run/fast walk....4-5% incline, starting at 3.8mph and working up to 4.2! Also did killer set of abs and WONDERFUL stretches! Now I'm off to fix up a little fish and veggies for hubby and me! He's on the treadmill as I type this......I love it when he sweats!!! :h

'Night, yall! I'm Af today. It feels good.

viking1975
March 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
I was a wrestler in highschool and a baseball player..i really need to work out again..thanks for the inspiration to get back at it..my old ass 31 body has a little life yet...great thread..and great inspiration....AF free 2 days now

cowgal
March 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
better

The knee is all better, I iced it and elevated it alot yesterday, worked out on it last night and it didn't bother me at all, in fact I am getting my muscle back in my quads!!YEAH!!:yay:

Worked out my chest and triceps yesterday and today will be just aerobics at lunch and this evening..................work it!!!!:thumbs:

MA:h

Niblet
March 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
3 Wheeler lol1004

Niblet
March 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
3 wheeler lol 004

Niblet
March 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome Viking !!! 31 AWww heck, you're still wet behind the ears !!! Haa !!! Haaa !!! good for you on 2 days AF !!! stick with us and we won't lead you astray ;)

You ladies are doing awesome I might add !!! Woooo Hoooooo !!!!
USMgirl, do you stay at 3.8-4.2 miles an hour for the duration of your workout ??? That is awesome !!! I use a heart rate monitor and stay right around 135-160 for the duation of my cardio. Although when I'm on the treadmill I'm walking at 3.6 miles per hour at a 4% incline... I jog only around 4.2 for 1 minute stints at this time to see how my back is going to like it.. :) So far so good .

Cowgal, I'm soooo happy that you didn't do any bad damage to your knee ... scarry though eh?
So, today I went into work bright and early with only a couple quick breaks so I think I'll hop back in my gym tomorrow...
Keep up the good work !!!
Hugs,xxx

Niblet
March 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry, the other 2 posts were a couple pictures I wanted to share... Anybody know how to put a picture in ? It asks for a "" URL " Not sure what that is... oops :)

cowgal
March 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
nope

sorry Niblet, I have to have my son help me when I want to insert a pic, so can't help you there! Where is everyone trying to stay in shape!? Went to gym and worked out here yesterday, feel like today may be a day off, since my chest cold is settling in and not feeling that well, didn't sleep well cuz I was coughing all night!! YUCK!!! going to doc at 1:45 PM today, so hopefully antibiotic will KICK IT OUT of me!!:fingers:

Keep me posted as to how you are doing in work-out area Niblet and everyone else!! I am w/ ya!! Let's go!!! Knee is fine now, it's the cold that has me down, but not for long!!:pray:

Go guys!!:pinkele::cheering

MA

Niblet
March 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Take Care of that cold Cowgal... Rest up and you'll be back in no time xxx
I have a spare bedroom that has been redone in pine that is now my little home gym... I have a TV in there with satelite cable attached.. I have to bring the remotes upstairs so that nobody changes the channel on me though ;)
My barn is also a good place for excercise... I did that workout already and smell like it too !!! Haa !!! Haa !!! I need some breakfast and then will do a workout...
Hope that you sleep better tonight Cowgal xxx

trixietrack
March 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I am just walking a lot lately seems to help keep me out of trouble. will resume my workout schedule in April.

Niblet
March 5th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Walking is so good for the heart (literally) and the soul Trixie,,,, Good for you !!! Do you walk a dog? What kind of terrain do you see? Are you in a city, a town or country side? I love love walking and if I lived near you, wowwy What a Time we would have walking and Yacking !!! :)
Today I did my usual workout with more jogging on the treadmill than last time... I did 33 minutes of cardio, 70 abs and bowflex for my arms and legs... Barn chores for my arms and back... giggle giggle.
How is our newest workout partner viking doing? We are all pulling for you !!!
Hugs everybodyxxx I have to go into work a little earlier than usual tomorrow, so I'll likely only do some cardio... Then it will be the March break and no work/school until March 17 th... Yahoooo !!!
Bye for now ;) xxx

cowgal
March 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
better

A little better now, worked out for 30 min yesterday, intend to do 30 min and back and biceps, then yoga (don't do entire class due to healing knee, but get alot of stretching in.........)

Everyone, hope you are doing well..............trixie, walking is great exercise, heck anything is better than sitting around doing nothing AND drinking!!! ICK!!! No thank you !!:no:

Hope you all hit your fitness goals today..................:)

Nibs, wish I had a barn to work in, hubby still hasn't built one...........besides, I have heard the barn is really for the owner, not the horses, they don't seem to mind not having one.
They have a lean-to to go under when it rains and seem to like that enough. ;)

love,:h

MA

trixietrack
March 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
walk every single day. the subway has all sorts of stairs you have to climb to get in and out from underground.

I noticed a big difference while I was on vacation that I don't think much of the 2 miles I do back and forth to work, but coming back I could tell that it was a little harder to run up and down the subway stairs.

last night I did a little yoga at home, the cat was staring at me. I think I gained a little weight from eating so many fried plaintains and coconut rice.

back to my normal diet.

Trix

USMgirl
March 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
GUYS!!! I have relapsed with some BAD BUG!! :yuk: 'Saw the doc today, he said "girl, you are sick. Go home." My little chest cold has turned into something ugly!!! I've got about 5 different meds!! ugh! But I'm so ready to get rid of this congestion, that I will take anything! HA! I told my doc if these didn't work, we'd cut my head off next!!! It's horrible!!!! And the weather is so pretty!!! I want to get outside and play!!!!! UGH!!! Frustating!!!!
How are you Cowgal??? Did you get meds too??? Hope you are feeling better!
I haven't worked out in two days.....just don't feel good and afraid if I get too hot, I'll make it worse...I'm just gonna rest up and aim for being my healthy ole' self again by Sunday!!!

Hey Viking!!!!! How are you? Welcome! Please come be a part of our little support system here!!! Let us hear what you are doing! I love to hear about other people's exercise routines!!!!

Nib, no, I don't keep that speed for the entire work-out. I vary it so that I'm working harder at times and slower at others...the best way for me to lean out!
Gosh, I wish I had some spring vacation coming up!! That sounds heavenly!!!!
Yall keep up the good work! I'll be back in the game soon!!!!!!

Saint Jude
March 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hi everybody!
I've been fighting that same damn bug for the past 3 weeks!:upset:
Needless to say I haven't been working out much at all. Pretty much just coughing my lungs out, trying to force myself to eat a little something now & then & trying to sleep when I'm not hacking out a lung!
I think it's finally getting better, but it's a real bitch of a bug!
I missed a week & a half of work, but have been back since last week, barely...

USMgirl, hope you're back to being healthy soon.

You too cowgal.

Hope everybody else is doing well.
Huge hugs,
Judie

cowgal
March 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
got meds

I got antibiotic and tussin X(supposed to stop the cough, but doesn't work!!!) have been taking since Wed, but last night up all night coughing again!! I feel like a medicine head, cuz I am taking all this OTC stuff, Dayquil, niquil at night, allegraD, flonase, these cough tussin X "pearls" and the antibiotic!!! And still feeling like SH*T!!! poor Judie, 3 weeks!!! YIKES!!!! I am supposed to leave for vacation in 3 weeks, hope I am better by then!

BUT I haven't stopped this from working out! I took a yoga class last night, me and a few others coughed through the entire class (??!!!) It is allergies for most, I am starting to wonder about myself, cuz other than the stupid cough and post nasal drip I feel fine, BUT THIS COUGH IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Good thing it makes me NOT want to drink, cuz beer usually makes my sinuses worse!

Anyway, will do eliptical today for about 40 min or so, and some abs...............

Calling my doc NOW!!!!

love you guys, feel better soon USMgirl and Judie!!!!

Hey Nibs and Viking, how are you guys today!!??

MA

USMgirl
March 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Jude!!! 'So good to hear from you! SO sorry you have been sick for so long!!! My doc actually told me to expect another week or so.....but I DO feel some better today!! The first morning that I've gotten up without COMPLETE congestion!!!
BUT.....had a reaction to new prescription cough syrup last night!!! I was hugging the toilet at 2am!!! That has never happened to me before! Guess I won't be taking that medicine again! duh.

Cowgal, my doc told me that an anti-biotic wouldn't help me....mine is viral! UGH....so hope you get well before your vacation!!! Try and rest and maybe not work-out so much. Your body may just need to rest and heal!

I'm shooting for Sunday! Maybe I'll get on treadmill for easy walk....we'll see!

Yall have a good week-end!!!! So glad we are all posting through our illness and injury!!!! HA!
:hug:

Saint Jude
March 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
My Doc said the same thing. It's viral & anti B's wont help it. It's just gotta run it's course.
I have been taking echinachia and zicam though, as well as lots of vitamins... not that they seem to be helping...:confused:

Just glad it hasn't turned into pnemonia, like it has for some folks. I guess people have actually been dying from this crap! I can't imagine being elderly & catching this.
I was down about 10 lbs last week but have gained a few back now.
Hope everybody has a great weekend!
:lJudie

cowgal
March 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM
glad

I am glad you are feeling better Judie, and you are right USMgirl, I will take a break for a while and let it work...............turns out I had a sinus infection, the only reason they gave me antibiotics, she checked it. Now I have some Cough syrup that they just called in for me w/ codeine in it, supposed to knock the cough right out...............she said I will sleep well w/ it too, I guess w/ codeine in it,huh?? I will watch it though, I know how the drugs can spark a "craving" SCAREY!! Don't WANT to drink right now, know it will make MORE mucus!!!YUCK!!! Who needs that!!;)

Bye for now, will wait and work out when I feel better.................

Talk to you guys later, maybe not til Mon, have another busy weekend........busy is good though, no time to drink, right!!??:confused:

love:h:l

MA

Saint Jude
March 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hey girls check out the "Horth Withperer" on laughing out loud for a good chuckle... especially you cowgirls...;)

USMgirl
March 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM
:H:H: Jude! That was great!!! I wish I could tell a damn joke!!!!
Hey Cowgal! How's the weather???? I thought about you this morning as I was looking at the gorgeous sunshine! I was wishing I was getting ready to sun by a pool!!!!
It's still too cool here for anything like that!! Hell, parts' of MS got snow last night!!!!!
Anyway, hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!!! I'm still nursing bad cough. Hope I feel like walking tomorrow!!!
:rays: Come on summertime, this girl needs a tan!!!!

Saint Jude
March 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Ya'll.
Had a really nice walk down by the river today with the doggies.
Saw 6 canadian honkers, a great blue heron, & a bunch of ducks.
It's beautiful out today!
I was tempted to throw the kayak in the water, but I still don't quite have my energy back...and I have to work tonight.
Maybe tomorrow if it's nice again;)
Have a great day everybody.
:lJudie

Niblet
March 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Hello everybody :)
Sorry I went AWOL on you... I've been so darn busy since starting my March break... I had to go to town one day, then celebrated hubbys birthday yesterday ... so today I'll do my workout !!! I really don't like it when I miss 2 workouts in a row.

Jude, it's great to see you :)
Wow, you gals are really down with this cold eh? I'm sorry to hear that... Listen to your body and rest up if you need to... eat healthy and your body will thank you.
Cowgal, I think that our weather is likely worse than what you folks get. We still have 2 feet of snow with -30 weather. Winds out of the north, and sometimes even freezing rain... Our horses really need to be brought into a barn as my gelding will be 30 and has lost some of his muscle tone.. When it is -20 or colder at night, he gets a blanket put on him..No need in him using up his little bit of fat stores keeping warm. Our mare on the other hand is really pudgey.
Take good care of yourselves xxx and hope that you are all feeling better today :)

Tigger1
March 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone.... Back off our holiday, straight back into work. It's been really busy, today is the first day I got to the gym. 10 minutes cycle 20 minutes treadmill and 6 minutes rower. Hardwork today, maybe it's the 4 week break from the gym that made it hard....

Reading the past posts I see some of you have been sick, I hope the bugs and virus are leaving you and you are well on the road to recovery...

Take care, and hope you're all feeling better xx.

Saint Jude
March 10th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I did 1/2 an hour on the elipticle today, but broke it up in 15 min intervals, so I could spit & cough...:confused:
Not quite back to my spunky self yet but getting there...;)

cowgal
March 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
feeling better

Hi all, feeling alot better now, ran course of antibiotics, no more green stuff(Sorry, yuck!!) The cough is almost gone too................YAY!!!:yay:

Judie, good to start slow, me too, probably 30 min today.............that's all..............

Nibs, happy Monday, yeah, as far as the horses/weather goes we are a little better off in the winter, I remember when I lived in PA, the blanket was a MUST for my little mare I had.........-50 degrees w/ wind chill and stuff like that, sorry to gripe about the cold, makes me think and remember the northern temps...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................ but the 100 degree days are really hard on them too..........we have some extremes.:cool:

Tigger, welcome back, hope to get to know you here..........;)

Love,:h

MA

Niblet
March 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Ahhhh.... I'm back on track :) :) :)

Welcome Tigger !!! 4 weeks is a fairly long break from the gym, but I love the energy that you have and the passion to be in shape. Good For You !!!

Jude and Cowgal, I'm really glad to hear that you ladies are on the mend again.... Just in time for the onset of spring :)
We woke up to -28 Celcius this morning, but now it is just on the freezing mark with nice bright sunshine.
So, today I did 30 minutes of cardio and then my usual 70 abs along with bowflex for my arms and legs... Feels good to be back on track, although I can sure tell that I've had a few days off ...
I hope that everybody reaches all their fitness and healthy eating goals today, Hugs, xxx

USMgirl
March 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Hey everybody!!!! Tigger!!!! Good to have you back!!!!
I'm better today. I think the cough is almost gone,,,,,it's been three weeks tomorrow! ROUGH!!!! But maybe I'm on the mend!!!
I've got to head out of town this pm, don't know if I'll get my treadmill in, or not.....depends on how late I get home. I DO NOT like to work-out at night!! I refuse.....especially now that we have about 20 hours of daylight!!!!! :H:H

Anyway, 'will check in with yall tomorrow!!! Jude, Cowgal, glad to hear you are on the mend! Isn't it weird that we were all sick at the same time????? Nib, so good to hear from you!!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Hugs to you all!!!!!!! :l

cowgal
March 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
glad

Glad to hear you doing well Nibs, happy birthday to hubby too..............am I too late?? Good to be "back in the saddle" working out, huh??;)

I am really gearing up my workouts cuz since I had been sick hadn't been working out and I think that is increasing my cravings really alot!??:confused:

Tigger, hope you are doing well..............

USMgirl, yeah, it is (not so funny) that we were all sick at the same time, wierd! Feeling WAY better now though, THANK GOD!! :)

Judie, hope you are still on the mend and feeling better and better each day!!

Everyone have a great, fit and healthy Tuesday!!

Mary Anne

Saint Jude
March 13th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Christ!:confused: I finally went to visit my Grandma, she's 99 years old (will be 100 in May) I didn't want to share my cold with her!
She says, "Judie, you don't look so good.":cool:
I told her "Well, thanks a lot Grandma. That means a lot ...coming from a 99 year old woman!" "Shut up & eat your DAMN cake I baked for ya!":H

She just said i looked kinda washed out,...when I normally look so vibrant...Can't get nothin' past her!...She's still really sharp!:h

I do feel a lot better, but still not 100%.
Friggin "Monster bug from Hell!"

OH!! I did score some awsome dresses today @ the thrift store, when I went to the dentist.

I got 2 incredible vintage dresses for $4.25 each! They fit like they're custom made for me! Sequins & beads, lace, ....amazing! Full on vintage TO DIE FOR!!! Don't know where I'll ever wear em..but they fit PERFECT!! Somehow I'll have to get some pics & loud em up!

cowgal
March 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
love to

Judie, I would LOVE to see your dresses, I have alot of clothes I have NO idea where I will wear, but it is fun to have them and wear them around just for fun!

That is something my father in law would say..........."you look like CRAP" and stuff like that, he doesn't mean to be so hard, that is just "his way" though!!:cool:

Nibs, USMgirl and Tigger, where are you !?:confused:

Glad to see you back, I am still working out, but not losing any weight so far, or it doesn't seem like it..................talk about low motivation to stay AF!!?? I used to drop about 5 pounds in a week, it has been 25 days, and nothing!! I guess that is middle-aged for ya!!

MA

PS: heading for Vegas on 3/29...............wish we could meet up again!;)

Saint Jude
March 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
MA, wish we could meet up in Vegas too! that'd be great!
Ever get down to Freemont street when you're there?

It's really neat! You can get a 24 hr bus pass for $5. It'll take you right down there. Awsome light show @ night, on the hour, plus amazing artists & performers...:goodjob:

trixietrack
March 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I am just walking a lot and at a fast pace. got a new yoga mat. I have also started preparing for a juice cleanse. and it's the good kind of juice I am talking about, not the devil's juice.

Niblet
March 13th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hello everybody, I think I forgot to post my Tuesday workout :confused:
My mind is slippin' gears I guess :H ... So on Tuesday I did my usual 30 minutes cardio, as well as 60 abs... No legs or arms that day... After dinner, hubby and I took our two dogs for a nice long walk out in our back bush...the ski-doo trail was packed nice and hard, so I was able to walk in my running shoes... Legs felt very tight and tuckered.

I took yesterday off, but today I did my workout while watching Survivor... I did 35 minutes of cardio (didn't even notice it atall because I was soooo into the show), then did extra abs... 75... then bowflex for my legs and arms... as I was getting ready to leave my little gym the show wasn't quite over, so I walked with a good incline for the last few minutes... Phewwww !!! I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight..
Tomorrow I'm going to camp until Sunday evening. Although it will be soooo great to walk the ski-doo trail in with the dogs.. It usually takes just under a half hour to walk in.
I hope that everybody has a really great weekend :h
Jude, I would give my eyeteeth to have my gramma still... How lucky you are !!! She sounds like an absolute HOOT !!! I can see where you get it from.
See you all Sunday ! xxx

Niblet
March 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hello, Honey I'm Home !!!!
Well, on Friday I walked/jogged into camp with the dogs... It took about 25 minutes of huffing and puffing.... The trail wasn't packed very well, so my legs got a really good workout ... I didn't do a whole lot on Saturday, but then on Sunday I walked/jogged back out on the ski-doo trail... Now, I have a messy barn to clean, so that will be good excercise too.. ;)
I hope that everybody has had a good weekend. Hugs, xxx

Niblet
March 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hello everybody !!!
Today I did 35 minutes of cardio, added another 5 abs, so now I do 75, then the bowflex for my legs and arms... I hope that everybody is doing well and not still sick with the flu xxx
My legs are a bit sore from the jogging into camp... Although "Happy Day" my back isn't sore !!!! Yaaahoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Saint Jude
March 18th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Hi Niblet,
Welcome home! Sounds like it's still pretty cold where you're at.:cool:
I'm getting so anxious for spring! Can't wait to get my kayak in the water.. but it's still not quite that warm.
Funny, when I lived in Colorado, I used to run rivers in the springtime with snow & ice along the edges of them, during the spring runnoff!:confused:
Glad I'm not that young & crazy anymore!

I've been doing about 1/2 an hr a day on my eliptical,& ab-lounge, plus waiting tables.
Still not back to my full potential, healthwise... a bit coughy still, but getting there.
Now Hubby's getting the 'man cold"...;)

Been planting flowers & doing some yard work...
Bring on the spring!
Might go do some hot tub leg lifts tomorrow...it's been a while.

Niblet
March 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You can plant some flowers Jude ???!!! Wow, it must be sheer bliss to not have 2 feet of snow everywhere !!!
I've not stopped by because for the last couple days I've been coving shifts at the caffeteria..On my feet and on the run!.. On Wednesday I worked a 10 hour shift and today I worked for 7... So, I've not had the energy to hit my gym.. Tomorrow though.
Hope that you are feeling even better by tomorrow Jude. :) As well as your hubby and his "man cold" too... xxx

trixietrack
March 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
i am reviving this thread
it is spring folks time to get healthy and strong ! who is jumping in??
I started going to the gym again . focusing on weights and stretching. I am going tonight instead of hitting the bars.

I also plan to do a vegetable juice cleanse after easter.

happy spring equinox everyone!!!

Niblet
March 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
Happy Spring to you Trixie :)
Today I did an awesome workout !!! I just felt so rejovinated ( damn I wish I could spell ) ha !! haa !!!
I did 35 minutes of cardio with my heartrate staying between 135-165. It was just great ! Then I did my usual 75 abs, bowflex for my legs and arms. I really miss when I cannot get into my gym for a workout. It is my special time.
I hope that everybody is doing well and is happy spring is here :) xxx

Saint Jude
March 22nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Went for a nice walk down by the river with the doggies today. It was beautiful out!
Hopefully tomorrow will be nice too. I might even get my kayak in the water if it's nice again.:)

I only did about 15 min on the elipticle because it was so pretty outside, I had to get out there! But I walked a lot @ work tonight.

:H So here I sit having a mini bowl of lite ice cream, 3 baby choc chip cookies(I just baked in the toaster oven) & a lite beer.
My dinner ...because I didn't bother to eat @ work. But it's still healthier than fried fish or burgers, or something smothered in gravey...like most of the stuff we serve!:confused:My Friday night splurg!

Maybe I'll go get on the elipticle now that I'm all sugared up!

barebones
March 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
i thought i would get into this :) ive been going to physio gym for some weeks now which we do circuit training, but i have added more days in going to another gym which i stick to a routine aswell. i go at least 5 to 6 times.

so today im going to gym, will do half hour of cardio and half hour strength

cardio will be treadmill, cross trainer, rowing, cycling. strength will be dumbbelss for biceps and triceps. leg press, abs machine, abs crunches, shoulder pull, chest press and chest push. i think thats mostly what i do lol. also i walk my dog 3 times a day 20mins or more.

i was supposed to go horse riding but it was cancelled.

anyway good going in your fitness, keep it up. see u all around.

LVT25
March 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, I don't know if I can keep up with you guys, but Niblet was kind enough to invite me here, so..........................Ok, I'm in!

Keep me accountable, Ok? I'll try to take the time to read more of this thread Monday, and then start walking! :)

Niblet
March 23rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yahoooooo for you Barebones !!! Sounds to me like you have an awesome wellrounded routine !! Congratulations !! and welcome to our workout partner group xxx
Vetttech is in the house !!!!! Thank-You for taking up my invitation !!! Yep, walking is great !!! Log your time, even if it is only 10 minutes or whatever..Please don't feel intimidated atall... Go at your own pace,,, just go !!! I look forward to seeing your progress guys... Today I will do a workout, yesterday was my day off. xxx

Niblet
March 23rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Today I was a great workout... I worked on cardio for 35 minutes keeping my heartrate between, 145-180 !! I'm trying out jogging on the treadmill Yahoooo !!! I've never been a jogger but I like to walk for 2 min, the jog for one and continue that for awile before hopping on the eliptical for 10 min... bike for 5, then 75 abs, bowflex for arms and legs... I just felt sooo pumped because my Mom has some health issues I just found out about last night(I won't bore you all but it is all in Luvs' 30 day thread)... It felt good to sweat... Hubby and I took out dogs out in our back bush for a nice walk on the ski-doo trails. I've been AF now for 8 days and enjoying this so far...
Take Care All and Happy Easter... xxx's and a :)

barebones
March 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM
well i went to gym yesterday, did my normal routine.

30 mins cardio,30 mins strength

i have added another new machine to my strength.

ive been thinking of changing my routine a little or add bit more time. will do that soon once i have done a few more in what i do.

good going everyone keep it up it really helps when your AF it makes u feel soo good.

and ty niblet for the welcome :) good going on ur AF days. im 24 AF today.

trixietrack
March 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I have started my spring work out. went to the gym 3 days last week.

lifted free weights
ran on treadmil for 30
I have been riding the bicycle for 50 mins also.
I alternate the 3 above with stretching everytime .
then I reward myself in the dry sauna.

today abs day abdominals and no booze.

T

barebones
March 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Well i was at physio therapy gym doing circuit training for 60 mins and ive walked my dog twice both 20 mins. so was good.

im still working out what im going to do about my gym routine, i think im going to add extra 30 mins to start off with, that means 15 mins extra for cardio and 15 mins for strength, so means i do more sets and reps.

will have to see what my physio therapist says.

good luck and keep going everyone.

LVT25
March 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I must confess, I didn't get started on my exercise routine today like I wanted. I was going to walk, but the wind has been blowing all day about 35 mph! Too far to drive to the rec center, but I did clean house and move around all day. I wanted to ask Trixie if it's okay to just skip the workout and hit the dry sauna???:H I have one in my basement and I love it!! Good for flushing out toxins!!!
Hope tomorrow is better for me!

barebones
March 25th, 2008, 03:35 AM
ve just take ur time and yeah wait for better conditions it aint nice going out when weather is crap.

good luck in ur walking.

me its my rest day from working out, all i got to do is walk my little darling pepper, cough cough! yeah right in little darling lol more like mental head case lol.

anyway good luck to everyone else keep it going.

trixietrack
March 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
vettech25;297570 wrote: I must confess, I didn't get started on my exercise routine today like I wanted. I was going to walk, but the wind has been blowing all day about 35 mph! Too far to drive to the rec center, but I did clean house and move around all day. I wanted to ask Trixie if it's okay to just skip the workout and hit the dry sauna???:H I have one in my basement and I love it!! Good for flushing out toxins!!!
Hope tomorrow is better for me!
hey vettech. sometimes I am a lazy girl and I go straight to the sauna, I do little stretches while inside.
you feel refreshed and happy when you finish. :)

trixietrack
March 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I finally went to the drug store and bought some razors. now I can start swimming again.
I hadn't shaved since I got back from my vacation and din't want to scare all the gay boys in the pool.

They get freaked out when they see a woman, but if she is hairy they run .

pool today kids. doing this everyday now until it gets warm out here.

I also started my spring raw foods eating.

barebones
March 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
hey trixie! im doing a challenge in april which we are doing raw food plan. so cool

trixietrack
March 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
barebones;297881 wrote: hey trixie! im doing a challenge in april which we are doing raw food plan. so cool
Keep me posted I am very much into this and also juicing as a cleanse instead of the lemonade diet.

LVT25
March 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hey Trixie--what exactly is a juice cleanse? Just drink juice and nothing else? Also raw food plan--fruit and veggies???

Niblet
March 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I didn't go on the computer yesterday, but I did 35 minutes of cardio (eliptical, recombant bike, and treadmill, walking and jogging) plus me 75 abs... no bowflex today though :)
This morning I did 30 minutes of cardio, 75 abs as well as bowflex for my arms and legs. I had to work also, and that is in a busy caffeteria.. A little later I have barn chores, so that has to be called excercise I guess ;)
Way to go guys !!! Tomorrow is day 11 AF... Congratulations on 25 days AF Barebones :goodjob:
So, I hope that everybody is feeling well and ready to get ourselves ready to enjoy the summer ;) Hugs, xxx

trixietrack
March 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
vettech25;297962 wrote: Hey Trixie--what exactly is a juice cleanse? Just drink juice and nothing else? Also raw food plan--fruit and veggies???
juice cleanse is juice from fruits and vegetables only. you need a juicer for that. yes that is all you live on for 10 to 15 days.

raw= raw vegetables,nuts and fruit. you can also use beans and grains but you must soak them to get all the goodies out of them. no sushi even though it is raw.

it's a pain in the ass if you have a really busy life.

barebones
March 26th, 2008, 02:30 AM
cool trixie on the juice cleanse, the other challenge is for a juice detox aswell. so im up for anything :)

would u mind trixie if i pm u somtime to bug u for some advice on recipes for raw food plan or juices?

or maybe we could start up somthing here?

i just bought a juicer so im just waiting for it to arrive.

anyway for today i have 60 mins of circuit training, walking dog just 2 times today, and then im going to gym tonight to work out.

get going everyone, excercise really helps!

take care all.

Niblet
March 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everybody, I'll check in a little later after my workout, but I have to chime in...
When you are living on juices for up to 15 days, are you not concerned what it is doing to your metabolism... Is it my opinion that you body will go into starvation mode, horde fat and then when you go back to eating normally even lightly, whammo, you will store more fat... possibly even losing precious muscle while juicing... Sorry if I offend, honestly... xxx
May I ask, Are you ladys' what they call, "yo-yo" dieters, or maybe not dieters but up and down more than say 15 pounds... That in itself is why you are gaining and losing... you are losing fat plus some muscle, gain back some weight with a titch more fat and less muscle each and every time. Muscle as we all know is what is burning the fat we want to get rid of. Take Good Care, :)

trixietrack
March 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
hi niblet, thanks for being concerned.

If a person doesn't juice properly what you have mentioned above could happen. It really depends on what your everyday diet is. what you normally eat.

For instance if you juice, and then finish your 15 or 10 day cleanse and go back to eating burgers and fries, you will gain weight and put your system in a lot of stress.

on the other hand if you eat healthy all the time (not easy) this will not happen.

also by combining legumes, vegetables and fruit, you are actually adding a lot of nutrients and calories to your system while cleansing it. this is not a starvation cleanse you are drinking juice all day, lots of it.

I have to put together the recipes I have and post them here.

yes, I would not suggest this to everyone especially if you can't stop drinking AL while juicing. yeah yeah I know wine is juice but it's got booze in it.

I would not suggest this to someone for weight loss. you are right niblet, once you stop the juicing, you will gain all the weight back and maybe even more if you tend to have a high calorie diet based on junk food.

swimming today yeah!!!1

barebones
March 26th, 2008, 12:49 PM
hi niblet, im not a yo yo dieter. this will be my first detox and going raw foodie is a way of life. i suffer from a eating disorder, so my body is normaly in starvation mode anyway. the only prob i have with that is that my weight sometimes stays the same. i have added excercise which will maybe bump start my metobolism, which at the moment is that i am actually eating occasionaly in the day. so that will boost it aswell. im working on eating normaly which will be with a dietician, but eating normaly for me will involve following a raw food plan. i feel just about safe eating fruit and veg and occasional yogurt but im working on going vegan again aswell. at the moment im a lacto vegetarian until i can find a substitute to cows and soya milk. but that may not be needed now if i go raw.

so thanks for ur concern, you havent offended me in anyway.

the only time i have ever put on weight was over year and half which was all beer and hardly eating. that came off in two months.

anyway ill leave it there, im off to the gym.

speak to u all soon.

Niblet
March 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm really glad to hear that you gals don't go up and down with your weight. That is the toughest treadmill to hop off of... I really should have gone into nutrition after highschool. It is my passion. I have always "Eaten to live " not "live to eat"... As a 43 year old lady though I have to workout 5 or 6 times a week to remain at my current weight. I've noticed too that adding some weights has helped alot too...

So, today I did my seemingly boring workout that I love love LOVE.... 30 minutes of cardio, I added extra abs though bringing it up to 85, and then bowflex for my legs and arms...
Have a wonderful day everybody :) and a x

Saint Jude
March 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hi everybody.
Just popping in to say hello. Taking it easy today. Just had 2 molars pulled this morning so I'm moving a bit slow.
Just had some mashed taters...
think I'll go veg on the couch for a bit...
I am sitting on an exercise ball while I'm typing this...(as usual), but that's about it for today.;)

findingme
March 26th, 2008, 11:24 PM
hey all i also allowed alcohol to keep me frommy regualr exericse program. grrrrr! have packed on 25 lbs, maybe more :( i am jumping back in with both feet. for 2wks now i have been "all in". 5 days a wk, 30 mins carido, then 30 mins weights and then either yoga or swimming. curious to how fast the weigh drops for the avergae AF person with a study exericse program?

barebones
March 27th, 2008, 03:09 AM
hey niblet, good for u working out for 5 to 6 times a week, u should however if doing weights is to have a day off after working out, so they can heal and that. i do weights aswell as cardio. i have just upt a extra half hour for cardio. if interested here is my rountine im just starting, but its going to change.

Treadmill 10 min 5% incline

Lat machine

chest press, push

cross trainer 10 min

dumbbells triceps

push up

rowing 10 min

abs front abs back

dumbbels biceps

treadmill 20 min 10% incline

leg press

abs floor

bike 10 mins

barebones
March 27th, 2008, 03:15 AM
hi saint!

well last night i did 90 mins at gym, for today i have 60 mins of circuit training tonight. ofcause got dog to take out.

hi to everyone today, and keep it up. :)

oh and niblet yeah im a gal lol but im 36 hehe so im not that young.

LVT25
March 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
You guys are amazing! Keep posting so I can get motivated, ok?
I went to my yoga class yesterday. I love it! Now I really need to start walking, etc.
Have a great day!

trixietrack
March 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
barebones you rock!
lvt25 yeah for yoga.

I went swimming yesterday. 1/2 hour total plus stretching. my sinuses were hurting so I couldn't keep it up for too long.

I am taking a break today, I have a huuuuuge deadline at work.

My juicer is on it's way out, had to grate my vegetables. carrots,beets, daikon and cucumbers with raw cashews.

barebones
March 28th, 2008, 03:21 AM
thanks trixie im trying to rock lol

lvt
just take ur time, yoga is a good start, walking is good for u aswell. hang in there girl.

its my rest day today, so only got to walk the dog, but its pissnig down with rain, so wont be going anywhere except for quick piddle lol. got AA tonight and also got dinner with some AA friends. so it should be good.

take care everyone.

Niblet
March 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hello everybody.. barebones, your routine sounds really nice and balanced... good for you !!!
LVT25, walking is sooo good for you.. all the best in your yoga.
Yesterday morning I did my workout before I headed into work.. I did 30 minutes of cardio
treadmill 4% incline, walking 37 mph. -15 min'
eliptical, my heartrate is at 155-165 -10 min
recombant bike, 5 min, max tension
then I did 80 abs...
Yep, I only do bowflex every second day... I've always heard the same thing about resting and recovering your muscles every second day :)
Today I was is town all day, so I'll just do my barn chores and that will be about all today... tomorrow though I'm back at it.
Hello Jude, I hope that you are feeling alright after getting those teeth out...you poor dear... thank-you for stopping in. We miss you XXX
See ya all tomorrow !!! ;)

barebones
March 29th, 2008, 02:55 AM
good going niblet :)

i have horse riding and then gym today. also its sunny out, so will be taking dog out longer today.

have fun peeps thats suppose to be the meaning of excercise.

take care

Niblet
March 29th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Enjoy your riding Barebones.. My old quarterhorse will be 30 this summer, (our anniversary is his birthday actually... ) so he has been retired for some time now... I bought him as a 6 year old and he is the first horse I've ever had... I love him so much, he's my best friend. We used to do stadium jumping as well as western pleasure... He was a real firecracker in his day...
So, today my hip is sooo tender.. I fell while going out for a load of laundry outside. We still have ice and snow... then zip !!! I fell flat on myside. I'll be fine in a day or so. So I only did 33 minutes of really good cardio, no abs or bowflex... have a great day everybody, xxx

barebones
March 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
hey niblet :)

well this morning didnt happen for me, my riding got cancelled again. so it was just my daughter at pony club, so i went for walk with pepper for 30 mins. i went to gym this afternoon and worked out my strength program and then did a bit of cardio which wasnt much as my friend had to leave. so i only got in 20 mins.guess just one of those days.hopefully next week will be back to normal.

sry about ur hip niblet, hope it gets better soon.

see u all tomorrow :)