Anyone Looking for a Work-out Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year to everyone! I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start working out together????.....helping each other stay accountable???
    I have a fitness background. I know WHAT to do, I've just allowed booze to take all my real motivation away. This website has helped me get it back.
    My husband has promised to move my treadmill back into the house from the garage this evening (where it has been since renovations in June!). I typically do treadmill intervals in the am. That tends to lean me the out the fastest. Also, I joined a gym for the weight work and will aim for two days a week at first.
    Anyone interested in posting your workouts? I LOVE to hear about how other people are using exercise to help stay sober.:jumpin:

I would love too. Up until the 15th of December I was walking about 2 - 3 miles a day and going to the gym about 3 - 4 times a week then I allowed myself to fall back into my bad habits. Tomorrow plan on doing my 2 mile walk and going to the gym for some weights.

Cuckoo

Comment

Count me in! I was also walking 2 miles about 5 days a week, weights at the gym twice a week. Then Dec. hit and everything was put on the back burner. Already have my walking clothes on & plan to go out shortly. Its so much easier without a hangover! I feel sooo good!
      Am really looking forward to getting back in shape.

Comment

Thank you both for responding so quickly!!! I'm excited! I have been up all morning "working out" trying to get all my Christmas decorations packed away and moved back into storage! Believe me, it's not an easy task...I go a little overboard with that stuff!
        But anyway, we're moving the old treadmill back inside today and will clean it up and make sure it still works! If all is well, I plan on setting my cell alarm for early in the am to get my cardio off to a good start! I will probably do some 'light' ab work too....wonder if they still funtion under all this blubber???? :H
        Good luck to us all!

Comment

I'd love to join you guys too !!!
          Since finding MWO, I've lost those stubborn last 14 lbs that excess alcohol has kept on my body and I'm loving it !!!!
          I have a small room in our home that is my home gym... I use an eliptical, a recombent stationary bike, a bowflex (for weights) as well as a mat for abdominals.
          I've been a regular excerciser now since last spring and it has been so positive for my wellbeing. My hubby ran a T.V. cable up there so I can get satelite television... Otherwise I cannot tolerate the 30 minutes of cardio (5 or 6 days a week), plus the weights 3 or 4 days per week.
          Oh, and I love to walk really fast... My hubby and I do not walk together very often because I walk too fast for him and I strain myself to slow down to his pace... argggg!
          Oh, and I use a heart rate monitor while doing my cardio to make sure that the pace is beneficial. ( Heart rate stays between 140-165 beats per minute)
          So, lets burn some holiday calories and build some fat burning muscles... Shall We !?!???
          Thanks,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

As soon as I get my #*@$%** elliptical put together I'm with you!

My plan is to work out on the elliptical 4-5 times per week, and do some abdominal etc exercises 3-5 times per week. Then after I lose some weight and am not so ashamed of my body I'm going to join hte gym to start weight training.
            I have never been good about exercise - but I gotta get it going! I'm getting old and achey and much too fat too fast!
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I would love to join you. I have put on disgusting amounts of weight from AL. Used to walk pretty much every day, but have been having knee problems. I joined the Y last month and as of TOMORROW I'm going to be there on the elliptical so I can start building more strength again. I'm hoping that stopping drinking for a while will let me lose a bit of weight and help my knees ...
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

USMgirl, I will be complaining about putting away Christmas decorations in February. IMHO it takes so much work and effort to put them up and I get so much enjoyment out of them I like to leave them up as long as possible. I have a stepper in my room so plan on getting up in the AM and putting in a little time (~ 5 minutes) on that just to get the blood cirulating before work. At lunch is the 2 mile work and after work is the gym. Niblet, MOW, LA, and DH good luck to us all (although Nib you sound well ahead of the game). To a healthier, firmer, fitter, new year.

Comment

I got an elliptical for Christmas! It's my favorite new winter toy! I've been doing anywhere from 15 to 50 min a day on it...depending on the weather around here. Today it's sunnny so I'm off for a hike now. (the sun looks like a UFO! It's been a long time w/out it here! )

I also have an ab-lounge & stair master

I'm kinda fanatical... But I'm always wide awake after work...
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Oh guys! This is great! I had to take a break for a minute to check and see if anyone else has signed on and yeah!!!! what a great response!
                    I forgot to mention that my hubby gave me an ipod shuffle! It's tiny!!!!! I can clip it on my collar and go to the gym!!!!
                    Maybe from getting to know you guys, I can learn how to love the elliptical......I've yet to enjoy it at all...I'm a die hard treadmill junkie...as long as I have the tv on for music videos!!!
                    Who says 40 is too old for a bikini??????....well, actually is 43, but who cares? Summer of 2008 is on it's way and we can all get to our goals together!
                    :yougo:

Comment

Can I join you guys? My elliptical is kinda dusty so gotta shake it up. I got an ipod nano for Christmas too, and I have a gardening project for the next 3 days that should keep me moving and lifting. USMgirl, you can put podcasts on it too, they are free! I really got a wino belly to get rid of. :h
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I'm in.... back at gym on Wednesday.... Suzanna, gardening project for next 3 days, that'll work more than gym.... Good luck everyone with the fitness thing!!!!
                        TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Count me in guys....thurs will be my back at gym day, iv been paying my monthly membership but havent been for so long i that cant remember!!
                          Im gonna feel so embarassed walking back in there....but i know once iv been a few times ill be hooked again...especialy with all the support here!!!

Thanks for the idea

Lou-Lou x x
                          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Suzanna;248286 wrote: Can I join you guys? My elliptical is kinda dusty so gotta shake it up. I got an ipod nano for Christmas too, and I have a gardening project for the next 3 days that should keep me moving and lifting. USMgirl, you can put podcasts on it too, they are free! I really got a wino belly to get rid of. :h
                            "Oh Suzanna!".....sorry...just had too start with that! I WISH I could get out in the yard! It's cold here! And I'm not too far away, just over in 'Ole Miss! Yard work is so good for me....I just love it! Thanks for the info about the podcasts. I've got to read up on it!
                            Enjoy your yard!!!

My hubby and I are headed up to the hills of Tennesse this Friday and will be with family up there through the first of next week.... by the time we get back, we will absolutely be ready for our fun "Florabama" vacations!

Comment

Florabama?? Is that the panhandle? Where's that banjo on my knee, LOL!! It's gonna be cold here tonight too,I gotta go get my orchids. I am so excited to get going tomorrow, getting fit with you guys and gals! MOW I hope you get that elliptical together.
                              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X