Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6

Hello All!

Flight 6 headed deeper into Absville is proud to have you aboard!

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful posts yesterday!

Sylvia, congratulations on 47 days! Good work! It is sooo interesting for us to watch while other people get drunk. Like you said it gives us yet another reason to be happy about what we're doing. And it gives us an opportunity to see ourselves - what we may have looked like when we were drunk - through these new, clear eyes. So I guess your husband is a normal drinker, and yes it's an enviable trait that for most of us is impossible to achieve, simply b/c of the physical aspects of our brains & chemistry. BUT, with this program many of us hope and strive and succeed at achieving a kind of simulation. We may eventually be able to drink like normal drinkers through moderation, but I don't know if we'll ever really think like normal drinkers, meaning our relationship to alcohol is different from theirs. So there may come a time when you'll be able to take it or leave it, but you might have to put more thought into your decisions than a normal drinker. Having said that, please prove me wrong! Anyone. I'm open.

Alcohol is everywhere, sometimes I feel like it's talked about everywhere by everyone! I even jump in on making jokes at work about drinking, mine & others, just to join in with the flow. I don't know, sometimes I feel like a hypocrite making light of it when I know how much suffering it can create. It's not a light subject to me, but it seems so easy to buy into this cultural idea that drunk people are quaint, or the things we do while drunk are funny, etc. There's a pervasive attitude in society that alcohol & drunkenness is no big deal, and I think that can make the thin line btw abstinence & drinking even thinner for us. It could undermine the hard work you're doing, make it seem overly vigilant to not drink at all. We're definitely in the minority out there, that's another great reason to be here where we're oh SO the majority! And thank God for the support of this place, and ALL of you!

I hope I've made some sense here, I'm in pumpkin land again (almost 1:30 am). What's this? Hey, there's a thick stem growing out of the top of my head! Oh... no I know what that is... Nancy's vibrator... ! See I'm so tired I'm hallucinating! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

Have a great Day 6 y'all!!!

:h Deirdre :P

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired, you quit when the gorilla is tired.
    -Robert Strauss

Day 6

day 6

:b
    Still Here! Feeling good. Day 25abs.
    But, jeez I hope that Gorilla gets tired soon.

Deirdre, I think you're right about needing to put more thought into the "normal" drinking decisions.
    I know I have a problem with alcohol right now. And I am sure that this will always be in the back of my mind, even when I have hopefully achieved a sense of normalacy (sorry about the spelling, I just couldn't figure out how to get that one right).

ps. I love the quotes, I have know idea where you keep managing to pull appropriate ones from.

GS:rollin

Comment

Day 6

Good Morning All in Absville,

Ok Deirdre, put the vibrator away!! LOL!!!

Well, I got some exciting news yesterday. I received a green light from the "powers at be" for our vacation. So, if all goes as planned, by this time next week I will be hooking up my camper to the back of my Yukon and heading north for a much needed break!

I can't wait to pull my camper out of storage. It will be just like Christmas Morning. Heck, it will be better than Christmas Morining, and there is not too much better than Christmas Morning around here! I need you all to keep your fingers crossed for me that this happens because I so totally, seriously, and completely need this vacation!!

I do believe I will be going more of the moderation route for this vacation...very moderate however. I will share more on that tomorrow. I do know one thing, packing is going to be a WHOLE new ballgame!!

Have a GREAT day all!

Donna

Comment

Day 6

Hi all,
        Donna - hooray on your vacation - we all need a break sometimes!!
        I am so happy this morning. I had SUCH A HARD TIME last night wanting to drink - awful. I wound up getting on the chat, though and before you know it it was time for bed. I still wanted a drink but why bother if I was heading for bed...etc. I made it!!! Still in absville - I thought for sure I was a goner there for a while YEA!!! Ya-hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy :eek
        Peggy

Comment

Day 6

oh

Hi everyone,
          Oh my gosh Deirdre, That vision just popped in my mind. haha too funny!
          Oh Donna, I can't wait for you to go camping! You make it sound so exciting. I want to come too. I promise to be good.
          Well today guys is my offical 30 days without any beer. hum amazing. Very proud of myself. The start of some new things for me. Gonna stay on this path for a while. See where it takes me. Improved health I know that. Physically and mentally.
          Well hope everyone has a great day. AF of course.
          Loves and hugs Gabby

Comment

Day 6

OK......everybody go read yesterdays post if you didn't already...(vibrator story) don't want to scare any newbies!

De....pumpkinhead....I love you!!! You are THE best!!:d

Also...it's like dancing with a bear...you don't stop dancing until the bear stops!!:b

The 4th of July sober.....interesting wan't it? I'm so happy to hear that so many of us were able to enjoy it. And to be preggers....oh what a sweet feeling! If I could go back and do all that again, the one thing I would do differently......
            is.. .my precious children would have a mother that NEVER took a drink of anything stronger that good ol southern sweet tea. If you have your life ahead of you, please please please listen.....this is from the bottom of my heart. Do whatever you have to do to get healthy and sober and when you are my age looking back you won't have the regret that I have. Ok...end of sermon.....:h

Lookin forward>>>>>>>>>
            meeting daughter in law 2b for dinner and will get to see her in her wedding dress!!:happy I :h shopping!!
            Have many hours to fill until then, so I think I 'll go out to the hoophouse and check on the tomato plants...they probably NEED to be tickled!:rollin

prayer for today.......Father, HELP, HELP, HELP! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

Nancy& Belle:d :d :d much :h :h :h

Comment

Day 6

Hi
              Day 11.Did feel a bit of the craves today but on the whole i'm good.The gorillas not in the least bit tired though.Hope he packs it in tomorrow.

Glad to see everyone is happy and doing well
              lluf

Comment

Day 6

Peggy, sorry you had a hard time last night, but you got through it and your reward was waiting for you this morning! Yeah! Good idea getting on chat. As the days add up you will have less & less of a fight. It gets much less intense and less torturous. Just wanted to let you know that it does get better! Really good going! Hang in there...

Thanks for the kind words Nancy, and I WILL take your advice about doing whatever we have to do to be sober to heart. I really heard that! Have fun today... I mean with your DIL 2B silly, not the other thing!!

Donna, I love camping too, but wow it's a lot of work! You better rest up before your vacation! :lol So great that you got the green light, I know you've been looking forward to this so much! Hallelujah... As for moderating, are you going to post your plan? Yes? Where, here or on the mods board? Let us know so we can keep an eye on you!

Well Gabby, after many wrestling matches and fist fights and arguments and spitting on each other, I finally put that gorilla to work for me. And every night I make him dig through the archives and find just the right quote of the day. Keeps him busy at least. He is very obedient now and knows his place, in a zen kind of way... dumb as he is!

By the way, I forgot to mention that - as you suggested Donna - it's a really good idea to hook up with a buddy for some extra needed one on one support. So let's see the mail flying & the ezboxes crankin! It could make all the difference on one of those hard days or nights! Not that we don't take good care of each other right here on the board! I think you all do a great job of having each others back. Just wanted to get that out though, it never hurts to have a buddy! :d

lluf, 11 days is VERRRRY NICE! Congratulations! You are doing just great! That dumb-ass gorilla has nothing on you! Hang in there...

Ok, back to the grind.....

Hugs to all!
                Deirdre

Comment

Day 6

ok

Good Boy Gorilla (for today)
                  Deirdre....keep ur whip handy!

Comment

Day 6

Re: ok

just checking in for roll call

Comment

Day 6

first official day

Hi everyone! My name's Laura, and I just found this site. I've been trying to deal with my drinking for a while now on my own. Sometimes it works, but never for very long. Then I came accross you guys and thought maybe a little help wouldn't be a bad thing! I figure if I have people who are rooting for me I will have more will power. Anyone mind if I join the event?

Comment

Day 6

Re: first official day

Pls do join inm1 there is power in #'s!

Good luck- you will find a lot of support here, and a little bit of fun too!

Comment

Day 6

Re: first official day

Just stopping in to say a quick hello. "Helloooo!"

Everyone's doing a great job! And welcome inm1!
                          :P
                          Back later--
                          best, susan (87 days abs! )

Comment

Day 6

Hi all,

Checking in for Day 6. Gotta go throw stuff out now. See you all later:lol

Glad you checked in on chat last night, Peggy - that's working the program!!!

Pansy

Comment

Day 6

Welcome lnm1, always room for one more!

Yes Deirdre, I will fill you all in on my plan but first things first, I must see a man about a camper!! Camping may be alot of work true, but it is SO much fun!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X