Thursday January 3rd at the INN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning INNmates!! Did you know that there is a National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization? Honest, they have a website and everything. There is also a 12 step based disorganization website.

I've been listening to a CD called Get organized the clear and simple way by Marla Lee. Its very helpful and like much of the current material on organization it looks beyond the clutter to the reasons that we hang on to stuff. There's also a lot of very practical information but what struck me was that when you organize your space, you have to set it up in a way that works for you.

For example, my office is always a mess. This summer my DIL helped me tear it apart and she reorganized it. Many parts of it work, but generally, its still a mess. Now the good part is, there's a lot in here that works, so it doesn't have to be to total revamp. The hard part will be consistency. Whatever system or techniqes I settle on will need to be used consistently to keep this space neat.

There's so much info on these 8 CDs that I thought that I'd like to have the book, but there is no book, just CDs!

You might want to check out the website. The resouce list is worth the visit. Clear & SIMPLE? : Professional Organizing, Training and Consulting : Marla Dee.

Have a great day all.
    Love and Peace
    Rob

Hi Rob! WOW, that is amazing! I am TOTALLY going to get this for my Mom! Good for you. I think I am an absolute minamalist because my Mom had so much stuff and was often unorganized. I am probably on the polar end of that scale... to a fault sometimes.

Well, I got my exercise in again today and feeling great. I am going to Mexico March 23rd with my daughter. I am so excited. She is completely fluent (at the ripe age of 11), as she has been in a duel-immersion spanish/english program in school since pre-school. She spends two weeks in english, then two weeks in spanish, learning the same cirriculum. She is doing Geometry in Spanish! Crazy.. Anyway, I am so excited to take her down there and let her speak for the first time in Mexico. AND I AM EXCITED to go down with my new body - that gives me three months. I can do it!! Bikini here I come!

Well, off to the spa... take care, and a wonderful hello to all that come!!

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hello there! Day 4 for me. Feeling down today and can't shake it off. Know I need to distract myself but just want to veg out. Maybe with the schools going back on Monday will help - my son's 15 and not really talking to me still after my last 'slip' last weekend. But it's in the past and I just need to try and keep talking to him. Day at a time. Off to put some washing on.

Take care...

Comment

Hello Hadenuf......Oh! I recognise so much in what you say! You're not alone! Right down to Kingston, Surrey!! And as for having a 15 year old son....mine doesn't do much talking even without my drinking!! And I gather I'm not alone so you're not either then!

And Day 4 sucks.....we've been there....hang in there; it gets easier. Vegging out is your body just adjusting and recovering from the toxins of alcohol....loads of water, sensible sugars (your body's been very used to lots of the sugar that is in alcohol....and is made fomr it by your body which is 'looking for it'....short term sometimes other sugar works well. I did sweet tea for a week or so which I utterly loathe but it helped!)

So, say hello to Kingston for me, think of me as we look at our mute 15 year olds together and think on to another few days and feeling better!

Hello Innmates.....back later after cooking some grub for said (lovely!) hollow legged lad! Half a pig under the grill just now!

Love from a freezing, windy, DARK-ALL -DAY tip of England!
        FMS xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Good Afternnon Innmates! My internet went down this morning, so this is my first chance to check back.

MM- What part of Mexico are you going to? What an incridible program your daughter is in! It will come in handy in her future!!

Had- Welcome!! Day 4 what an accomplishment! Hang in there. It will probably take some time for your son to come around, just show him how wonderful and strong you are.

Everyone have a great evening.

Love and Peace
          Rob

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Hadenuf, hang in there. Both the AF thing and the 15 year old not talking get better in time! Around the time the 15 years old turns 22 Mom and Dad grow a whole lot smarter!

Finding gave you some good advice re the sugar thing. Lots of fruit and juice help too, and just keeping busy. Good time for the topic of the day - reorganizing!

And - Re the organization skills - I have come to the conclusion that the best solution for organizing is moving every year - such as we have done for the past three years! Not a fun way to do it, but when you are faced with packing something up in a box and toting it to yet another house, a lot of it becomes quite dispensable! I am becoming quite minimalist, MM, too - it?s my husband who is not! So it works much better if I clear out clutter when he is not around and can?t see what I am chucking!!!

Our son, who is moving away tomorrow, :upset: is being packed up today. They will probably be over today to get the stuff he has stacked in our garage. It will be a whole lot more empty, believe me! So am kind of stuck here, even though it?s a beautiful day and I?d rather be out and about?.

Well, off to go through some bookshelves, etc. Have a great day, everybody!
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

MM - Have a good time in Mexico!

Oh slap me, just couldn't resist!!!:H
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Oh dear Hannah! I am larfing so hard!!!!! Thank you! MM - enjoy and explein that to your lovely little daughter! Or not!! I hope you have the best time...what a lovely thing to be working towards!
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thanks for your words!!! They helped alot - I'm sitting here smiling would you believe and Day 4 is done and dusted as I'm just about to hit the sack. Thks FMS - said son has started to talk but he doesn't want to - you know the sort of thing... but I've upped the juices and got lots of fruit in. Appetite slowly starting to come back. Think I made a breakthrough with my mum this evening. She's very much an all or nothing kinda person and the 'all' bit was driving me to drink, so I've said I'll not ignore the phone and ring her daily, same time so they know what's going on as I'm still off work and trying to get some sort of treatment (2nd time lucky) put into place.

Feel in a better place right now - might not last long but I'm enjoying it... it definately gets better.

Thanks everyone and goodnight xx

Comment

Hello Inn Mates,

Hadenuf well done on day 4, it is rough at this point. Determination...determination.
                    Let your son see your success as he has seen as you say, slips. He will value your effort at some point, but it may be from a distance.

Hannah, was that Satori under the Sombrero?

Hannah, FMS, Rob, and MM I am wishing you each a wonderful start to 2008. Hadenuf welcome to a group here that will walk with you as you find your way to your goals. Many of us strive to be AF and some moderate but we all support you especially during these difficult days. Know you are not alone on Day 5 AF tomorrow. We will be sending you our strength.

July

Day 162 AF

Comment

Working...
                    X