rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rage

how do we keep from turning external rage...things that anger us out side our safe little bubble, inward. how do we keep the anger out? not letting it affect us...sway our choices? I have recently lost my job, and amazingly not due to any fault of my own...my boss is acting like a three year old and i have the desire to either throttle him or drink myself into oblivion...perhaps both...fuck fuck i hate anger *sobbing*...it is such a shitty emotion to work through
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

rage

i know how...exactly how i always do..drink.numb it down a notch...no...not tonight...you can't touch me....alone or not, you can't have me tonight....sober i WILL be.....fuck...don't they make drugs for this shit?

Comment

rage

Keeta, you need someone to talk to......how about a friend, family member, clergy. Sooner is better. you sound like you need to decrease your anxiety and anger. Drink isn't the answer here. Maybe just keep posting or go into chat.

Comment

rage

i have no one.i am ashamed to admit it but its true.but thank you Winefree...for posting

Comment

rage

Keeta - yes, I understand utter rage and anger and I used to deal with it by getting utterly legless. Numb was good. Temporarily. But of course that led to greater rage and anger in the cold light of day.

Ride it out sober. Don't let the idiot boss win.

I know I'm not much help - I just wanted to acknowledge your post. Hang in there.

Comment

rage

Keeta,
            I don't have any answers for you.
            Meet your rage in a public place, shake its hand and introduce yourself.
            Sit down for a while and get cozy. Get familiar until you know it's every thought.
            Figure it out. Come to terms. And then get up and walk away.
            Easier said then done.
            But I don't think the answer is to shoo it away. It only comes back like that annoying fly.

Glad to have you here.
            Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

rage

tawny.thanks...hanging by a thread here..really, if i could invent a drug to make this feeling of utter hopelessness go away i'd be rich! thank you for posting.i needed it more than you know

Comment

rage

D.not looking for answers as much as opinions *hugs* thank you for yours...this is giving me focus away from *me*...so it is a good thing ha ha...am working on the walking away thing...it is in progress

Comment

rage

well, ok, here ya go!

:l :l :l :l
                  * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

rage

Keeta, I have been where you are, many, all too many here have been there. Honestly, there are ways to release this. Talking helps a lot, feel free to speak freely. If you need to Pm me or any other member that you feel comfortable with, just do it!

You have a right to say NO and expect that no, means no! You have a right to define how you are treated. It's time to get your power back and not drown the pain in booze!

Hang in and Reach Out, sweetie!
                    KateH
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

rage

ok.sanity is so subjective.when i crave alcohol.nothing is beyond reason...when i fight it.sometimes it beats the shit out of me.i came through this guys....thanks to all of you.i don't know what hormones and shit were eatin me but holy crap that was bad and they are gone....*deep breath here* i DID it...thanks to all of you....crap before i get all weepy again i just need to say thank you

Comment

rage

keeta:

For what it's worth, I have found the only thing constructively to take rage, anger, hopelessness caused by external events away is...

Physical exertion. Exercise. Weight lifting is great. Punching bag is very therapeutic for impossible bosses or customers. Running and biking, both let you somehow "run away" and discharge the angst.

I've been dosed with lots of different pills for emotional relief, and the ones that worked good, only did more damage in the long run, and made it worse in the long run.....just like the booze does.

Just a couple cents worth for you.

Neil

Comment

rage

Kate.aww...sweetie thank you SO much...you may regret the offer of the pm LOL i hope you are well...i am not too bad right now...for now

Comment

rage

Keeta, you don't have no one....we are here for you. Just keep posting and as you have seen, it will get better. And if it gets worse again, just post again.......we are all here to help each other.

Comment

rage

Neil
                              thanks for your venting ideas...you are right..physical exertion works.honestly i am so pooped if i could crawl into a corner i would

Comment

Working...
                              X