Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Prevention Magazine

A PILL THAT KILLS THE THRILL

Here's a safe bet: An amino acide supplement called N-acetyl cysteine appears to ease compulsrive gambling and may also relieve other addictive behaviors. 16 of 27 problem gamblers reported fewer urges after taking increasing doses of NAC for 8 wks in a Univ of Minn School of Med study. The amino acid appears to normalize the levels of glutamate, a chemical that may be out of balance in specific areas of addicts' brains. - Julian Kesner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this interesting in that it addresses glutamate in the brain, however, why not just take glut? or 5 HTP?

From Prevention Magazine

Lucky I was wondering the same thing. Did the article say if it is available at health food stores or where to purchase it?
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

Hey P,

No, it did not say anything more but I think I prefer to stick with L Glut.

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

NAC is also great for brain health and memory. I have a bottle but have not been consistent taking it. It is a considered a very powerful anti brain aging pill.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

Question about NAC and for all you taking l-Glut, as well. Are both available at health stores? And if so, specifically for the L-glut...do you purchase any old place, or ony from the MWO site, like I've seen so many recommend doing for the kudzu?

TIA.

-HopefulNow
          Taking it all in

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

I've gotten my L-glut @ the health food store, but have recently found it VERY cheap @ Wal Mart!
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

Jude - offering my cent-and-a-half... with supplements, often you get what you pay for. There are often big discrepancies in quality and how well it's absorbed in the body, etc. L-glut is used by those wanting to build muscles, so it's a big business, and cheap manufacturing can take advantage.
              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

Good point MOW.
                I haven't been taking this new L-glut for very long (the cheaper stuff), so i haven't noticed a diff...
                But I'll be alert to that...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

I buy the L-glut at the store where they sell all the body builder stuff. the pwerder type works best and the workout guys say that you need to take at least 5g a day you can up it to 10g if you are working out hard.

It does tale cravings away. sugar and alcohol. i never used to sit and just watch people drink wine, I would be drooling like a pavlov dog and then I would join in. now it's just like yeah i'll take a glass........whatev.....
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

What is NAC???
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

From Prevention Magazine

Camper,

NAC is N-acetyl cysteine as described in post #1!!! Pay attention GF! And do not ask what GF stands for!

xoxo

Comment

Working...
                      X